Help: Gold Card worn out - Support not answering

Ted

Old Alpha
Tor Ted Hovi
Edit:
CASE IS CLOSED!
I called MA directly and the mess got cleared up within the day!
Finally I'm back in game.

Hi.
My Gold card is completely worn out and I need a new one.

Made a support case 2016-05-24, but they have not answered even after several updates.

Tried to mail Entropia Universe <mindark@entropiauniverse.com> 2016-05-31, but NO reply from there either.

Made a new case 2016-06-07 , and are still not getting any answer even after several updates.

I know you guys are busy playing ComPets and all, but REALLY?

Edit: Included the shameful history of this "Support". I am getting really angry now!

History for support case 323760:

2016-05-24 18:38 You wrote:
My gold card is completely worn out so I need a new one.

Did not find a link to attach my ID.

2016-05-29 20:16 You wrote:
Are you having problems with your database? I got this mail:
This is a reminder that Support Case <%s[case_id]> needs actions from you to be resolved. We are either waiting on more information or for documents/screenshots to be sent.
The mail had as you can see NO case number, and I have uploaded TWO seperate IDs without it showing in the support case. Neither is there any message from you in the support case????

2016-05-31 11:13 You wrote:
Not getting any reply from you here?
If you need me to send the ID as an attachment in a mail I will need an address.

2016-06-13 08:44 You wrote:
I need to get some kind of reply from this!

2016-06-20 02:13 Entropia Universe Support:
Hi Ted,
Thank you for your support case.
We apologies for the delay in your case and any inconvenience it may have caused you.
We will set up an Gold Card order for you, if you'd like we can deactivate your current Gold Card until you receive your new one, as we've already verified your ID we can do so straight away.
Once more, we do very much apologies for the delay and we will strive to make sure it does not reoccur.
Kind regards,
Ulf | Entropia Universe Support

2016-06-20 15:07 You wrote:
TY.
I would prefer not to deactivate my old card until I get the new one. (I want my items safe).
Will I receive a new Gold Card in the Mail now or what?
Any idea how long it will take?

2016-06-25 17:21 You wrote:
Five (5!) days ago you apologized about your delay and the inconvenience it MAY have caused me.
Still you manage not to answer me!
This is getting RIDICULOUS.
Reply to my answers and solve this mess!

2016-07-02 11:37 You wrote:
Hello!
What are you guys doing with my support case????
NO answer! NO new goldcard! NOTHING!
I can not believe how unprofessional this is being handled!

2016-07-09 23:30 You wrote:
This is getting horrible unprofessional.
Pay attention and at least ANSWER my support case!
When will I receive a new gold card?

Last edited:
That's a crazy long time to be locked off the game. :eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

some people mention to try calling them, and hope the call answerer speaks english (unless you can speak swedish ofc)

also have you tried cleaning the chip with contact cleaner?

I advice you to add photo ID and some prof of Your adresse to the support case.

I advice you to add photo ID and some prof of Your adresse to the support case.

I did .... in BOTH support cases.

I am amazed over how bad support have been about this.

Pretty shocking.

Well, not shocking as it's MA but...

I opened up a support case on this same issue in the beginning of November of 2015.

As you might guess...it is still open as of today.

gold card reader purchase 312110 2015-11-05 12:06:42 2016-06-16 05:36:34 Open

"Hello, my reader looks like its on its last leg, and I need to order a new card/reader if possible. The old link on your site is no longer working, and I dont see it in the TT or the webshop anymore.

Where can I go to order one once I have the peds set aside?"

and of course on the Entropia order page for the readers...it says:

"Security System
Gold Card Reader 100 PED

If you need a new gold card please contact support."

Last edited:
my battery died and was replaceable. free support 12 bucks batteries

Still nothing. (This has been going on since May now!)

I got one reply from support 2016-06-20
Where they apologized for the delay in my case and any inconvenience it may have caused me and reassuring me they would "strive to make sure it does not reoccur".
Then NOTHING!!!!

How is this kind of "support" possible????

I opened up a support case on this same issue in the beginning of November of 2015.

As you might guess...it is still open as of today.

gold card reader purchase 312110 2015-11-05 12:06:42 2016-06-16 05:36:34 Open

"Hello, my reader looks like its on its last leg, and I need to order a new card/reader if possible. The old link on your site is no longer working, and I dont see it in the TT or the webshop anymore.

Where can I go to order one once I have the peds set aside?"

and of course on the Entropia order page for the readers...it says:

"Security System
Gold Card Reader 100 PED

If you need a new gold card please contact support."

OMG that is BAD. We are both in the same boat.

guys sorry to say that, but I think you missed the replies :wise:
I needed support help couple times and always I got a reply within 24-48 hours tops (once it wasn't their false but Pay-Pal). So I think you should check more often spam and deleted messages. Just in case.

guys sorry to say that, but I think you missed the replies :wise:
I needed support help couple times and always I got a reply within 24-48 hours tops (once it wasn't their false but Pay-Pal). So I think you should check more often spam and deleted messages. Just in case.

My spam goes back one month. Nothing in there. Somehow Support just drop the ball on these cases.
My guess is they are having problem with new goldcards now that they are introducing the other new security system.

It's odd that support is not giving high priority to issues which prevent a player from entering the game and play, spend peds, etc.

Don't they want to have people play the game???

:scratch2:

Still nothing. (This has been going on since May now!)

I got one reply from support 2016-06-20
Where they apologized for the delay in my case and any inconvenience it may have caused me and reassuring me they would "strive to make sure it does not reoccur".
Then NOTHING!!!!

How is this kind of "support" possible????

I ordered a new card last month and just got it Thursday odd to see this is going on with you?

I also have a case open for one month now, asking how should I proceed given that I moved to another country. No answer, zip, zero.

Another week has passed.
I'm starting to get really angry now.

Piss poor support from a unprofessional Company!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Another week has passed.
I'm starting to get really angry now.

Piss poor support from a unprofessional Company!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Unless I missed it, I dont think you've tried opening it up. So if you dont own a tiny screwdriver set, they can be bought cheaply. This is UK:

http://www.wilko.com/all-hand-tools/wilko-precision-screwdriver-set-6-piece/invt/0209196

Get one of those, open it up and see if you clear out any fluff in the reader. Worked for me 5 odd years ago. As support haven't answered I dont see what you have to lose by attempting it.

Good luck. :)

Same thing here. I have told them to fix my card or to remove it from my account. Nothing happed. And yes I have upload a copy of my ID as an attachment. :confused:

Hi.
My Gold card is completely worn out and I need a new one.

Made a support case 2016-05-24, but they have not answered even after several updates.

Tried to mail Entropia Universe <mindark@entropiauniverse.com> 2016-05-31, but NO reply from there either.

Made a new case 2016-06-07 , and are still not getting any answer even after several updates.

I know you guys are busy playing ComPets and all, but REALLY?

Edit: Included the shameful history of this "Support". I am getting really angry now!

History for support case 323760:

2016-05-24 18:38 You wrote:
My gold card is completely worn out so I need a new one.

Did not find a link to attach my ID.

2016-05-29 20:16 You wrote:
Are you having problems with your database? I got this mail:
This is a reminder that Support Case <%s[case_id]> needs actions from you to be resolved. We are either waiting on more information or for documents/screenshots to be sent.
The mail had as you can see NO case number, and I have uploaded TWO seperate IDs without it showing in the support case. Neither is there any message from you in the support case????

2016-05-31 11:13 You wrote:
Not getting any reply from you here?
If you need me to send the ID as an attachment in a mail I will need an address.

2016-06-13 08:44 You wrote:
I need to get some kind of reply from this!

2016-06-20 02:13 Entropia Universe Support:
Hi Ted,
Thank you for your support case.
We apologies for the delay in your case and any inconvenience it may have caused you.
We will set up an Gold Card order for you, if you'd like we can deactivate your current Gold Card until you receive your new one, as we've already verified your ID we can do so straight away.
Once more, we do very much apologies for the delay and we will strive to make sure it does not reoccur.
Kind regards,
Ulf | Entropia Universe Support

2016-06-20 15:07 You wrote:
TY.
I would prefer not to deactivate my old card until I get the new one. (I want my items safe).
Will I receive a new Gold Card in the Mail now or what?
Any idea how long it will take?

2016-06-25 17:21 You wrote:
Five (5!) days ago you apologized about your delay and the inconvenience it MAY have caused me.
Still you manage not to answer me!
This is getting RIDICULOUS.
Reply to my answers and solve this mess!

2016-07-02 11:37 You wrote:
Hello!
What are you guys doing with my support case????
NO answer! NO new goldcard! NOTHING!
I can not believe how unprofessional this is being handled!

2016-07-09 23:30 You wrote:
This is getting horrible unprofessional.
Pay attention and at least ANSWER my support case!
When will I receive a new gold card?

I ordered my new reader just 3 weeks ago and got it in a week?

You may really want to try this link here:

https://account.entropiauniverse.com/account/security/

Thanks to all who replied trying to help, but the problem is the goldcard itself (The connector pads) is completely worn out, not the reader.. (I think I have had the goldcard for atleast 11 years now?)
Also I am reluctant to order a new card since the one support reply I got was not clear to me if they was already sending me a new one or not.

I wish Support could just get off their asses and give me a reply.

Horrified to see so many others in the same situation as me.

Haha reminds me:

ordered a new GC befor christmas last year, and recieved it 4 weeks later in January.

MA is not fast to bring the players back into the game :D

Hello ted,

i didnt see where exaclty the problem with the gold card lies....my m8 tes got some probs with the reader+card
(error 72 e.g.)

he cleaned carefully the contacts of the card and the reader (he said there were/are some pins bended???

--> the final solution was to replace the coin battery of the reader ( its like an old cmos-battery for the pc´s

Hope this help,

Eddie

I am having the same issue with my gold card now as well, I have two card readers 1 old and 1 new and both display error 72 so it has to be the gold card . I sent a support 1 week ago and still no reply . How can a game like this one make it with such poor support on their end.

Woohoo.

I got my new goldcard (and a new reader).
Had to call MA directly, and they fixed the mess instantly!

Still amazed it took so long, but I'm finally back! :p

Woohoo.

I got my new goldcard (and a new reader).
Had to call MA directly, and they fixed the mess instantly!

Still amazed it took so long, but I'm finally back! :p

A entropia boycott would fix this issue, you shouldn't have to fucking call the company for them to help...

Back