Going to Rome this Easter

Yquem

Elite
Society
Freelancer
Vintage Yquem Port
Hi all fellow gamer from Rome Italy (and other visitors)

My wife and I are going to Rome this Easter. Except all the must see what else should we see / visit? We will love to hang out, find very good places to eat, be where the locals are.

We will stay in the Trastevere on the east bank of Tiberen.

We are in Rome from 29th of marts to 6th of April

I had a great time in Rome a few years ago. My Wife and I stayed at The Palatino on Via Cavour. Lots to see and some really lovely restaurants. If your fit enough I would walk around the city as you miss so much taking the Metro.

Dirk

In Rome there is a fountain on every corner......

I've heard there is this place where a ton of people believe this strange fairytale, old men touch each other in saunas and children get abused. Might be worthwhile to visit since they from time to time find millions of euros just lying around....

I did a bicycle tour when I was there, which was great and showed me the stuff 'off the beaten paths' and one thing the girl doing the tour said is "Don't eat on the large squares" by that she meant that those restaurants are over priced and usually not as good as the restaurants on small squares and streets.

Don't know if you have breakfast with your hotel, but having breakfast in some tiny little place, where most people just buy some and go back on the streets and usually just have 2 or 3 tables, is great and cheap too. And I think you play less when you eat it on the go instead of sitting down.

And the one thing I always do while on a city trip is go into those small streets where nobody goes or enter the tiny church door on a very crowded streets with the big brand high end stores. (forgot the name of the street in Rome, but I probably entered one of the best looking churches I saw there and nobody was there).

Eat Pizza for lunch and do like the Romans do, drink a Beer with it. Italians don't drink wine with pizza :)

And Rome during Easter could be a bit crowded I suppose as there will be a lot of Christians going there.

Anyway, have fun !

Back