Government forum on Entropia Forum

ND, ur drunk, go back to RT and stay there.
Fuck all this VR President bull shit, its a fucking joke that you're obviously taking much to serious.
If you want to do something, go get more players who want to pay to play.
Fuck another forum, I don't even like this one that much, but it is the most active and I just want ONE and ONLY ONE place to get my PE game info, do it all here or don't do it at all.
Fuck TP Fees and any other ideas to drain my deposits. All I want to do is grind mobs for skills and swirlies. I don't want to be forced to participate in any of your, or anyone else's, stupid fucking ideas.

Keep this bull shit up and I will leave, again, for good, and I will take my money, lots of it, that I have been depo'ing (REGULARLY) to play and go do something else with it somewhere else.

The idea is to get more paying customers, not soaking the ones you already have for more and more money. Keep that shit up and that flushing sound you hear will be paying customers like me flushing you and this game down the toilet. For good.

Was it just me or did anyone else have to read 50 or more comments just to know what he was even talking about?
Or was some it announced somewhere else that I was supposed to know about?

Thanks Girts for posting a link to it.

And the president thing is actually real?
I honestly though it was a joke or a marketing campaign

Was it just me or did anyone else have to read 50 or more comments just to know what he was even talking about?
Or was some it announced somewhere else that I was supposed to know about?

Thanks Girts for posting a link to it.

And the president thing is actually real?
I honestly though it was a joke or a marketing campaign

No, you were right, its a fucking joke.

"People that don't think that a certain thing is impossible, should at least stop disturbing the people that are actually doing it right at this very moment."

And no, not each, it was needed to be just one person (even crowdfunding / sharing the registration fee costs) to run and rally enough supporters / voters behind them to beat the other candidate.

If you are going to quote someone,
A) make sure the quote is applicable
B) at least include the name of the person that you are quoting

As to the second point, are you saying that every time ND/MA comes up with some insane, worthless publicity stunt, that we are supposed to pay them more money to circumvent the stupidity? Doesn't that just encourage more stupidity?

You're trying to spin this to make it sound like we just suddenly showed up and started criticizing your idle, but the truth of the matter is that we have been criticizing this stupid publicity stunt from the very second that it was announced. The fact that ND is doubling down on the idiocy just makes it all that much less palatable.

It's pretty funny to see that the few people embrassing "this idea" and ND seems to not have been around long enough, and know about Nd's shits , MindArk shits, the past 10 years.

Perhaps we should make a real list of it ? Just to put stuff in perspective, if that kind of new "news" does not speak by itself already.

By simply reading it, it's easy to see all the non-sense. But no, some people still don't get it.

and I am ONLY, talking about "the president of virtual reality" thingy, from beginning to now.

Unbelievable ;).

It's pretty funny to see that the few people embrassing "this idea" and ND seems to not have been around long enough, and know about Nd's shits , MindArk shits, the past 10 years.

I know that I first heard of EU (which eventually lead to me joining it) especially because of some stories about Neverdie and his adventures / investments / success in the game; so yeah, in many aspects, he's my role model in this game (although no, I don't agree with everything he does or says).

http://www.presidentofvirtualreality.com/

also, which mental institution created that page?
* the whole thing is a random sequence of hype words that have no meaning when read as a sentence
* reminds me about style of Zaphod Beeblebrox
* the explanation of how the teleport fees would work is just nonsense expanded to 70 paragraphs + some colorful images
* says that Entropia would be paying "the office" a salary... wtf? so this whole teleport business, is I guess there to get the salary going...

Thanks for the link. I need to let this sink in more. But the way I am feeling at the moment is pretty sad for EU. I also cant see myself hanging around if/when this goes forward.

All right. Let's analyze this.

It's very encouraging to see passionate responses to my first initiative as VR Prez.
I have requested that MindArk create a dedicated forum for discussion of the types of concerns we see expressed here as well as the ideas for the establishment of a truly representitive government and democratic system. If all I accomplish during my term is stirring debate and forwarding the movement to a a self governing virtual universe, then I will have accomplished something.

Putting hype and idealism aside, you consider kicking the ant nest an accomplishment?
Are you now claiming success?

If we were to revert this forum to its original name Entropia Forum , then it would be appropriate to engage in dialog here, but i think we should engage in this type of discussion in a planet neutral forum..

I look forward to getting things set up so we can get the democracy into full swing.

Does that mean you acknowledge that the office of VR President is a farce, and that you arrived there by appointment?

Shenanigans! I call Shenanigans.

Meanwhile , rest assured that I listen very closely and that my goal is to create a more balanced and inclusive economy that will increase the appeal of this platform significantly.

Can I then infer that you find the economy to be unbalanced?

Do you seriously believe that adding fees and micro-transactions to more activities, such as teleporting, (with the goal of a more inclusive economy) will make this game more fun and bring new depositing players?

Surely hunting/mining/crafting are more fun then spending money through direct fees and micro-transactions.

Although at first site adding fees is cause for alarm, I truly believe in the plan I have put forward as a means to address global issues and bring great opportunity and prosperity to the cirtizens of VR and EU.

Please read the press releases and know that I speak from my heart when I say that I want to empower and give value to the players for their time..

Yes, at first sight, and all subsequent considerations, it is alarming.
What global issues do you refer to?

MOST OF ALL:
This is a zero sum game.
Actually, it is less than that, as MA earns a share.
HOW can you offer PROSPERITY??
- Is it only an abstract idea? A virtual token? A new skill? Oh wait, I think I know. Its an in game achievement, right?

I find it deplorable that you would offer jobs that pay PED for playing, which ultimately come at the expense of the depositor.
Leech should not be a viable profession.

Not to say that my strategies may not be controversial or even questionable, I am sure for everyone who is already deeply invested they are disruptive but I believe they have the potential to serve The greater good.

What strategies?
I'm finding it difficult enough discerning your goals.

The best I can hope for after reading this proposed change, is that you are simply trying to gain publicity by presenting meaningless words and images with no underlying substance.

If you are acting as a MA mouthpiece, being used to present unpopular ideas to the players, then let us know so we may act accordingly.

tldr: NUTS

ND: You don't improve the economy by making the game even more expensive than it already is.
You improve it by keeping the established player base happy, by listening and communicating with them, so they will continue depositing instead of chipping out and leaving. And by spending money on advertising, to bring new, future depositors into the game.

Start your presidency by convincing MA it will be a smart move to fix bugs before introducing more features. And tell them to give us markup back, like it was pre shrapnel and EP bp.

I'll happily pay a tp fee if you make this happen.

I look forward to getting things set up so we can get the democracy into full swing.
In the spirit of being constructive, I want to expand on this, which seems to me at the core of this whole undertaking. Everything else is details at the moment as I see it.

The way this 'democracy' has begun is already a mortgage on everything that follows. The way to save face for the president I believe is to distance himself from this and call for an early re-election, say at mid-term the latest. Instigate a few projects, have voting on them done properly and make sure that the technology for this is up and running bug-free (in-game voting system, ofc, but with measures to provide accountability independent from MA), and then put yourself to the test again. This time without a paywall nobody in the right mind would cross (for just $3k you get to stand for governor of a US state, $1k for the same in an experimental VR? Wth were they thinking... this wasn't your idea I hope?)

Anyhow, mop up this mess and clean your reputation, otherwise there isn't much of a future in a leadership role. At every turn, people will come back on this issue and throw mud until all wheels come to a halt. Communicate how this was intended in the first place between you and MA (or have MA itself come clean), because nobody really understands it and this creates unhealthy speculation. Hope this makes sense!

Last edited:
lets not finish on TP fee, lets make even login to game fee

lets not finish on TP fee, lets make even login to game fee

Unfortunately that will not create any JOBS or WAGES--BUT......
We could have a Loot Manager System. All your loot goes to the manager and then you have to TP to the Loot Manager and pay a fee to claim it. This is a win win!!!! It creates "Jobs", it creates fees, and best of all--They can design it so you have to go to the other side of the planet to get your loot thus boosting the transportation sector.

It would be great!!! People will love it!!! The Economy will BOOOOOOMMMMMMM!!!!!

(Note-the above is pure sarcasm---But I am totally aware that in 8 years this will be presented with a fancy announcement and a nice spin as an actual idea that is good for EU--provided EU is still around then ofc)

will paste it here as well, what the hell
DoA:
What do you think that was the (final) goal behind this suggestion?
3 things crossed my mind on goal
  1. none, just a mental breakdown, after looking at that page http://presidentofvirtualreality.com/
  2. to introduce one more layer of deeds and fees into the already absurdly expensive collection of deeds and fees - to pay nd&co for their efforts
  3. MA is actually preparing something more sinister and using this to make it look better (e.g. coming up with a new 50% tax and then someone else comes with counter-proposal to make it only 10%, all the protesters happy)

and there is nothing about why and what kind of jobs it would be creating
reminds me of 2 things, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zaphod_Beeblebrox and

ND: You don't improve the economy by making the game even more expensive than it already is.
You improve it by keeping the established player base happy, by listening and communicating with them, so they will continue depositing instead of chipping out and leaving. And by spending money on advertising, to bring new, future depositors into the game.

Start your presidency by convincing MA it will be a smart move to fix bugs before introducing more features. And tell them to give us markup back, like it was pre shrapnel and EP bp.

I'll happily pay a tp fee if you make this happen.

a good start would be getting ma to fix my next island land deeds I got screwed on.
I guess if you don't own a planet you don't count

[SUP][/SUP]
Really? You want to create yet another forum? We currently have a dozen forums of which I only use 2 since I hate spending time searching for any usefull info before I can log in and actually play/spend peds.

Totally agree
Lots of usefull info will be missed by many players

Keep all the info in one place.

Doesnt make sense to be scattering it all over

a good start would be getting ma to fix my next island land deeds I got screwed on.
I guess if you don't own a planet you don't count
You might be surprised to hear that sometimes, even owning a planet does not count either :laugh:.

Although at first site adding fees is cause for alarm, I truly believe in the plan I have put forward as a means to address global issues and bring great opportunity and prosperity to the cirtizens of VR and EU.

To fulfill your goal and raise cost to play you could thing on introducing fees on other services too.
So why stop with just TP fee?
Think about how great would be having revival terminal fee, TT fee and repair fee for example.
And there are many other possibilities to sell things to investors and then raise cost to play to gamers.
Every time we add investments we raise cost to play.
We already have EU full of investors and each of them want profit.
MA, PP, LA's owners, transport services, resellers, CLD's owners, AUD's owners .... lets add TP's and terminals and anything that future investors are willing to buy.
We will have EU full of investors, all of them want income or profit but we forgot on one small detail - there will be not enough players to pay all those fees, income, profits, dividends.
It will cost too much before they actually burn few peds on what they initially intended like hunting, mining, crafting.

To fulfill your goal and raise cost to play you could thing on introducing fees on other services too.
So why stop with just TP fee?
Think about how great would be having revival terminal fee, TT fee and repair fee for example.
And there are many other possibilities to sell things to investors and then raise cost to play to gamers.
Every time we add investments we raise cost to play.
We already have EU full of investors and each of them want profit.
MA, PP, LA's owners, transport services, resellers, CLD's owners, AUD's owners .... lets add TP's and terminals and anything that future investors are willing to buy.
We will have EU full of investors, all of them want income or profit but we forgot on one small detail - there will be not enough players to pay all those fees, income, profits, dividends.
It will cost too much before they actually burn few peds on what they initially intended like hunting, mining, crafting.

On top of that, remove the oil rigs and replace the VSE Mk 1 with VSE Mk-2 limited. Also be kind of cool would be if MA would add a new tool that would collect fruit. Remove all free stuff from game. That would be so cool.

Don´t forget to add some crafting mashine fee, make the crafting terminals decay too.
If terminal breaks, you need a RK and WW to repair it to use it again.

Then introduce some crafting maintainance deeds (that surely will be bought by some already rich investor, making them even more money) but we have some new jobs : the crafting terminal repairers, that don´t earn anything but get some cheap skills, same as repairing MS :D

Then introduce some crafting maintainance deeds (that surely will be bought by some already rich investor, making them even more money) but we have some new jobs : the crafting terminal repairers, that don´t earn anything but get some cheap skills, same as repairing MS :D

LOL long ago I had an idea like this for the game. The towns would decay and have to be repaired by noobs who had to go buy tools more or less :)

Ofc if TT will have fee need to offer more consumable things that one can buy.

- empty sweat essence bottles, maybe empty paint cans too.
- daily sweating permission/licence
- driving licence
- flying licence
- licence or permission for use of weapons
- mining licence
- paramedic certificate and permission to use tools and medicinal products
etc

The strong boxes - great idea players who want to can buy them if you don't want to buy them you don't have and Mind Ark gets infusion of money to keep the game going.

Compet Deeds - great idea. Mind Ark is making Compet Game you don't have to play if you don't want to and you can buy deeds for it or not is up to you and again Mind Ark gets infusion of money.

Teleporter fee?? sounds way too lame to me. Mind Ark has come up with 2 great ways to make more money entirely at choice and discretion of players. Giving players choice has been a proven winning strategy. Makes me wonder why Neverdie wants to implement something that can be total disaster when a better way of doing things is proven to work. Neverdie is not representing me if he pursues this. It is my hope he stops with his insistence his teleport fee is good idea and instead listen to the players he purports to represent. Im insulted he would announce such a thing that so significantly impacts on all of us without even consulting us first.

#space_flight connecting space service providers with travellers

Wait a second, here. Who elected Neverdie president of anything?

I dream of a universe where we aren't required to feed ND's ego on a regular basis. Please get on that right away, MA.

If we were to revert this forum to its original name Entropia Forum , then it would be appropriate to engage in dialog here, but i think we should engage in this type of discussion in a planet neutral forum..

It should be a new address with a different regime of moderation, unless the 'government' in this cybervenue changes drastically. Although people complain we have too many different forums already and having a single address to visit with subsections for the planets would be easier to maintain, and they are right of course, you start to appreciate having alternatives the moment you run into red tape. And this happens when you stick your neck out.

It is impossible to have a political debate in a forum where admins permanently contest users in their judgments of what constitutes on-topic, when to open new threads, etc. and overrule them with their own opinions which sometimes are... capricious, to say it mildly. It is impossible to have a political debate in a forum where debate is stifled whenever someone in power so opines, where criticism of said powers is outlawed and punished like in the worst of examples of real-world governments current and bygone. It is impossible to have a political debate in a forum where creative efforts are wiped out on a whim.

To sum it up: It is impossible to have a political debate in a forum where someone actually has the power to do the above mentioned things, because no matter how well-intended, it will always be subjective and result in a top-down rulership. This forum is no democracy, and it doesn't claim to be just to be clear. But discussing democracy under a dictatorship is like discussing christmas with turkeys - in a place where the turkeys reign. It is bound to fail.

I suggested in a note above to look at how Amazon implemented its system of community self-rule in the customer comments section. Any post that attracts too many downvotes will get hidden from plain sight, but it is still there and can be seen by clicking a button. Ratings could be a bit more informative, the Arkadia forum is a good example for this i.m.o. Although the ability to explain your rating in free text like here is also good, they just should be visible with the concerning post or accessible with just one click from there rather than tucked away on the user profile.

Note to whom it may concern: Don't bother quoting me the lese-majesty rule violated by this post yet again. It is preserved including context immediately after publishing and will re-surface in a safe space the moment it is removed or even slightly altered. Apart from the fact that it is already in every subscribers inbox where it's under their control alone.

Don´t forget to add some crafting mashine fee, make the crafting terminals decay too.
If terminal breaks, you need a RK and WW to repair it to use it again.
Don't the personal crafting machines decay? Just keep them in game, and kill off all the rest of them, lol.

I do respect you Neverdie responding in forum and hope Neverdie you are reading these posts.
I own a mothership and 3 Booths on planet Arkadia.
I plan carefully my trips to and from space because I must pay 2 peds to come down to the planet.
So if people like me who have assets earning ped are planning trips so as not to pay 2 ped for too many trips what do you think will happen when people starting out with no ped are confronted by 1 ped for each time they teleport.
I can easily afford the 2 ped fee but I like to manage my peds carefully and economically and play as eco as possible so i can do all the fun things that I like to do. Implementing teleport fee means that much less I spend to hunt as one example. It will also constrain the ability of new players to trade with me - a new player wanting to sell me their sweat can ill afford the 1 ped teleport fee.

#space_flight connecting space service providers with travellers

Back