Guide to using NRF - No Resources Found mining logger

Koister

Alpha
Kakkoii Kakkoii Rose
No Resources Found

For those who don't know, NRF is a great tool for miners made by "Squee". And I'd suggest you try it out.

NRF Website:
http://nrf.irken-invaders.net

NRF runs in the background as you play Entropia. When set up right, all it takes is a simple press of a key, while you have your claim info open. And it automatically takes a snapshot, and extracts the details of your claim. Then it logs all the details in a nicely organized manner.

As you can see here, the claims are nicely organized. And on the right side, it also shows a green dot in every spot that you have found a claim! Ain't that just the coolest?
picture.php

Let's get started!

Download/Install:
1.) Download the newest version of NRF: http://nrf.irken-invaders.net/index.php?page=download
2.) Open the file with "Winrar" or "Winzip"
3.) Extract the files from it, into a folder of your choice. (I placed it in a folder named NRF on my desktop for easy use.)
4.) Double click on "eutool.exe"
5.) NRF is now running!

Settings:
We must setup our NRF settings correctly before being able to use it properly.
picture.php

Options Tab
Window Mode: Check this if you run Entropia in "Windowed Mode"
Notification Beeps: Keep this checked so you know the program is working.
Wave Audio: Keep this checked so you can hear the beeps.
Wave Volume: Set the beeps to as loud as you need.
Screenshot Format: BMP if you want perfect screenshots. PNG if you want near perfect screenshots, much smaller file size.
PNG Compression Level: Higher number= smaller file size & worse quality.
Auto-Load last used Mining-log: Check this of course.
Auto-Load last used Skill-log: Uncheck this. As NRF skill logging doesn't work with the newest Entropia version.
Auto-create empty mining run: Check this.
Auto-create empty snapshots: Check this.
Save Screenshots: This is very handy to have checked. Everytime you log a claim, a Screenshot of that claim is saved in a folder. So you not only have a nice picture of every claim you get, but also proof of your claims!
Catch PrintScreen: Check this. It will save a picture of your window to the screenshots folder everytime you press "PrintScreen" on your keyboard. Good for when you want to save pictures of things that aren't claims, and quickly.

Additional Info Tab
Mining Radius: Put the mining radius of the current tool your using in here.
Mining Tool: Put the name of the mining tool your using in here.
Mining Amp: Put the name of the mining amp your using in here.
VU: Put the current version Entropia is at in here.

Hotkeys Tab
Choose what keys you want to use to log your claims.

Found Deposit: This is the key you press when you have your claim details open, so that NRF can log it.
Bomb/Drill Drop: Logs your Bomb/Drill drop. Press this when the finder window pops up. I personally don't use this tho.
Skills: This option is no longer useful. Skill logging with NRF doesn't work with the current VU.
Parse & Upload: Looks at info for other things. But doesn't seem to actually log anything.

FINISHED!
Your done setting up the NRF settings.

There is still 1 last thing to do tho!
1.) Go to your Entropia Universe directory. Should be "C:\Program Files\MindArk\Entropia Universe"
2.) Right click on "Entropia.exe" and click "Properties"
3.) Click the "Compatibility" tab.
4.) Check "Run this program in Compatibility Mode for:"
5.) Choose "Windows 2000"
6.) Click "Apply" then "OK" and your done.
picture.php

HOW TO USE:

1.) Start up "No Resources Found" by opening the file "eutool.exe"
2.) Log into Entropia Universe.
3.) Go Mining.
4.) When you find a resource. Run to the claim marker.
5.) Open up your inventory and double click the claim sheet to see it's details.
6.) Press "U" and then "P" on your keyboard. Then press the key you set for "Found Deposit"
7.) You should hear a beep, then a few seconds later a slightly different sounding beep. This means your claim was logged successfully.
8.) To make sure your claim was logged, switch to NRF, and see if your claims details are there in the "Mining Log" tab.

(Note: Make sure not to move the claim window after opening it. Or it may fail at logging your claim.)

If it is, then you've done everything right! And can go on logging your claims forever! (Don't forget to save before you close NRF!)

After you have finished doing a run, it's best to click the + button in NRF, to start a new mining run. This way you can keep each of your runs separate from eachother.

picture.php

"I have created a better "Success" beep to use. Since the current one is barely different from the other beeps. Making it very troublesome.
Download this file: http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/5/14/1079307/nrf_success.wav
And place it in your NRF folder. Click "Yes" to overwrite the existing file.
"

ENABLING CND BIODOMES: Download this file> http://www.zshare.net/download/18276628607200d4/
and place it in your NRF folder. Click "YES" to overwrite the existing file.
This will enable all the Biodome maps for you.

Last edited:
+++ rep!!!

Finally i can figure out how to use this way too complicated app!

:yay::yay::yay::yay: +++++++++++++rep :ahh:

Nice Guide and +rep

Just a question: Why do i have to insert the miningtool? I'm just asking, because if i go mining then i use an Orefinder AND a Matterfinder. And so i don't know what to enter in this field^^
And why doas this app need to connect to the internet? Thats the main cause that prevents me from using NRF...

(Don't forget to save before you close NRF!)

I've never had to manually save before closing the program, unless I manually alter something, like deleting or changing finds etc. The program should also ask if you want to save before closing.

Never hurts to be extra careful though :)

Nice Guide and +rep

Just a question: Why do i have to insert the miningtool? I'm just asking, because if i go mining then i use an Orefinder AND a Matterfinder. And so i don't know what to enter in this field^^
And why doas this app need to connect to the internet? Thats the main cause that prevents me from using NRF...

AFAIK the finder is just for info, like the VU and finding radius. You can probably leave it blank with no consequences.

It connects to the internet at startup to check for new versions.

Perhaps a mod could move this thread to the Tutorials section? It wouldn't let me create a thread there =/.

Thanks.

OMG,ty,i was going crazy trying to get it working,and if i make it work later,u will get +rep every time i see u:)

But,why do i have to press P the U and then number 1 when finding a claim?
How do i get nrf recorded?
Can i set the same button with wehich i am droping bombs?

Still many questions here,but hey,im probably not the only 1:)

OMG,ty,i was going crazy trying to get it working,and if i make it work later,u will get +rep every time i see u:)

But,why do i have to press P the U and then number 1 when finding a claim?
How do i get nrf recorded?
Can i set the same button with wehich i am droping bombs?

Still many questions here,but hey,im probably not the only 1:)

P makes your position show in the chat window. So that NRF can see Z value of where your at, not just the X,Y coordinates that the claim window shows.

U makes the time show so that NRF know exactly what time it is. Although you don't have to do this.

You press the "found deposit" key after you have found a claim.. As the instruction say, you run to the claim you found, open up the details of your claim and press the "found deposit" key that you set.

P makes your position show in the chat window. So that NRF can see Z value of where your at, not just the X,Y coordinates that the claim window shows.

U makes the time show so that NRF know exactly what time it is. Although you don't have to do this.

You press the "found deposit" key after you have found a claim.. As the instruction say, you run to the claim you found, open up the details of your claim and press the "found deposit" key that you set.

TY,+ rep!!!!

Nice Guide and +rep

You could use 2 seperate NRF instances (copy the folder), one for ore and one for enmatter.
Choose different hotkeys for ore and enmatter and run them both at the same time (or wait until I finished my mininglogger that also OCRs the tool you use)

It wants to connect to the internet to check for updates.

It doesnt work,i have made all settings,it uploads the images,everythings ok,but i get all data -0:(

It doesnt work,i have made all settings,it uploads the images,everythings ok,but i get all data -0:(

Like... It shows it recorded the claim, but it's 0?

Are you playing in Windowed mode, or in Full Screen mode? And did you set Entropia to Windows 2000 Compatibility?

You really gotta follow all the instructions closely.

OK, i made it work, with the "run in windows 200" something,but now i have funny letters and much,much more lag.

Ok,if i step over it,could u tell me how to zoom into the map and look into the finds i have collected?

OK, i made it work, with the "run in windows 200" something,but now i have funny letters and much,much more lag.

Ok,if i step over it,could u tell me how to zoom into the map and look into the finds i have collected?

Play with the buttons above the map :). The + and - magnifying glasses allow you to zoom in an out.

And double click on a part of the map that you want to bring to the center.

The button with the arrows shaped like a Z, will make lines for each run you recorded. And the one on the right of that button will display info on each green dot.

Great tool! But i do block all attempts for it to connect to the Internet at my firewall. Can never be too careful.

...and I would hate for my comprehensive list of 10 tiny finds to be exposed! :D

Great tool! But i do block all attempts for it to connect to the Internet at my firewall. Can never be too careful.

...and I would hate for my comprehensive list of 10 tiny finds to be exposed! :D

All it's doing is checking a specific address to see if there is a new version of the client to download. No need to worry :)

Don't think you mentioned this feature--you can change the color of the green dot claim markers. I think you do it (it's been a while) by clicking on one of the two buttons to the right of the gear button on the screen with the map, then play around with the color boxes that appear.

Sounds like a really helpful program. Can't wait to try it next time I mine.
+rep

Was looking for something like this.. I was about to make my own manual log book but this helps.. thanks for explaining it to me :)

I admit I haven't tried real hard but it's not working completely for me. Everything works except it doesn't log the claim. I think it's not doing the OCR work right as I can even find the picture it takes but it doesn't record anything.

I have set to Windows 2000.

Any ideas or should I just play around a little more?

I admit I haven't tried real hard but it's not working completely for me. Everything works except it doesn't log the claim. I think it's not doing the OCR work right as I can even find the picture it takes but it doesn't record anything.

I have set to Windows 2000.

Any ideas or should I just play around a little more?

Well you have to make sure not to move the claim window after you open it, or else it won't be able to log it most of the time.

But other than that I don't know... Maybe something to do with other graphics settings you have set that make the letters not sharp enough for the program to read properly.

Well you have to make sure not to move the claim window after you open it, or else it won't be able to log it most of the time.

But other than that I don't know... Maybe something to do with other graphics settings you have set that make the letters not sharp enough for the program to read properly.

Well, I haven't moved it but I'll look into that. I did pay around with the "test font" tab a little and it didn't recognize it until I "moved" it some but even when it did, it didn't log the claim. Not only that but didn't catch the next either. :scratch2:

Looks like a great tool.

I know for a fact that 3 years ago, this would have been a money maker. I actually had a manual system going back then..where I recorded not only every find, but also my bombing patterns....and could load it into a map.

But I am wondering (and you should know) how beneficial this application is since mining (seems ) to have been changed into a more random occurrence. (maybe it was before too, but the vein tracking idea really did seem to get results).

Are you guys finding any data that would suggest that such a tool can help you to know how to bomb for increased chances of finds?

What other (if any) useful data/trends has it uncovered for you?

Awesome program...great work! But how useful is it given the game as we know it? And, if it is too useful... would you not expect MA to change the system in such a way to make it less so?

Or is it not so much about improving returns, as simply tracking certain types of ores, or some other information?

thx.

Looks like a great tool.

I know for a fact that 3 years ago, this would have been a money maker. I actually had a manual system going back then..where I recorded not only every find, but also my bombing patterns....and could load it into a map.

But I am wondering (and you should know) how beneficial this application is since mining (seems ) to have been changed into a more random occurrence. (maybe it was before too, but the vein tracking idea really did seem to get results).

Are you guys finding any data that would suggest that such a tool can help you to know how to bomb for increased chances of finds?

What other (if any) useful data/trends has it uncovered for you?

Awesome program...great work! But how useful is it given the game as we know it? And, if it is too useful... would you not expect MA to change the system in such a way to make it less so?

Or is it not so much about improving returns, as simply tracking certain types of ores, or some other information?

thx.

Well one thing it does is help provide more detailed info of where certain materials can be found. That is something which isn't dynamic.

Like for instance, If I'm at xxx64,xxx98 I can find Garcen Grease.. But If I move to xxx64,xx87 I won't have any chance of finding any.

It helps provide those lines of what parts of land provide what types of material.

But will it help you find HOF's and Globals? Most likely not. As you said, it's Dynamic. Globals and Hof's are randomly placed.

But at least it helps give an idea of what areas seem to be adundant with what materials, helping people make a profit.

Or to put it more accurately... it will show the areas where nothing has ever been reported to have been found.

Which is useful....though not a certainty. It may indicated 'bald' areas which might exist...and will only be a wasted bomb.

However, there are theories about the mining pattern actually moving in relation to the geographic location... might complicate things....if true.. it is only a theory.

I use it and love it. It doesn't help you find more claims. What it does is help you keep track of what ores are found where. That way you can more easily pick a "profitable" place to mine given the current market situation.

[EDIT - I'm to slow, Kloister not only beat me to it, he did it with more detail as well :) ]

Excellent.

The kind of data that we old school miners used to keep in our head.... and secret from others ;)

Not that we enjoyed being greedy...but it was sort of fun having, trying to hide, and trying to discover from others that information... was a little like a spy game back then.

Of course...when someone finds gold in a safe spot... how likely are they to report that? ;)

Quick question about NRF,

Running Win Vista Ultimate.

Any known issues ?

Do you really need to set Entropia.EXE to run in Win2000 compatibility mode ?

Sparkz

Excellent.

The kind of data that we old school miners used to keep in our head.... and secret from others ;)

Not that we enjoyed being greedy...but it was sort of fun having, trying to hide, and trying to discover from others that information... was a little like a spy game back then.

Of course...when someone finds gold in a safe spot... how likely are they to report that? ;)

You know, this is the only reason why I was trying to get this to work, so I had a reference of where different ores were. Especially in the newer areas of Amethera.

But I've been gone a year and now wonder if things have changed. I know Seamaster left a HUGE amount of data about mining spots when he left. Has anyone made public a ore spawn map?

Back