Graphics in Entropia are impressive

If I had butt sliding and then butt sliding was taken away, I would have left the game forever. How heartbreaking.
1x0 axe and butt sliding nerf was a difficult time. Also note the dropped items in that video. We used to be able to trade each other by dropping an item on the ground and letting the other pick it up. Kind of dangerous if others were around, but in a remote location could be a quick way to exchange things. We'd often give noobs a helping handout this way, sometimes directly like "hey, look down at your feet!" or indirectly by dropping stuff or peds in hiden locations to be found by whomever was lucky enough to find it, or like a treasure hunt. Some people were really creative making ground art with blueprints and ME and other stuff.

I was around when things could still be dropped. I also miss that. I was involved in some treasure hunts and even once found 5 ped in angel scales on the ground outside new oxford. I also remember the bps laying around the crafting machines. The butt sliding looked like a great social activity that would come with lots of laughs. Shame to remove silly, fun features like that. Such narrow vision.

I'll look for that in the action library, but does that mean you'll hear other AVs chatting in the distance, or only who you're chatting with.
I think the chatter starts when you start typing in chat and only you hear it.

Yer, there's 100 pecs to a ped and 10 peds to the US$, I think of it as just another currency.
OK, you aren't there yet. You do notice that PED and PEC have "PE" in them?

I'll look for that in the action library, but does that mean you'll hear other AVs chatting in the distance, or only who you're chatting with.
That's in the options. And you hear it when you or somebody else hit Enter in the chatbox.

Speaking of graphics, before vehicles... we had butt sliding, we miss butt sliding...
LOL, looked like fun! I tried this by pressing R and then the space bar for jumping when running over a hill somewhere in Amethira, and it didn't quite work. I only slid a little bit.

I think the chatter starts when you start typing in chat and only you hear it.
I didn't hear any chatter when I was typing in open chat, maybe I haven't got something selected. I looked through the action lib but couldn't find anything there either.

I didn't hear any chatter when I was typing in open chat, maybe I haven't got something selected. I looked through the action lib but couldn't find anything there either.
It's disabled by default because somehow only the old players appreciate it out of nostalgia. Check the sound settings if you want it on.

Reactions: Mac
OK, you aren't there yet. You do notice that PED and PEC have "PE" in them?

That's in the options. And you hear it when you or somebody else hit Enter in the chatbox.
Yep, I realised PE stands for Project Entropia... Which option in the options do you select? I couldn't find anything that made sense...

It's disabled by default because somehow only the old players appreciate it out of nostalgia. Check the sound settings if you want it on.
OK, thanks, but couldn't find anything in sound settings that enabled chatter.

Yes, the sounds. I miss the sounds :confused:
The nice chatter sound our avatars used to make when we typed a msg.
And the nice ambient music

Settings are your friend ;)

Speaking of graphics, before vehicles... we had butt sliding, we miss butt sliding...

Awww made my day seeing that again! haha wow happy fun times of emergent game play FUMA.

Anyone any idea what armour I had on there incidentally?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Mac
The first option, "Avatar Chat Chatter" (in-game settings, not the ones in the client loader).
Thanks for helping and sry for late reply, only I've had Net connection issues... That's what I thought, as in the in-game settings via 'Esc' key, except I haven't got Avatar Chat Chatter.

Last edited:
Awww made my day seeing that again! haha wow happy fun times of emergent game play FUMA.

Anyone any idea what armour I had on there incidentally?
Not played long enough so not sure, but I checked out some light yellow-ish coloured armour in auction called Goblin or Pixie that looked similar.

Ok, so Pioneer... BTW, I still can't find the Avatar Chat Chatter option in the in-game settings, so bit of a mystery .

My five cents: I think the idea of Entropia- the landscapes, the colours, flora and fauna are beyond impressive and this is what made me fall in love with the game. The idea of this game in general and the details in particular are genius (its implementation is whole different story). As I often said in this forum, I'm here for the view. I dearly miss the old, pre-CryEngine Calypso, I had favorite spots to just climb or sit in and look at the horizon. My 20 year old cousin who looked at the game said "Maaaaan, this looks so old and outdated. Can't they work on the quality?", and I think this is the question - will the new engine make it better, or worse. Should be better, I'm optimistic, and I certainly hope we get to keep the planet as it is today - I found new favorite spots to climb or sit in and look at the horizon:)

BTW, I still can't find the Avatar Chat Chatter option in the in-game settings, so bit of a mystery .
index.php

how far are those times of laugh from the actual new player
that rise a "FO out of my spawn" that i read in a shared loot
area...
now all is focused on TT% return, and no one remember that
we are in a game, and not at work.
respect for people went away with Greed
verbally abusing ppl are in the maps....
i hope that new engine bring a fresh inflow of deluded
blizzard gamers that are used to cooperation and politeness
and yes, panoramas in EU never stop to amaze me

Thanks again. I'm sure I looked there already, but... OK, I found it this time, have no idea why I didn't notice it before LOL.

Last edited:
It's Pioneer, but in the generic vu10+ it's just a "pixie with green tints".
Ah shit. No wonder I stopped with it. I used to wear it all the time back then. FUMA

My five cents: I think the idea of Entropia- the landscapes, the colours, flora and fauna are beyond impressive and this is what made me fall in love with the game. The idea of this game in general and the details in particular are genius (its implementation is whole different story). As I often said in this forum, I'm here for the view. I dearly miss the old, pre-CryEngine Calypso, I had favorite spots to just climb or sit in and look at the horizon. My 20 year old cousin who looked at the game said "Maaaaan, this looks so old and outdated. Can't they work on the quality?", and I think this is the question - will the new engine make it better, or worse. Should be better, I'm optimistic, and I certainly hope we get to keep the planet as it is today - I found new favorite spots to climb or sit in and look at the horizon:)
If the new engine makes the graphics even better, that would be amazing. Mixed in with that track on Radio Xodus would send anyone anywhere. Very nice soundtrack.

If the new engine makes the graphics even better, that would be amazing. Mixed in with that track on Radio Xodus would send anyone anywhere. Very nice soundtrack.
Thank you very much! Much obliged:). And yes, I look forward to the new graphics, to a smoother game experience. I wonder if they put a date of release to it - I haven't seen in the their communique - but I could have missed it.

I miss the sitting and laying position, even with no butt slide, it would be fun if they could re-implement it. It really gave the felling that your avatar was resting while you AFK. After all we still have beds in Entropia Universe but we can't lay on them. Pffff MA!!!

Thanks for the video. Ahhh the nostalgia. :)

Back