Halloween Mayhem 2014

14 hours on all 5 levels and not 1 single candy!
Biggest pumpkin was a 100 point and average 150 per hour.

Im not competing for a prize, but i was expecting at least some candy in the loot!

Money pit. IT would be a nice to think there was a chance of some decent UL gear, or maybe some new items...but it's not likely given the story so far overall. Not a very sensible use of peds really is it? :laugh:

Down to personal choice, if you want to be #1 then you might consider it worth while at any cost :yay: Screw efficiency you go in guns blazing and blast the crap out of anything that moves which is what I thought Mayhem was about :D

Any luck?

Up to five pumpkins today, three yesterday, not a single (L) item or anything out of the ordinary. Grinding the mobs as well. Level 1 and 2.

Any essence to be seen?

Has anyone gotten an essence yet?

Ran 20 hours in LVL3 and LVL4 about same amount of time in each, killed The Big Pumpkin 39 times and have gotten nothing but disappointing loot from The Big Pumpkin :(

I have not gotten any items from all my runs except 6 Halloween Candy Boxes.

Has anyone gotten an essence yet?

Ran 20 hours in LVL3 and LVL4 about same amount of time in each, killed The Big Pumpkin 39 times and have gotten nothing but disappointing loot from The Big Pumpkin :(

I have not gotten any items from all my runs except 6 Halloween Candy Boxes.

entropia_2014-11-03_sfg.jpg

hey, did you do a selling thread John ?...
or you lost a lot due to some bugs?

some more supremacy parts for helena...

Anyone else been in a instance for 30+ mins and states 4hrs+?

I don't plan on doing 40 hours but if I did this would bother me.

Is this how MA calculate the time?

Last edited:
To Mods : Both sides agreed to post this chat, so i'm breaking no "rules", right.

---

Only thing I can't figure out is why is it starting at 17:00 hrs?

17.00 is when people at MA wish themselves a good deserved week-end, and lock the door.

17.00 is when the players will start to yell for bugs, and realise nothing will be fixed until next monday :)
at least...

Our chat is saying it all...

entropia_2014-11-03_essence_bugged.jpg

Come back next year to spawn mr uber boorum...

Several folks already wised up and moved on to other things. :)

It is a shame that it is the way it is right now.. it shines light on MA's broken loot drop system. (loot item waves, etc)

Last edited:
Was on Zombie mutant the whole time with no global, and knew I didn't have enough time for a mutant at the end, so I pulled one Dog. That was close...a couple more evades, and my run would have been majorly different.

Considering no Essence has dropped MA will come up with some extended hours.

Yes where are the essense at?

Hopefully the essence drops, or lack thereof can be fixed quickly once they're back in the office. It would seem like a server side problem to me, assuming the client could work with the new items since the last patch. If it is just a server side change, it should be something they can do with just a server restart.

I noticed that the box said "average essence of evil" (level 3 instance), so I assume you can't use EoE from last year either, in case you have some. Maybe the procedure of adding the different types of EoE hasn't been done yet to the different bosses, or someting like that.

Lvl 3: 9 Hours, 9 pumpkins, no L items, no essence, 2 candyboxes.. 3 measly globals.. 471 points.

Last edited:
To be fair, people almost right away complained about all the loot being in early, the ubers also in early and sweeping it all up? Hundreds of avas stood at Nymph watching jealously as those ubers looted nice stuff again and again complaining. How people got in early like that when most couldn't..that's something that went down like a jelly submarine. The adding of random essence over the 10 days would make it anyone's game...more a matter of timing than skill.

Sucks if one of the best items in there was never in to be looted yet though, that would mean no chance at all for the less well funded guys who can only manage a few hours being robbed in the instance....it's not cheap for the average player is it?

It's obviously the tactic to get all the hours in early for some people, maybe to nab as much a possible and drain the loot pool of decent items and essence? Almost 40 hours already? Can't care about winning as much as looting a seriously cool item, surely can't do both I think. A rule change at this stage would seriously fuck the majority up I think? 40 hours in their is a lot to afford for the majority, adding time just puts them at a disadvantage of an unfair playing field..some have the peds and a strategy that failed...but more time added would make that a bonus and not an error and those extra hours not available to most people who couldn't fund it or get the free time if they are working.

Edit: never mind, not funny

Last edited:
Essence is dropping ! (just 4 days too late)
and they all dropped in same time, at few seconds close...

But I saw now bug fix, so this was intended from the start of the event ?
Would be nothing new...

entropia_2014-11-03_16-11-36-03.jpg

Btw, think to scan each vampire stats for the bestiary, and upload in the gallery, ty.

Ridiculous that all 4 dropped withing 3 minutes.... Another perfect example of a fucked up loot system.

Essence is dropping ! (just 4 days too late)
and they all dropped in same time, at few seconds close...

But I saw now bug fix, so this was intended from the start of the event ?
Would be nothing new...

entropia_2014-11-03_16-11-36-03.jpg

Btw, think to scan each vampire stats for the bestiary, and upload in the gallery, ty.

To be fair, I get that they don't work weekends... I wouldn't want to and I imagine the office is pretty small anyway. Problem I have is, it's obvious that loots are based on a "factor" value where there are, lets say, X amount of shadow feet in circulation. They then put a mob which drops shadow feet, is hunted at say 50 mobs per second overall, and put the factor to N+5. Instantly, 5 feet drop in 1 minute even if the droprate is 0.0001%.

This works fine in the old PE system where mobs were hunted at 1000th of the rate of current and they still needed, for example, eon helmets to drop from neconu, but it's now an unviable item introduction method.

It was first broken when Hogglo were first introduced, when the 2 intended imk3's dropped from the first 2 hoggs killed. Incidentally, this was also good proof that MA didn't understand their own loot system - as the servers were taken down instantly - nerves that 100 imk3's would be looted. The factor was 2, and 2 dropped. They could have left the servers on and it would have been no problem.

I just don't understand why they don't but a % chance factor on all items rather than a factor value, and manually adjust the % chances... It's more work, but it makes it more fluid. That way, from the outset they can introduce eoe's at say, 1 drop per 10,000 zombies, rather than sometime next week at about 2pm in the afternoon, 50 eoe's drop, 10 in each level, and we never see them again.

The second issue with the factor droprate is, if MA don't increase the factor you will never get an item, no matter how many mobs you kill. E.G. I've done the 10k mission on allo/esto, and not received a single unL item - because all the items allo/esto drop have hit their limit in the system. This really reduces the incentive to kill anything but the "flavour of the month" mob in the correct time of day.

Completely agree with you there. MA's loot system needs a major overhaul, and as you say there is NO incentive what so ever to hunt anything really as all items more or less are already looted. They could still have a max cap on certain items i guess but they should not all drop in one go as they always do.

Well we know that the loot manager is back now don't we? Thing now is...will it carry on in batches or over the whole event gradually? Also, will other loot become more interesting?

Maybe he/she reads this? If so, WTF is the point of lvl 2 loot including items that are (L) and can't be used by anyone under lvl 85 and can't be sold in auction either because no-one else much can and those who can don't want them? Try a few items at a decent level that can be used by whoever loots them or at least have a half decent market of people who can?

Good luck everyone who's persevering with it. Hope it pays off for you. :)

Ridiculous that all 4 dropped withing 3 minutes.... Another perfect example of a fucked up loot system.

i think lootlist was bugged, they fixed it somehow and then it started dropping...and as lots of ppl grinding the instance atm it was in short timeframe...nothing special i think

Well, considering the volume.. it would be expected these would drop. My problem with all this is that if everything drops within the first few minutes (essences excluded), everyone in the us is shafted because items seem to drop when we are all at work. It is like clockwork. People have to take off work to even have a small shot at UL items. It is the patch day rush phenomenon. .. which is just shitty algorithms.

Like with migration, all those jag helmets and electric chips dropping in the first 30 minutes. That is just terrible.

Yup just another Fuck job by MA. Nothing new... I'll come home in 7 hours and not be able to loot shit like always....

Was on Zombie mutant the whole time with no global, and knew I didn't have enough time for a mutant at the end, so I pulled one Dog. That was close...a couple more evades, and my run would have been majorly different.

Hey look, I'm in that screenshot!! :D

Congrats on the global :)

Dracula

So when you have the essence---

How do you spawn the boss?
Looked everywhere and can't figure out how?

So when you the essence---

How do you spawn the boss?
Looked everywhere and can't figure out how?

When you enter the instance, follow the fenceline to the right. About at the point between the lower and higher maturity mutant spawns, there's an opening in the fence. Follow the trail, and it will take you to the house/castle/whatever where you can spawn the vamp. There is a box of some sort (iirc from last year) where you select operate, and insert the essence into the window that opens.

When you enter the instance, follow the fenceline to the right. About at the point between the lower and higher maturity mutant spawns, there's an opening in the fence. Follow the trail, and it will take you to the house/castle/whatever where you can spawn the vamp. There is a box of some sort (iirc from last year) where you select operate, and insert the essence into the window that opens.

Ah perfect-
Just what I was looking for, thanks a ton bud! :yay:

Back