Info: Gold Rush Results = SNAFU

funniest thing is that nothing will happen :d ppl will complain, ppl will get copy paste answers until ppl forget (remember cyrene armor ? nobody talks about that scam any more xD )

whole Gold rush 2021 event was a joke anyway,winner could be named before the event start since it was just a dps contest. Too bad, Ark was one of the best planets years before and gold rush was a fun event in the past

Generally speaking playing by the rules and achieving a significantly higher score than those posted as top placements does "rightfully entitle" a person to win.
As has been commented, not necessarily to win, as we don't know who will be where once things have been corrected, but rightfully entitling people to complain for sure.
So I gave your post a like Jack :).
Which is the correct question: how do they manage to do stuff like this? - or - why do they do stuff like this?
Maybe both become rhetorical at some point...

not really, you're just assuming other scores.

if you say the calculations are wrong, then you should also assume the values for other players are wrong - so you really don't know what you're comparing yourself against.

enjoy the grapes :)
nothing to do with sour graps, im sure you did your own calculations - in my case i know up to the second how long i spent in the instances and how many points i had at the end - and i can proof it from my chatlog as i marked the time spent in instances with my pet despawn message - mindark on the other hand shouldnt need my pet despawn message they should know exactly where my avatar was and how long and therefor be able to do the correct normalization score !
Now if they had been correct on my score i would have good confidence that they might be correct in other scores, but since they were wrong in mine and i know from other actual winners that they were wrong in theirs this doesnt give much confidence to any of the scores being proper. Nevertheless they announced the winners and i wouldnt want to take any announced prize away from anyone - all im saying is if they screwed up and made it impossible for the ones with higher scores to win then they need to come up with some kind of compensation.

JBK makes a good point. There is clear reason to doubt the accuracy of the results. An explanation is the least we are due.
Others point out that, like the old mayhem, most competitors have no chance. The game rewards those who invest time and money, these competitions do the same. It seems that most people consider the new mayhem format more equitable, perhaps this is the way forward.

For my part, I though that I had a good chance of winning something & am dissapointed. However the blizzard of skill pills in the loot made me happy.

If there are to be 'random' point type comps in the future, I'd suggest that the main attraction should be in the loot, with lower value prizes. This would, I think, make fewer people unhappy.

Just as a note, John's calculations for his score appear correct for a 20-hour normalised score.

In Category 1 I posted around 100,000.
Curious to learn how one posts 4.5 times that score.

Last edited:
9 days after creating a respective support case as well as supplying additional information i have so far not seen a single response to it nor questions even though i pointed out that i could provide even more detailed information - nor have i heared from another player to have gotten a response to their cases.

9 days after creating a respective support case as well as supplying additional information i have so far not seen a single response to it nor questions even though i pointed out that i could provide even more detailed information - nor have i heared from another player to have gotten a response to their cases.
And this is why MA is going the way of non competitive events…. But really the solution is to keep competitive events and just do their jobs! 😭

And this is why MA is going the way of non competitive events…. But really the solution is to keep competitive events and just do their jobs! 😭

I'd rather them work on developing the game and the new engine.

Last edited:
I'd rather them work on developing the game and the new engine.

So if MA scam us players and don't present correct winners on big events you think they should just laugh about it and ignore the scam they do... and ignore the problem.. and instead work on new stuff instead?

I just discovered my support case for arkadia goldrush was closed already a few days ago just one day after i updated it with additional information and offering that i could provide more detailed information regarding instance exit timestamps as well - case 409872 - i have other players pming me telling me their cases got closed too...

I get it that most players probably didnt expect to have a chance in goldrush so maybe their support department thinks they can get away with shutting down a few voices - but this is larger then just a few players - mindark has a poor record for everything related to 'time' getting the event start times wrong, the server downtimes, the auction order times after server resets - im not surprised they got the times for goldrush wrong and in consequence the normalization and this impacts everyone - keep that in mind for future events if they dont bother fixing it now.

Btw i wouldnt be surprised if the auction order negative time bug extends to other areas and 'some' people may have had negative times added in their normalization score either - and everyone knows what that would mean i hope.

Last edited:
Does the pet despawn message give an accurate time , or is there a delay such as there is when logging in?

I know there are times when I have crashed and when trying to log back in , it will say I am already logged in and to wait 1 minute.

Does the pet despawn message give an accurate time , or is there a delay such as there is when logging in?

I know there are times when I have crashed and when trying to log back in , it will say I am already logged in and to wait 1 minute.
i used it to show to mindark when i entered the instances, i do have the message for the exit as well and i do have screenshots ov every run which show at the end of run the exact time to the second that one was in the instances - and it all matches. The only thing that doesnt match is whatever mindark calculated...

The lack of communication from MA is astonishing… how they can still run a reasonably successful game is beyond me, but they most likely have our addictive nature to thank for that.

Really hope this gets resolved for those involved, but history has taught us not to expect much in these cases… ☹️

I just discovered my support case for arkadia goldrush was closed already a few days ago just one day after i updated it with additional information and offering that i could provide more detailed information regarding instance exit timestamps as well - case 409872 - i have other players pming me telling me their cases got closed too...

I get it that most players probably didnt expect to have a chance in goldrush so maybe their support department thinks they can get away with shutting down a few voices - but this is larger then just a few players - mindark has a poor record for everything related to 'time' getting the event start times wrong, the server downtimes, the auction order times after server resets - im not surprised they got the times for goldrush wrong and in consequence the normalization and this impacts everyone - keep that in mind for future events if they dont bother fixing it now.

Btw i wouldnt be surprised if the auction order negative time bug extends to other areas and 'some' people may have had negative times added in their normalization score either - and everyone knows what that would mean i hope.

My support case (support case 409973) was also closed without any info at all, just a copy paste answer..

This is the copy+paste answer I got - and this answer did NOT answer any of my info/report/questions in my support case - it's just a way from MA to tick the box "support case taken care of" even though it's not taken care of at all..

"
Hi Eson,

Thank you for contacting us.

We have forwarded your inquiry to members of the responsible team for further investigation, any irregularities found will be adjusted as soon as possible.

Please stay tuned to the News and Release Notes sections on the website for further information and developments.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards,
Folke | Entropia Universe Support
"

This is exactly the same thing as if you go into a store and the cashier accidently charge you $1000 instead of $10 and then when you talk to the owner of the store he says "Thanks for letting me know, check my website if we find any info about this mistake".

In other words - TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!

My score in Cathegory 3 Gold Rush was, normalized score, around 100 720 points - wich is more than all 3 winners in Cat 3

This time this had impact on me, JBK, Captain Jack - and possibly other people too - but remember, NEXT TIME it might be YOU that do not get a price because of something similar.

So if MA can do this and just wait until people give up - this will happen to YOU as well next time!

(for the record - ofc I can not know if also the 3 "winners" in cat 3 also had a bad/wrong calculated score, so I can't know 100% if I should have won or not - but at least MA should present correct scores and compensate those that are the correct winners)

//Goran Eson Eriksson

Reactions: jak
File a complaint to the FTC.
Maybe that will wake them up?

Maybe all that feels they are affected an have evidence should make a claim.
the more claims the more likely an official investigation will follow.

just an idea of course. I wouldn't bother. Worst case they might find MA's whole business model a fraud an forbid it in the US.

My support case (support case 409973) was also closed without any info at all, just a copy paste answer..

This is the copy+paste answer I got - and this answer did NOT answer any of my info/report/questions in my support case - it's just a way from MA to tick the box "support case taken care of" even though it's not taken care of at all..

"
Hi Eson,

Thank you for contacting us.

We have forwarded your inquiry to members of the responsible team for further investigation, any irregularities found will be adjusted as soon as possible.

Please stay tuned to the News and Release Notes sections on the website for further information and developments.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards,
Folke | Entropia Universe Support
"

This is exactly the same thing as if you go into a store and the cashier accidently charge you $1000 instead of $10 and then when you talk to the owner of the store he says "Thanks for letting me know, check my website if we find any info about this mistake".

In other words - TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!

My score in Cathegory 3 Gold Rush was, normalized score, around 100 720 points - wich is more than all 3 winners in Cat 3

This time this had impact on me, JBK, Captain Jack - and possibly other people too - but remember, NEXT TIME it might be YOU that do not get a price because of something similar.

So if MA can do this and just wait until people give up - this will happen to YOU as well next time!

(for the record - ofc I can not know if also the 3 "winners" in cat 3 also had a bad/wrong calculated score, so I can't know 100% if I should have won or not - but at least MA should present correct scores and compensate those that are the correct winners)

//Goran Eson Eriksson
I got the exact same reply on my closed support case which was closed the second of the reply and it was also from Folke, wouldnt be surprised if he just closed all cases with the same reply round about the same time.
The very least to restore trust in the scoring they should be able to publish the total time in goldrush instance they took into consideration for each participant - then it would become very clear where the error happened and how big of an error it was.
This isnt just a matter of shutting those up who pointed out that their score was miscalculated, this is about restoring trust in accurate timekeeping if its made having an impact on the winning scores like it does in normalization.

No one need a barrister but i recall i have posted before evnbet started that cat2 waould be best for bigger shooters to win due to more loot instances for second due to "FFA" rules.
easy to spot that no one can shot more than a BP130 T10..... it is pure math.
i am sorry for placed but we all know that normalizing best 20 hours of shooting JBK was before start a "statistical winner"
and he is a clever one too because competed in the category that most suit a big power.
Eson setup was good for Mayhem so there is not a big problem to think that he was in top also on GOLF RUSH, GOLD CRUSH, gOLDEN SHOOT (Sorry MY but at least you should know the name of the events)
cat 4 was won as forecast by the biggest DPS blader, the only cat that pose really no discussions, was easy to forecast tho, big weapon lead to top cat results.

as i saw "outsiders" as winner in a dps based contest i realized that some problem could exist... reading the thread i am sure.

i suppose the best thing is to keep the winner the item and make antoher GOLD RUSH with more skill pill and give to the participants a Tshirt with "press F to PAY respect"

Last edited:
This is 2021, the idea that one should engage in a competitive event, at large expenses for a month without any idea of where in the table they stand is ludicrous. Not only that, but the absolute lack of a complete release of stats for all players, makes it all a joke. They should have published total hours played and total points collected, both easily available for them, and if not, how on earth could they come out with a score? Whether that is on MA or Arkadia team I have no idea, nor I have any interest in finding out.

The lesson to take home for the player base is to never compete in an event which doesn't have a real-time leaderboard ever again. This is why I didn't participate, and your horrific experience has sadly proven me right.

Dylan I OfficialToday at 17:55 (arkadia discord)​

@everyone - We got the results back from MA - There were changes made and the reason for the long wait is to double check everything and make sure it is corrected. We went through every participant that partook in the event and these results will be published on Monday. I can confirm there were mistakes, but this does happen and we want to correct it, but we will make sure this never happens again. I will update everyone on Monday again.

I suppose this can be considered a victory for math and logic.
i do hope that they will keep some compensation for the de-ranked people.

press F to pay.

It would be cool of them if they would release a ranked list of everyone who participated. I would be interested in knowing my position.

this is a PP event not an entropia event, i don't expect MA to do jack shit about it other than scold ark and never allow them to do events again lmao

this is a PP event not an entropia event, i don't expect MA to do jack shit about it other than scold ark and never allow them to do events again lmao

Did you miss the part where arkadia cleary states results were calculated by MA? Maybe because they knew for a fact results were fubar?

Dylan I OfficialToday at 17:55 (arkadia discord)​

@everyone - We got the results back from MA - There were changes made and the reason for the long wait is to double check everything and make sure it is corrected. We went through every participant that partook in the event and these results will be published on Monday. I can confirm there were mistakes, but this does happen and we want to correct it, but we will make sure this never happens again. I will update everyone on Monday again.

Maybe he meant some other Monday...

Back