Question: Graphic Engine update & loot fairness

Phaser

Prowler
Society
TusaLusa
Phaser Phaser Chaos
Since the introduction of CryEngine, Entropia got better in some aspects but others totally neglected.
Will we have a more modern graphics engine but not so demanding that force all players to build new PC's?

Since the introduction of loot 2.0, the disparity between low globals and high Hofs have increased.

Will loot will ever be more fairness for everyone? Or only skilled people get higher loot?

There are no immediate plans to move Entropia Universe to a new game engine, but we do of course keep ourselves informed of the latest developments in the game engine scene.

Since the introduction of CryEngine, Entropia got better in some aspects but others totally neglected.
Will we have a more modern graphics engine but not so demanding that force all players to build new PC's?

Since the introduction of loot 2.0, the disparity between low globals and high Hofs have increased.

Will loot will ever be more fairness for everyone? Or only skilled people get higher loot?

I've had disciples of mine loot argo claws and other FEN items in this past event, some of them loot optac in the past few years, and a few uber items pop up to some people with no more than a modest weapon...

However, this IS a game of skill.

In my opinion, you shouldn't be able to just stroll in and have an equal chance to take all of the nice items for yourself without taking part in the economy here. What we need is about making an economy available for hunters again so it's not all shrapnel returns and such, and making sure both hunting/mining loot are used in crafting.

Once the average hunter can properly pay attention to what is in demand, and go hunting to try to find what drops it and harvest said resource more often, people will leave desperation mode. The shiny items should be on the more risky mobs.

Well, too bad that I did not ask my questions separated, MA did not talk about the loot.

Having noobs looting something rare, well, it is not really rare.

Having a snable drop 1k ped is rare but it happens.

What I cannot accept is people hunting hours and hours, depositing a lot of money and keep losing no matter what gear they try or other mobs.

I can give you a example of a soc m8, that spends around every day around 10 to 20k peds in mining or hunting and I never saw the guy getting something above 20k.

When he gets a uber, something like over 5k or 10k he always says, it is nice, but I am still losing. A guy that spent a lot of money reaching 300HP, lvl90 in his higher profession. He might not (and it is not) the highest skilled player in the game, but he has all the toys to grind mobs that prob most of us need a fapper behind.

I can give you my example also, not too skilled, but a average player. Started to play in 2004, the biggest loot hunting I got was 6k on argo (in the old days), and I mined a lot.
It was not until the introduction of CND (what is FOMA today) that I got my first tower using 103 amps. 14k of cald.
That was over 10 years ago.
I never again got anything above 1k, in mining, crafting or hunting.
You think that is normal? I do not think so. Not when I see all the same names of people with big ped cards getting loots above 20k.
Sure they might even be at loss, but MA gives more importance to someone that deposits regularly and high, then a average guy.

Also, as you said, the economy is total bullshit. There is no economy.
Around in 2005/06, I spent 4 hours hunting in a eco hunting, and I could "come home" with almost all the TT spent in Ammo, but the MU of things where higher so most of the times I profit, now it is almost impossible to do it.

Entropia is becoming a expensive game to be played by rich people. No wonder all the planets are empty. The game became too big (in space) for the current numbers of players.

MA fault! They do not do anything to bring more players into the Universe and we, that spent years here skilling, losing and depositing, keep sustaining this. I guess it is enough for them.

I,m not going even to talk about the "theories" of players getting a palm in the back and getting loot otherwise very hard to get. Because we all know that are people here that have special treatment.

Entropia is not fair and not equal.

Guess it is dynamic.
lol, right.

Back