Halloween Mayhem 2014

It's the way it's always been, and probably always will be. The rich get richer, trickle down economics, etc etc etc. It sucks, but this game has never been about "fair".

They call the best gear , the best gear.

And thats cause its the best gear, meaning you have a chance of winning stuff using it.

I dont see a problem with that :)

Absolutely. This is not a all levels can compete event, so... you all might have as well not take part.

If you don't have the Terminator or cannot borrow it, forget about the top prizes. You might as well forget about it all, also ... stop reading this post now!

If you do have the Terminator or can borrow it ... do you really think they have not learned their lesson and disabled top tier pumpkin drops for high dps users? Not a chance! You might want to just go and sulk in a corner and wait for the next Mayhem!

What, me try to stack the event in my favor? Never!

As I wrote in a later post...

They could have just added some small prizes that was up for grabs for smaller players as well. Obviously, the best players should compete for the best prizes, but just like with real life sporting events, there are different tiers with different prizes.

It's the way it's always been, and probably always will be. The rich get richer, trickle down economics, etc etc etc. It sucks, but this game has never been about "fair".

Fair? even life isn't fair !!
Would you prefer the other way around? Nooblets to win prizes and CASH OUT ruin the game?
KEEP DEPO and earn it dude.You want to end like these guys winning?? work hard and depo.

You can´t !!!

Speak, 5k great pumpkin drops in Instance 5, forget about lower levels!

I took that to mean that the percentage of great pumpkin drops were much lower in lower level instances, not impossible.

Besides, there won't be that many dropping. The most common pumpkins will be dropping at the same rate throughout the instances, I'd imagine.

During the original Feffox event, I couldn't loot any high-point eggs (or whatever they were) even in the high level instances. I was getting beat by people in lower instances. It all comes down to luck :laugh:

Can't wait for the 30 no looters in a row threads when it starts like last year.

i think they should put some lower value prices at place 25,50,100 150 etc...so with some luck anyone could win something cool..

as i think of it they did sth like this in past or?

Can't wait for the 30 no looters in a row threads when it starts like last year.

:)
Someone has to fill the lootpool first :D

Better start at day 2

They could have just added some small prizes that was up for grabs for smaller players as well. Obviously, the best players should compete for the best prizes, but just like with real life sporting events, there are different tiers with different prizes.

But they did:

Bonus Prizes
In addition, all qualifying event participants reaching one of the following point thresholds will receive bonus prizes:

5000 Points - 5 x Halloween Candy Boxes + 50 PED Universal Ammo
10000 Points - 10 x Halloween Candy Boxes + 200 PED Universal Ammo
15000 Points - 15 x Halloween Candy Boxes + 500 PED Universal Ammo
20000 Points - 20 x Halloween Candy Boxes + 1000 PED Universal Ammo

You can´t !!!

Low level instances had a few high numerical value parts drop last year. It IS possible to do well, LvL 1 had a 5k drop last year....

My concern will still be the unresolved issues, and mishandling of problems during the event. MA seems not to care about Audits, or changing scores, or even checking up to see what happened:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...t-MM-2013-and-not-be-in-the-result-list/page9

Don't forget about this.....

I do hope things will change, but I think MA needs to prove they CAN handle the issues as they arise. We never get to talk to Caly rep's in game, and the Support system is a joke. Granted.... its Caly, not Arkadia, so good customer support is not expected.

Lets hope for a good game, and many big Hof's, Good luck to all Involved

Noone notices the 4th prize?!?!? That shouldnt even be there. That should be like 13th prize

IMO: Five capped levels depending on skill level and five groups of prizes would have been better. Now, let the flaming begin...

Anyways, hopefully there is a lot of fun loot. People seem to have liked last years event a lot. I'll save the whining for after the event ;)

Didn't bother to read all the back and forth of the postings but the above person says the magic word.

It is really that simple to keep everybody happy (except the greedy I guess).

Bump this to PP Caly .. Read and Learn.

I won't participate because resistance is futile.

I have refrained on commenting on any of your posts until now!! listen sunshine. its this simple......... (i dont use 20000 words where 20 will do!)

You cant win an F1 race in a Ford Cortina against a ferrari! THIS IS A REAL CASH ENONOMY GAME!

I am so bored with reading this generic respsonse! put the time, effort, ped, whatever into this game to get some payback! Even then its not guaranteed! but ffs give your current trolling a rest or put your main/original ava in this trollfest thread!

ps just to quantify, I aint fanboiing here! im not happy about the current state of loot either!

I have refrained on commenting on any of your posts until now!! listen sunshine. its this simple......... (i dont use 20000 words where 20 will do!)

You cant win an F1 race in a Ford Cortina against a ferrari! THIS IS A REAL CASH ENONOMY GAME!

I am so bored with reading this generic respsonse! put the time, effort, ped, whatever into this game to get some payback! Even then its not guaranteed! but ffs give your current trolling a rest or put your main/original ava in this trollfest thread!

ps just to quantify, I aint fanboiing here! im not happy about the current state of loot either!

Oh my fucking god... Did you even read the post you just replied to?

Here, I'll help you out:

You cant win an F1 race in a Ford Cortina against a ferrari! -------------------->>>>>>> but just like with real life sporting events, there are different tiers with different prizes.

Edit:

I'm not saying that noobies are supposed to fight each other and walk away with a modfap. I am saying that they could have added smaller prizes for smaller players to fight for. Just like in REAL CASH ECONOMIES...

Last edited:
Hmm. Any time money is involved...

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Noone notices the 4th prize?!?!? That shouldnt even be there. That should be like 13th prize

second place is pretty crap too,it isnt that much more eco then an regular melee amp VI

whataboutme crowd again..

Look at the prizes for the event. This is with the whole PE population cycling for them.

IF they made a nooby event, what would you be happy with for prizes? Cos considering the scaling, you would be looking at a gun worth 10ped for 1st prize. Then people would whine that the prize isn't enough.

Have fun, click, look 2x 5k's and win an adj hedoc or something.

any idea what day the instances will be opened?

[Notes
The Essence of Evil items required to spawn Count Vamp of Boorum bosses are now restricted to the instance level from which they are looted as follows:
  • Chipped Essence of Evil - Level 1 Instance
  • Flawed Essence of Evil - Level 2 Instance
  • Average Essence of Evil - Level 3 Instance
  • Flawless Essence of Evil - Level 4 Instance
  • Perfect Essence of Evil - Level 5 Instance

and is this a hint at the higher level of essences's being more likely at giving a cloak?

whataboutme crowd again..

Look at the prizes for the event. This is with the whole PE population cycling for them.

IF they made a nooby event, what would you be happy with for prizes? Cos considering the scaling, you would be looking at a gun worth 10ped for 1st prize. Then people would whine that the prize isn't enough.

Have fun, click, look 2x 5k's and win an adj hedoc or something.

Some old player went out killed a Feffoid (how much is that, to kill a feffoid), looted a ModFAP (160 PED) and made a fortune, because someone was willing to pay 250k PED for it.

So why not a ModHedoc in Cat1 ????

It is very simple;

Goal: Vampiric Cloak Of Lifesteal

Everyone wants it, carrot is hung and every EU hunter wants it! CLD returns will be high.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 17:00 - its in the notes.

that is when the event starts not when the instances come into the world, merry mayhem gets the instances a few days early, same as last halloween mayhem and the spring feffox mayhem the servers came early, why not this one too? im not interested in competing for any prizes id just like to get into the servers for an early fun start

I love this event. I never play to win, I just play to have fun, challenge myself and see the new loots. Last year I hunted in Lvl 3 and looted a pair of Shadow Gloves (F) off a mutated warrior. I never would have thought I could loot a rare item like that in Lvl 3. So, I guess what I'm saying is you never know.

Oh my fucking god... Did you even read the post you just replied to?

Here, I'll help you out:

You cant win an F1 race in a Ford Cortina against a ferrari! -------------------->>>>>>> but just like with real life sporting events, there are different tiers with different prizes.

Edit:

I'm not saying that noobies are supposed to fight each other and walk away with a modfap. I am saying that they could have added smaller prizes for smaller players to fight for. Just like in REAL CASH ECONOMIES...
Changed my mind on commenting!! Dumb and self importance is forever. But sufficed to say there are a lot of much lower level players have beaten me in these events!

Last edited:
So what if he thinks there should be tiers for new players in Halloween Mayhem?

glad to see it back this year :)

did pretty well and had some fun doing it last year till everyone figured out you could trap the mobs with the fence. i lost all interest after that. hopefully this will be done a bit better :p

I love this event. I never play to win, I just play to have fun, challenge myself and see the new loots. Last year I hunted in Lvl 3 and looted a pair of Shadow Gloves (F) off a mutated warrior. I never would have thought I could loot a rare item like that in Lvl 3. So, I guess what I'm saying is you never know.
This 100%!! I may even try a couple to have some fun! :yay:
That is of course if can get away from the reno's! :yup:

I'm not intend to spend all 40 hours in this (don't have so much time to spend nor money),
but I'm happy to see it this year again.
Hope to have something rare but that's not my goal in this event
Fun - fun -fun that's my goal
Good luck every1!

Trick or treet? :laugh:

So what if he thinks there should be tiers for new players in Halloween Mayhem?

Apparently I am not entitled to an opinion on the matter since I have not deposited hundred thousands of dollars.

Get ready for Planet Calypso's most terrifying hunting event!

Happy hunting and Happy Halloween!
The Planet Calypso Dev Team

And for u miners and crafters out there, how about this:

Give up ur dumb professions and join the army where you can shoot stuff, it´s effin party time!!!!!

And for the future(and past), there wont be events for misfit-professions, live with it u ugly rejects.
:lolup::lolup::tongue2:

Full details available on the Halloween Mayhem Event Page

Just the usual for us. :laugh:

Hmm might give this a go this year no chance winning any prizes though useing mindforce but il give it a go :)

Back