News: Halloween Mayhem 2013!

Here's an idea on maybe including miners in a pumpkin event...We could mine up pumpkin seeds...non tradeable ofc...then grow them in some growth chamber machine... maybe they grow in to pumpkins or maybe not, then when we get the pumpkin we can turn it in for prizes as well as hunters who loot pumpkins...This is a way without hunting and still a dynamic way because the seeds may or may not grow into pumpkins..They could be an OOTO

While it's true that the top hunters have an advantage they're by no means guaranteed to win. The luck factor involved in looting the big pumpkins makes it possible for a lesser hunter to be propelled into a prize position.

Even if you "know" you can't win the event there are still many lootable reasons to participate.

Lottery ...

What happens if we get logged out.....:popcorn:

wow, this looks frickun ace... and along with MA letting us know about the next patch being slightly delayed ie. talking to us it really does seem like the message is getting through and things might have turned a corner. Great news indeed.

Kudos MA, you are turning things around.

wow, this looks frickun ace... and along with MA letting us know about the next patch being slightly delayed ie. talking to us it really does seem like the message is getting through and things might have turned a corner. Great news indeed.

Kudos MA, you are turning things around.

Or is it just a miserably failed moose/elk test?

ill give it ago to see what the loots are like but if i its too laggy or too many dc's i will quit pretty fast

Last edited:
will the pumpkinks be looted in "waves" like in feffox event so people with multiple avatar or "friends" still gain an unfair advantager in entering and exiting instance each time friends notice a wave start?

will the pumpkinks be looted in "waves" like in feffox event so people with multiple avatar or "friends" still gain an unfair advantager in entering and exiting instance each time friends notice a wave start?

Of course! It's the MA way...

During Feffox mayhem I looted 3x the sacs in the last hour than I did the whole time up to it :laugh: Until that hour, I had only looted sickly and damaged once, but last day I got whole range up to Fully Developed one. (The ones from the last hour I still have atm.) I see it in a positive way; I knew I didn't have a chance to will the entire race but now I at least have a scary decoration.

Anyone got some idea what I should do with lesser sacs (from that event) and Mayhem Team Keys? Hold on to them or dispose of them? The NPC at Boreas doesn't talk to me anymore for handing in sacs, so I don't have any opportunity to do a good Thing for science.

Even if you "know" you can't win the event there are still many lootable reasons to participate.

The 1 PED weapons are fun, they doesn't burden the returns you need for more ammo. (At the end of christmas mayhem I got an event gun that was 32 PEC though lol, I didn't expect that).

The christmas mayhem was fun, it was an opportunity for me to use low:ish dmg/sec weapon (like plasma rifle and mindforce chips) for spiders (even if they weren't real spiders). (Feffox event was kind of a bummer with low returns, until the last Days when I got myself a higher DPS weapon, it's when the loots came.)

Last edited:
half tempted to take an opalo, 1 k ped of ammo and grind the lowest level mobs for 40 hours. Would that allow me a chance to win? :)

Yeah we seen some nice items come from Feffox. And hey.... 9 mth old players can loot 330k ATH's so why couldn't a 9 mth old player loot the 8+ 1k point pumpkins it would take to compete with Skalman's score last feffox event?

Menace

lol, you whined and moaned about "9 month old player getting a 330k ath" day in and day out, then you got banned and got back and immediately started moaning about "9 month old player getting a 330k ath" day in and day out... you really are obsessed... has it even been ONE day (when you weren't banned) that you didn't post about that ath? seriously.... trust me when I say this, and im pretty sure this goes for 99% of the people reading this....

we.... get.... it.......

trust me :D

as for the event this looks a whole lot like just another "lets make a lot of money from this event, then end it by giving away the cool expensive stuff to the same players we have ALWAYS given out the cool expensive stuff to in similar events" ... bleh... there could be so many ways they could have made this event fair... but it looks like just another "lets make the rich richer" event

I loved the feffox mayhem event, almost anyone had a chance there, but then again that was because the usual mayhem winners didn't catch on until it was too late... but even I was slow to catch on on that event and still ended up on 11th place with low dps. im sure many ubers got upset that they weren't fed with riches like they were used to on these events... poor rich guys ^^

but the mobs and instances look REALLY interesting though :) I don't know if I will participate for the prices, but I sure will check out those scary mobs :D I just hope their loot is better than the feffoxes were (seriously, 40 hours of hunting and I didn't get ANYTHING worth mentioning... 100% tt-food.. that sucked)

and i guess i will never get an answer here T_T

It's funny, people don't like events that you can win by luck, they don't like events where you can win by gear, and they don't like events where you can win by strategy. What's left?

It's funny, people don't like events that you can win by luck, they don't like events where you can win by gear, and they don't like events where you can win by strategy. What's left?

It's the fish in a barrel approach to most events. The mobs need to be rarer and spawn much further apart so that players really have to hunt for the mob meaning less reliance on dps or luck but the instance system doesn't allow for that as it would need a server wide spawn.

It's the fish in a barrel approach to most events. The mobs need to be rarer and spawn much further apart so that players really have hunt for the mob meaning less reliance on dps or luck but the instance system doesn't allow for that as it would need a server wide spawn.

Heh i can tell you what that system is called: kill stealing.

I wish ma could turn the clock back to 2006 and try now but this time the right way, I remember at that time we only had problems with scammers in that time MA could have been solved simply because we all know that a withdrawal takes 2 months and during this time could MA corrected the fault and show that it is not worth to scamm this had given them a good reputation in the game instead they chose to shut down an entire country of the game, MA faild.

Clientele grew constantly until 2006 and MA:s incomes also, but then chose MA to just solve all their problems with nerfs so we got all kinds of imaginary loot like dynamic,balanced,fail,improved,modified and so on and what happend players betrayal and incomes became less for MA, MA faild.

Have you on MA never taught you that you have to keep up with the time but never break a good pattern.

If you had only accelerat this pattern you had in the years 2003-2006 where do you think you would have been today, I think about 25k-35k active players with great economy in MA.

I wonder who was the loser to advisors then.

:twocents:

P.S. Where did that guy Went he who said he would try to double the number of players. :)

Last edited:
When are the winners announced?
Since Ctds has been a major issue in last times theres any backup rule for those who will be unable to participate in max time?

I don't understand why MA has such difficulty figuring a way to give everyone a chance at winning; It seems easy enough to me to just use the existing system to determine the "winners". First of all - all items in the game have a unique identifier - then for each item assigned to you - you get a certain number of entries into a "lottery". This would make it fair in the fact that anyone could win but yours odds of winning are increased by the number of entries in the draw. So you hunt more you get better chances of winning but on the flip side anyone that hunts at all at least has a chance to win. In order to control multiple wins from the same player, once you have won a prize from the draw all the rest of your entries are cancelled; therefore you can't win more then one prize in the event.

I don't understand why MA has such difficulty figuring a way to give everyone a chance at winning; It seems easy enough to me to just use the existing system to determine the "winners". First of all - all items in the game have a unique identifier - then for each item assigned to you - you get a certain number of entries into a "lottery".

There will Always be a problem to give everyone the same chance of winning.

First, given nothing at all, the ones with better gear and higher skills, will of course have the top hand.

If you divide into classes depending on a certain skill or attribute, the ones at the top of the class and with better gear (for instance tier 7 foeripper, mod fap and shadow armor - either own or borrowed from a family member) will have the upper hand of the people that are on the lower side in the class and having lesser gear (let's say p5(L), UR-125(L) and gremlin). Or even if just there is a difference of weapon options for those in upper and lower half.

If you do it totally random, given no time constraint, it will give those an upper hand who can take time off (from work, school etc) during the period.

And with a too small time constraint, you will give those an advantage who have a gazillion of alts.

So as the players comes with different backgrounds (skill level, gear, available time etc) it's hard to set up rules that are fair to everyone.

One thing thought what didn't work out well last year was how looting of the mission items worked, and that the "tokens" are looted more evenly, so those who "team up" with someone and enter a cave when a friend just hands in his pumpkins won't get those pumpkins in 5 minutes.

And as for fair play; teams can be allowed but only with rules that are hard to cheat with, let's say you are only allowed to enter caves with by damage rule and with 0% fapper option; and that in the end check so that none (at least of winners) have handed in more pumpkin(-point)s than they have actually looted themselves.

So if I decide to take part of this event I can do maximum 40 hourst total in the instances, but i can still play the game as usual outside any instance when I reach that 40 hours, right?

So if I decide to take part of this event I can do maximum 40 hourst total in the instances, but i can still play the game as usual outside any instance when I reach that 40 hours, right?

yes, I believe 40hours max IN the instance

U can play as many hours as u want inside or outside of the instances, if u do more than 40 hours in instance u will be disqualified from the event but u can play as much as u want outside of instance

And btw over 40 hours is like over 4 hours per day 10 days one after another.
It's actually harder to get that many play hours than top go over the limit.

1hr breakfast hunt + 1hr lunch hunt only leaves 2hrs in the evening....

One thing thought what didn't work out well last year was how looting of the mission items worked, and that the "tokens" are looted more evenly, so those who "team up" with someone and enter a cave when a friend just hands in his pumpkins won't get those pumpkins in 5 minutes.

And as for fair play; teams can be allowed but only with rules that are hard to cheat with, let's say you are only allowed to enter caves with by damage rule and with 0% fapper option; and that in the end check so that none (at least of winners) have handed in more pumpkin(-point)s than they have actually looted themselves.

The pumpkins won't be tradable. :)

Then again, some of us can log more than 40 hours in three days. :whistle:

Back