Question: Guide to Pirating?

Diomedes

Young
Hi -

If I wanted to be PC I would have titled this thread "Guide to Space PVP" but... I'm not that PC.

I'm new and I was curious about the mechanics behind pirating... how it works, what the strategies are... if it's profitable... etc.

I know many people on these boards don't agree with the idea of Pirating and I understand why, but I disagree with those who chose to condemn people who do it. It's a part of the game. Deal with it.

I've been in a quad as a passenger a few times and been fired upon while we were on the edge of the PVP border... the shots didn't hit us and basically we just stayed there until the pirate got bored and left.

Seems a little dumb to me. Is that all there is to "tactics" in Space PVP??

I read somewhere else on these boards that all quads fly at the same speed so it's very hard to shoot one down if they just fly in a straight line. True/false??

People talk about logging out when on MS's to protect their stackables... which I understand. But the people who do travel interplanetarily using a sleip seem like sitting ducks to quads. Is interplanetary sleip travel basically unheard of? Or is that the reason I see 3-5 pirates around the space stations almost all the time?

Ammo costs .4ped per shot in space? (in space, no one can hear your wallet scream)

If there are any pirates reading this - what are your returns on pirating? How many of your victims carry loot and how much is your average take?

LMK,
Dio

After introduction of the quads no one in their mind fly in a sleipnir, because life is too short to spend 2 hours in a flight. Also no one in their mind carry any decent (that would cover the cost of killing a quad, 4-5 peds of ammo even if you won't miss) loot outside of motherships. I'm quite sure that all pirates do it not for profit but solely for the sake of griefing.

I dont hug thugs - deal with it

To all wannabe pirates - I have been dealing with pirates since it was started. I have never demanded that MA stop the piracy.

Consider that in most recent interview with a pirate they emphasized that they do not attack and take loot from their friends. So obviously the pirates themselves think it is not a friendly thing to do. So deal with that.

PVP is about people FIGHTING. It is not friendly. Deal with that.

When you sit in a barber chair long enough your hair will be cut. Deal with that.

Back