Good job once again MA ...... not!!!

Ianus

Alpha
Society
Mod WilD3amons
Roty Rot Roti
I talked to several of my friends to explain the game to them. 3 of them were interested in download and see what is all about. However none of them could make a valid account because there is an automatic validation and if not pass they ask from u an id card or some other form of identity validation. The only problem that their application wasn't accepted automaticaly is because they are from Romania.:mad:
I have 2 questions for the brilliant minds from MA desk:
1. What is the base to do that to someone just because is from a certain nationality? More important why to us when the romanians are very well represented in game by some ava's and they are winners of last WOF ? And in this time all reported scams in game, some of them plain clear are treated like nothing happened and u respond that can not interfear?
2. How do u think u can atract new players doing business like that? OFC none of them wanted to continue with making an account because is frustrating to try to play a virtual game and be treated from the start like a common thief from the provider itself. Oh and just for u to know we do have cards too, we stoped making payments in nature quite some time ago.

So all in all i have to say that i actually can't think at a stoopid business model as the one that u run. For me that model is actually more and more a subject of jokes.

I don't get that too... I mean, if someone plans to scam from Romania, there is no need to do it through an account located there... They should switch that immediately OR state to customers, why they block it (maybe a legal problem with Romania laws?)

1. What is the base to do that to someone just because is from a certain nationality?

All I have heard about this is that Romania was blocked due to a big amount of hackers/scammers... Dunno if that is the only reason though :scratch2:

Old stuff...

I know quite a few good poeple from romania playing EU (don`t bash meh pls), but the overall reputation of a romanian player online is quite low tbh. Especially in EU, sorry guys. Romania was "banned" (not really banned, just the ID checking) long time ago.

Anyway, since this is a RCE game, it should have ID checking for everyone and from anywhere.

I don't get that too... I mean, if someone plans to scam from Romania, there is no need to do it through an account located there... They should switch that immediately OR state to customers, why they block it (maybe a legal problem with Romania laws?)

I dont know of any legal problem; i myself play both subscription mmo and poker on line that involves real money and never had any problem with that sort of things

This story is realy old ... I though it was ok now :confused:

Anyway its dumb to lock a wall country because of few asshole. Look like an easiness resolution.

This is not the only problem. EU is way too complicated to download and install.
Hopefully there is some players around here, as usual, who take time and energy to solve this problem, instead of MA ...

They are new commers, there is new rules, where is the problem?
They are not playing for a long time, they just have to create their Avatars, and the game is asking ID.
If this is to protect players, from Romania and others countries, I think it's a good think, do not see the Bad everywhere.
And like it's says before, maybe this is an obligation for MindArk with Romania to protect economy.
Howewer, I don't see a bad thing in this.
And if your friend become futur good player (addict like us :)) they will ask for a gold card and so, they will have to send their ID too.
I am sorry, I do not see any problem or frustrating in this

Guys im not gonna comment romanian player reputation, maybe there are many scammers i don't know i dindn't encounter them.
However the real problems are 2:
1. The game is not really top product to try to do anything to be in it, why keep raising fences for someone to enter?
2. My problem is that not everyone ID is checked. Is like i say for example Torlin, i don't want to make business with u unless u give me colateral because u are from Italy so ofc u are part of organized crime. How would u feel in this case?

when you scam from romania as many do plese explain how u do it from a account not located there?

As far as i know...

Romania is been the paradise of hackers because they are not very helpful when it come to share informations to entity such as the FBI or things like that...

so for years the most harmful spammer and hackers were based in romania because anything that happen on their territory cannot be taken as proof and used against them in a US based judgement. ( i think, thats mainly why spam still exist btw, isnt?)

I think there even romanian laws that protect their users on the web?

Thus why most of the big hackers like to use romanian server to start their attack if not use a few chained ones...

tho it doesnt stop them from being shot a bullet in the head (which did happen too, a famous spammer have been "revealed to public" but other country authority couldnt do a things to sue him or punish him, and some days ... "poof" ... someone drawn him a hole on is forehead).

I think that for some of thoses reason you are asked to prove your identity, because then if something happen, they can come and kill you :rolleyes: ... its funny huh?

but still, im pretty sure the laws are still that you cant do shit when it come to touch someone living inside the border of romania when it come to account him for a cybercrime, atleast when it come to know more information about who was using that or that IP adress... u can have proof, nothing will happen... authority there never been cooperative in the past to my knowledge hence why it came more "personnal" on some cases...

In almost any country, u can know who was using which "ip adress" by asking the provider when a governement entity ask about it... to my poor knowledge i been told that in romania this is almost impossible to happen... maybe today different?

So that endup that the peoples are totally "anonymus" and tend to do things that... well u know the rest

And MA HATE TO lose control ;)

So ... is that more clear?

Im not stating facts, this is personnal interpretation of what i have read and found in all my "net" years from bbs to www dot com :)

And as a urban legend, romania is "why" hackers & spammer still exist in 2010.

Last edited:
I thought it had something to do with Romanian laws. That if for instance somebody from Romania scammed somebody, and that person reported it to
the police, wich in turn contacted MA to get the IP so to get the name and address from ISP.

I thought that ISP would not give out name and address to customers, and so it would be easier if something happened, that MA already had the name and address.

Not saying that Romanians are scammers or that scammers doesn't come from other countries, but wasn't there a reason that the majority of
spam mails was sent from Romania because of the poor IT laws?

I might be far of target here and I personally have never run into any scammers from Romania that I know of.

But I actually think that it should be the same for everybody no matter where you come from. I have no problem with proving who I am to MA
if they want that info. (Which I guess they want (and hope) if I ever withdraw)

EDIT: dotc0m beat me to it

As far as i know...

Romania is been the paradise of hackers because they are not very helpful when it come to share informations to entity such as the FBI or things like that...

so for years the most harmful spammer and hackers were based in romania because anything that happen on their territory cannot be taken as proof and used against them in a US based judgement. ( i think, thats mainly why spam still exist btw, isnt?)

I think there even romanian laws that protect their users on the web?

Thus why most of the big hackers like to use romanian server to start their attack if not use a few chained ones... tho it doesnt stop them from being shot a bullet in the head (which did happen too).

I think that for some of thoses reason you are asked to prove your identity, because then if something happen, they can come and kill you :rolleyes: ... its funny huh? but still, im pretty sure the laws are still that you cant do shit when it come to touch someone living inside the border of romania when it come to cyberspace, atleast when it come to know more information about who was using that or that IP adress... so that endup that the peoples are totally anonymus and tend to do things that... well u know the rest

And MA HATE TO lose control ;)

So ... is that more clear?

Im sorry but u are misinformed
I know of dozens of cases only from television of hackers that were caught in Romania in cooperation with institution from other countries like FBI or Interpol, most were convicted in Romania and some were judged under the other countries legislation for their informatical crimes, so no, is not like is heaven on earth for scammers and hackers and no one touch them.
And the question why MA does nothing about the proved scamms in game still remains.

There was a time about 2-3 years ago when several scammers used to be around ... and great percent was romanian.

But as I stated then, It's ridiculous to ban a whole country because of this...
... and it's more pathetic to bring the ban back or keep the restrictions over such a long time.

Not every account created or threated equal.

p.s.: If it was on me, I would require account validation from everyone after nn ingame hours.

Computer crime flourished in Romania because the country lacked a cybercrime law until earlier this year, when it enacted what may be the world's harshest. The new law punishes convicts with up to 15 years in prison — more than twice the maximum for !!!!.

(Article from 2003 :D)

Although the Russians are better known for online extortion, Romanians have become major players in the scam, a specialty also favored by criminals from Bulgaria, Poland and Slovenia.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/10/20/tech/main578965.shtml

I don't know if it was changed but in Romania the law situation is quite complicated and basically its difficult for a foreign company to hold people from Romania responsible in case of illegal activity in cyber crimes.
It was in 2006 that the scam activity from Romanian players became so noticeable much that MA even completely disallowed new accounts from there for a while.

That this situation still exists greatly surprises me.
What I was expecting was that given the increase of international cyber crimes Romania would have altered their laws by now...

Edit: LOL too slow, see post above mine, so the situation should be better now. Point that law out to MA maybe they will change the registration then.

Its really simple

Romanina is where count Dracula is from
MA does not want vampires playing the game becuase they live forever and have no chance of dying and loosing all there ingame wealth

so instead of being discrimitory to Vampires and take the chance that those who stalk the night will slip in and bite them and turn them into vamps also they just ban the whole country

see makes sence doesn't it:scratch2:

Reactions: Wed
the good rummanians suffer under the bad.....:)

maxx..an old friend and clanny of mine had his account locked because he was rumanian ..3 years ago i think...send his id...problem solved..2 many hacks scams came from there hence they blocked it..

:cool:

if some romanian been procecuted outside their country ... I tend to feel it was because someone greased the wheel... which mean $ was in the end...

If someone hack the wrongs ppl with enuff cash to "find a way" to backfire at you, it happen... may it be by LAW$ or by brute force...

that would be 1% of the hackers/spammer. They are taken as exemple and normally are the worst of the group, which we call script kiddies... they dont even know how to do it, try stuffs to impress friend or whatever... and worst they do it from their home and stuffs like that...

But if u dont do it from home, tracing you back is "near impossible" if one of the server you chain into is from romania because no one will cooperate to tell you where<-->to<-->where the connection was. Make it to multiple others server in romania, even if you $ some, some others make a statement to never reveal about it. And their seem to be no laws to force ppl to do it in romania.

Oh and a few of ingame friend are romanian, i dont hate them, its just been common gossip in the community my friends been into so i heard a few things from them, leave and take ofc :)

I myself think its kinda funky :) maybe "some other country where internet is closed" is like that too? :eek: i doubt you could get anyone to help any other goverment if someone would be issuing spam/hack from there... or am i wrong?

Guys im not gonna comment romanian player reputation, maybe there are many scammers i don't know i dindn't encounter them.
However the real problems are 2:
1. The game is not really top product to try to do anything to be in it, why keep raising fences for someone to enter?
2. My problem is that not everyone ID is checked. Is like i say for example Torlin, i don't want to make business with u unless u give me colateral because u are from Italy so ofc u are part of organized crime. How would u feel in this case?

I will answer you " EEh man, I am not Italian, I am from Corsica !!!!"

I think this is not the problem atm.
If I understand well, MA is asking ID to all players from Romania?
If in game someone ask me collateral to make bisness with me, he is an ashole, because I always make good deal most of the time under market :)

I just want to say, everybody makes his own reputation in this game.
If you are to expensive, you will not make a lot of deals, if your stuff is stolen you will be blackkisted, if you are a good person, others players will like make deal with you.

But before making deals, MA ask for your ID? So you got choice, you do it and you can play, you do not and you go to play WoW.

There is some "signs" on each nationality, this is a fact, I am sorry but it's true.
Be carreful to romanian, french are always crying and speak english as well as my feet (it's 50% true lol), swedish are always drunk (not false anyway... :)) and some others exemple like this.
This is life, just give ID to play and the problem will go away.
I am sure when chinese will come in game most of the players will say " they play 24 hours a day, they make teams of 3 guys on an avatar, we cannot follow them we are loosing PEDs".
So, it's not to stop people from Romania to play, it's a security to protect people from Romania already playing (I know some of them and we are friend).
I speak too much english for today, I have to relax my feet now :)

Regards.

I myself think its kinda funky :) maybe "some other country where internet is closed" is like that too? :eek: i doubt you could get anyone to help any other goverment if someone would be issuing spam/hack from there... or am i wrong?

Countries that do not cooperate are really rare.

Romanian constitution sucks. Romanian government and parliament also suck bad ass. So we now have to give some ID's when making accounts. But the thing is that people are reluctant to give their personal data such as ID card and utility bill just for a stupid game... I know dozens of cases in witch people refused to give a damn about this game just because they were forced to give ID cards and bills...
Anyway you can make accounts from Romania now without having to send the personal data (they still sent you the fail creation account mail but they activate it manually shortly after) ... I think greedy bastards from MA told their staff to activate all shit loads of accounts that are made during this time

Anyway you got to admit they are not racist when it comes to big players that cycle a lot of ped... see Combo and BlackHawk who got 2 ubbers right after they announced they leave the game. Would be awesome for them to still leave with the money :D

ITT : butthurt romanians :silly2:

but no seriusly it's is a little crap to punish the whole country for the actions of a fiew individuals

when you scam from romania as many do plese explain how u do it from a account not located there?

by using a proxy server or whatever its called you can make it seem like you are somewhere else

by using a proxy server or whatever its called you can make it seem like you are somewhere else

Yes but by that you bring yourself within the jurisdiction of another country and even though it may be difficult to get you to court within Romania it will be easier then as Romania has extradiction contracts with many countries.
So if you use a proxy from Germany you will be brought to court there.

It's a poor and inefficient method to stop scamers, they would make accounts using friends from outside of Romania, the only ones that would suffer are people that want to try the game.
There is almost 0 chances I'll send my ID and other papers just to play a game I know nothing about.

Yep, bad policy from MA, again!

Last edited:
:scratch2:
I think once the bank comes online there is going to be a lot more scrutiny of ID's, activities and MA.

This issue is not only with Romania. My brother was registering and he had to sent pictures of his ID. And he is far from Romania and has nothing in common with Romania. I'm not sure if this system is for everyone and by what people are chosen to send their ID. One thing for sure - it is not only Romania.

Back