Halloween Mayhem 2014

I did a relaxed one knowing I don't have a chance for a price if I don't want to take the chance to loose big. So.... 40 hours, 4020 points.... 2x500 other than that - nada. I think I'm the "rotten" King. 50ish dps in cat 2 mainly. 4 candy boxes, 300 ped plus in the end. What can I say, I would have liked a nice item...

'

You all played it wrong!

Here is how it should be done: Go in the instance. Park your guy at safe place. Wait for around 30 mins. Kill big Pumpkin. Exit instance.

Repeat above until no more evil essences drops. I made few peds!!! :cool:

~34-35 hours, 9219 points. 2x500 pumpkins were the biggest ones. 112 dps, but using melee so lost some dps with nub tagger. I knew early on my score sucked, but was hoping for 10k points atleast, and would probably reach that if I did a full 40 hours. But I planned my hours too poorly.

around 13k points, mostly L4 (few 3 and 1x2 in there as well)
1x 1k pumpkin, rest were small fry

got my timing all messed up tho, too many runs at last min, shoulda run more earlier in the week is my feeling.

if i was gunna do it again id start passing on the vamp, think i wasted quite a bit of time running up n down that path.

I did notice a much greater pumpkin drop rate after server restarts... so more lag in nymph and more restarts next year :) lol

I have above 10k with only 95dps and got no 5k pumpkin

I also tried to kill a few count vamps that wasted alot of time because i died alot.

Maybe i was just lucky

Im the most unlucky Avatar or the most "un-dynamic"

After 20 hours of only rotten pumpkins I gave up and decided to go for Count Vamps and pumpkins.
The biggest pumpkin I got in 38 hours was a fully developed 100 pointer.
4 candy boxes and zero items

I killed count vamp 127 times
level 1 - 73 times (bought 70)
Level 2 - 36 times ( bought 34)
Level 3 - 4 times (bought 3)
Level 4 - 12 times (looted all)
Level 5 - 2 times (looted 4)

Out of 127 count vamps only 4 global and 1 hof
biggest pumpkin looted from Vamp was Healthy!

It seems that every time I would try to kill a Big pumpkin I would get disconnected (wrote support about this)
Last one of the 53 killed gave me 700 ped hof!

Im the most unlucky Avatar or the most "un-dynamic"

After 20 hours of only rotten pumpkins I gave up and decided to go for Count Vamps and pumpkins.
The biggest pumpkin I got in 38 hours was a fully developed 100 pointer.
4 candy boxes and zero items

I killed count vamp 127 times
level 1 - 73 times (bought 70)
Level 2 - 36 times ( bought 34)
Level 3 - 4 times (bought 3)
Level 4 - 12 times (looted all)
Level 5 - 2 times (looted 4)

Out of 127 count vamps only 4 global and 1 hof
biggest pumpkin looted from Vamp was Healthy!

It seems that every time I would try to kill a Big pumpkin I would get disconnected (wrote support about this)
Last one of the 53 killed gave me 700 ped hof!

Sorry to see it didn't turn out, I had a theory and an assumption the pumpkin rate drop would be higher overall if someone did vamp/essense only, I guess this proves that wrong. (

And sadly illustrates that the real winners in this event so far seem to be those who farmed and sold essences as opposed to participating/contributing.

Sorry to see it didn't turn out, I had a theory and an assumption the pumpkin rate drop would be higher overall if someone did vamp/essense only, I guess this proves that wrong. (

And sadly illustrates that the real winners in this event so far seem to be those who farmed and sold essences as opposed to participating/contributing.

I disagree. Its a good thing if you cant "buy" your points.
But this guy maybe was just unlucky and at the wrong time doing it. I had your theorie as well and his example does not prove it wrong at all.

And why is it sadly ? If you have enough gamblers who pay the insane MU on this crap. Actually its funny :laugh:

24hr with 9,8k points, i know i dont have the gun to win so didnt try :)
i won in loot! :)

And why is it sadly ? If you have enough gamblers who pay the insane MU on this crap. Actually its funny :laugh:

So let me get this straight...you are laughing at the guys that paid YOU MU for your essence, right? I just want to know for sure before I black-list your ass in my Notebook of Worthless Cunts.

Last edited:
So let me get this straight...you are laughing at the guys that paid YOU MU for your essence, right? I just want to know for sure before I black-list your ass in my Notebook of Worthless Cunts.

Actually the !!!! is you dude.

147XX points. MM -T5 - Cat3 Warrior and Berseker - 7 Vamps - No 5k pumpkin.

I lough about selfimportant ignorants like you.

Can I be added to this awesome book of cuntyness? :D

28 hours with about 4k in points.

Nothing higher than a 100, of which I think I got 4.

NO ESSENCE LOOTED AT ALL (screaming this as same as last year, pisses me off some people consistently loot them, and I don't even get 1)

Glad I only did 1 more hour yesterday, as loot completely sucked on it, was going to go in for another 5 or 6 runs, just to see.

Good luck again though, to those who did the full 40.

one has to admit that paying 15-150 ped to spawn a boss mob IN A MA EVENT is really really stupid...

no matter what but killing mobs for more than 300% mu (didn't calc just guessing) won't end good..even with a unl eco gun..lol

crafting lvl2 amps on cond would have given better result

even killing it yourself when you looted essence is bad decision when ppl pay this crazy amounts

Last edited:
one has to admit that paying 15-150 ped to spawn a boss mob IN A MA EVENT is really really stupid...

no matter what but killing mobs for more than 300% mu (didn't calc just guessing) won't end good..even with a unl eco gun..lol

Its gambling for some it may work but thats not the point. In each lottery are winners.

The point is to complain after - this makes it stupid. And you cannot blame MA for this. It was your decision to do so and you have to accept the concequences without complaining.

I don't know the drop rate of the super UL items that the Vamps dropped, or how much they'll end up selling for this year but for people that could afford it they didn't seem like a bad deal, at least in the beginning. About 1 out of 1000 essences looted a Life-steal cloak last year... plus other nice things I'm sure. Only figuring in the cloaks, and estimating their value at 50K Ped each, each essence was worth about 50 Ped.

No player has the time to loot 1000+ essences and hunt the spawned vamps solo. Most players don't have the Ped to buy the essences. But, most players can help themselves, and help the ubers by selling their essences.

It's the simplest economics; resources tend to, and should, go to those people who are able to put them to the best use.

was there even a life-steal cloak this year?

i understand your point....but you have to remember with 1000 essence used you still suffer 90% return and the chance to not get anything good...so its still a very very huge gamble you payed (in your example) 50k ped for which can only be recoverd by MU...

I don't understand this hate against "farmers". You should be giving me big thanks because I did my share to put some essences on auction which helped to put down those ridiculously high mark ups! :yup:

To me it would have been a huge gamble. For other people, it's not a big deal. That's why all the essences I looted were sold.

I'm not conceited enough to tell other people what they should, or should not do. (Unless they actually ask for me opinion:ahh: )

Well for those not happy with the way this event has gone you've got about 6-7 weeks to decide if you're taking part in the next one.

28 hours with about 4k in points.

Nothing higher than a 100, of which I think I got 4.

NO ESSENCE LOOTED AT ALL (screaming this as same as last year, pisses me off some people consistently loot them, and I don't even get 1)

Glad I only did 1 more hour yesterday, as loot completely sucked on it, was going to go in for another 5 or 6 runs, just to see.

Good luck again though, to those who did the full 40.

I was going on my 20th hour before I got my first essense, then got 13 after that in next 17.5 hours.

crafting lvl2 amps on cond would have given better result

even killing it yourself when you looted essence is bad decision when ppl pay this crazy amounts

I agree...they are not worth it at all. But some people will pay for the chance. I even bought a few. However, my post you quoted of mine was mainly designed to point out the smug douchieness of the the person laughing because people bought them :) Sure they are a bad investment, to be sure.

Can I be added to this awesome book of cuntyness? :D

You are already in the Book of Smugness :p

And the Book of Excessive Popcorn Emoting...and the Book of Making Farting Noises in TS Everytime I Global.

oh...and:

The Book of Friendship :swoon:

I disagree. Its a good thing if you cant "buy" your points.
But this guy maybe was just unlucky and at the wrong time doing it. I had your theorie as well and his example does not prove it wrong at all.

Good point, on the buying points, but then again that is what we are doing every shot/swing we make. :)

In the case of essences it is clear this year the cost is much higher going that route for little return. Other players (granted only a couple I talked with did this) said same thing, not nearly worth the amount they paid in loot returned.

The sadly part is only that people who paid for a ticket lose the entry fee while allowing scalpers to pocket a portion of the fees, it just seems backwards. I agree, kind of funny and also kind of cool we could capitalize on it too if we choose, to each their own.

And also sadly because... they sold so much volume (I bought a couple, I regret but accept I was suckered :)), as sad as seeing people pay $400 or more to join the event.

I will say though one thing I think people fail to put into perspective in the costs.

Unlike a sports or poker tournament, the entry fees are not set here, except in how much we paid in time and decay, which varies.

I have no issue paying my entry fee for a cool event overall, last year it was $400 (excessive, but my choice to raise the cost) bucks, this year was more like $80, and I already got $50 as a consolation coming + a few ranks of skill, some hps, some new tiers, not bad at all. I've paid plenty of entries to other RL events with nada to show for it.

Considering the prize pool (all of the Item loot overall (from mobs and prizes) is tens of thousands USD), a $400 ticket is not too extreme, heck some poker tournys, raffles, fantasy football leagues ect and the like can charge as much as many paid in the "entry fee" with less prize value/places in the end.

Last edited:
Knock Knock MA, wake up.

Can we go inside again without getting disqualified? Come on, Pumpkins aren't looting anymore....

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

ofcourse you can :)

Considering the prize pool (all of the Item loot overall (from mobs and prizes) is tens of thousands USD), a $400 ticket is not too extreme, heck some poker tournys, raffles, fantasy football leagues ect and the like can charge as much as many paid in the "entry fee" with less prize value/places in the end.

+1 for that. You basically pulled out these words from my mouth. Nobody insist player to put his/her money and hours into this game if he/she can't afford it. You can always find hobby which is more entertaining and cheaper (If one existing out there). MA organizing events and loot the way they do and how they have done it already 13 years (or more or less). If you don't accept it then i have a suggestion below, but please people, stop this pointless whining already...

Back