Guess at Basic Loot Algorithm Structure

Jhereg

Elite
Society
Rangers
Feng Huan SecretAznMan Zho
A basic guess at the hunting loot engine....with few details :)

*EDIT: I've changed the 95% factor on the fap cost and armor cost to factors alpha1 and alpha2. I don't think we know enough for me to actually put a specific number on it, and it was causing way more confusion than it needed to. Also, they could be functions of looter level. Should be easy to test actually...

A lot of this is just to present where I think the unknowns are for the players in the algorithm, which might already be obvious to some people.

I think experiments could be devised to gather data for each of these functions and determine their impact...I hope to try to organize some if there is interest.

But one thing to note...these functions may not be static...MA may manually or automatically be adjusting the functions depending on, for example, how much decay goes to them each week, etc.

index.php

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, where does the .95 multi for defensive cost come from? Is it based on tests or simply from the devs post (which imo implies that it is in fact not supposed to be .95)

The 0.95 is a guess based on some of the tests that have been done and presented here in PCF. I'm not attached to that specific number, but it is just a number. I'll add that to a note in the initial post.

I really think this is a wasted effort to look smart. (Sry)

Why would your total cost (C-Total) have a multiplyer based on a "Loot scaling function" that includes your looter level?
As far as I know the cost to kill a mob is in no way dependent on your looter level.

Don't think it is as "complex" as that.It is much easier than what it looks like. Had we had all data from MA (not the coding) on in and outs, we would clearly see how the loot flow works. It is based on time mostly. During x-time, the loot gives or takes some % contacntly to all players, no change to that. What reduces ur loss or winning is those factors that have given, looter, skills, tool eco etc. Else it is plain standard.

Each server area got its own up and down timers. How to put that in math, eh thats all forgotten :D

I really think this is a wasted effort to look smart. (Sry)

Why would your total cost (C-Total) have a multiplyer based on a "Loot scaling function" that includes your looter level?
As far as I know the cost to kill a mob is in no way dependent on your looter level.

Yes but your tt return is a function of your looter level and weapon efficiency, therefore you can scale the cost input by that effect. The effect would be to reduce your 'effective' cost if looter level or weapon eff is high...so in this case real cost does not equal the Ctotal, which probably is confusing and I will update the original to make it clearer.

Don't think it is as "complex" as that.It is much easier than what it looks like. Had we had all data from MA (not the coding) on in and outs, we would clearly see how the loot flow works. It is based on time mostly. During x-time, the loot gives or takes some % contacntly to all players, no change to that. What reduces ur loss or winning is those factors that have given, looter, skills, tool eco etc. Else it is plain standard.

Each server area got its own up and down timers. How to put that in math, eh thats all forgotten :D

I think this actually is the simplest form the loot engine can take...each loot event is independent...there's 'loot pool' as we might think of it...no 'waves' in terms of tt return.

Interesting, can you explain a little more about your use of "effective costs" vs using actual costs?
Im not sure I follow the logic there.
Nice work, thanks.
Perhaps you and I should compare notes sometime...

My head hurts

Back