Halloween Mayhem 2018 Preview

Annihilation ans Survival are two different categories, so you could in theory participate and win both. Placement in one doesn't affect the other.
Yes people can win both format (Annihilation and Survival) but not in 2 category of same format and placement of Annihilation doesn't affect placement of Survival .

So the be crystal clear, you cannot be disqualified on grounds that you went over 15 hours ? The extra time, if any, will automatically count towards an attempt to beat your previous best score?

thats how I read it.....

i got a few questions @MA:

lets assume someone is cat 6 and completes his 15 hours. he has 10k points and doesnt like it.
now he chips out or in and completes again in cat 5 or 7 and gets 12k points.
what happens now? do the 12k points count and the 10k get dismissed? do both count as they are different cats?
and what is if the didnt complete 15 hours in first cat and then chips to change cat?

I've never done one of these events - are the instances usually available on all planets or only on Caly?

These new ones can be accessed anywhere via the event icon (global instances).

Halloween Boxes!
and?!

the important thing isn't mentioned - do they STACK with last year's boxes or not

and what does

"The repeatable mission from the Halloween Mayhem 2017 event will be removed after this year’s event so be sure to complete your missions this year."

even mean. I got the mission active from last year since I accidentally accepted it after completing it once, but wasn't last halloween just on caly?!? many people clearly won't have last year's mission active, are those screwed now? don't word things so poorly time and again, ma :rolleyes:

PS: and I'm tired of being shoved in a high category (well high for my standards). I want the choice which cat I want to play back!!!!!

PS: and I'm tired of being shoved in a high category (well high for my standards). I want the choice which cat I want to play back!!!!!

+1.

I do understand why, but there has to be a better way to balance events. Miners are pretty much all screwed.

Also, In a game that is so dependant on proper bankroll management, it seems weird to be "forced" into perhaps spending more than your bankroll allows if you want to participate. Don´t get me wrong, I do appreciate the Competitive aspect of the events, but perhaps it would be an idea to add a separate set of "instances" where you can participate in the event without competing.

Last edited:
many people clearly won't have last year's mission active, are those screwed now?
The mission is only for a bonus skill reward, it doesn't affect the main competition so it doesn't matter where is everyone on it.

Also, In a game that is so dependant on proper bankroll management, it seems weird to be "forced" into perhaps spending more than your bankroll allows if you want to participate. Don´t get me wrong, I do appreciate the Competitive aspect of the events, but perhaps it would be an idea to add a separate set of "instances" where you can participate in the event without competing.

Agree, I wish they would use the same rules as Gold Rush. Have one noob category with an HP cap, but the rest of the categories have minimum requirements but no maximum.

and?!

the important thing isn't mentioned - do they STACK with last year's boxes or not

and what does

"The repeatable mission from the Halloween Mayhem 2017 event will be removed after this year’s event so be sure to complete your missions this year."

even mean. I got the mission active from last year since I accidentally accepted it after completing it once, but wasn't last halloween just on caly?!? many people clearly won't have last year's mission active, are those screwed now? don't word things so poorly time and again, ma :rolleyes:

Why are those people CLEARLY screwed? So when you cant find anything to whine about you find stuff that MIGHT bother others and you whine FOR them instead??
There's always the minesweeper category - GL

Agree, I wish they would use the same rules as Gold Rush. Have one noob category with an HP cap, but the rest of the categories have minimum requirements but no maximum.

Practice will most likely not have any kind of restriction, just like summer mayhem, as it should be...

Practice will most likely not have any kind of restriction, just like summer mayhem, as it should be...

If that´s so, that´s awesome. I missed Summer Mayhem, was the practice available all throughout the event, even after competition started? :)

Why are those people CLEARLY screwed? So when you cant find anything to whine about you find stuff that MIGHT bother others and you whine FOR them instead??
There's always the minesweeper category - GL

missing the point much?

there CLEARLY will be a new mission for 2018 (or rather the option to start a halloween killpoints mission if you don't already have one active. now that makes me wonder whether you can just carry on with last year's kp count...?). cause it was like that at halloween every year I played at least. but that isn't what the announcement says. and THAT was the point.

what they actually meant to say is that next year's halloween will not have repeatable mission(s)

PS: and if they started a concept of a halloween kp mission in 2017 you can continue to work on in 2018 - there would be no way to deduce that is actually 100% what they meant with that sentence. esp now that mayhems are pretty much different each time. really the more I think about that one statement the more flaws I find with it

Last edited:
missing the point much?

there CLEARLY will be a new mission for 2018 (or rather the option to start a halloween killpoints mission if you don't already have one active. now that makes me wonder whether you can just carry on with last year's kp count...?). cause it was like that at halloween every year I played at least. but that isn't what the announcement says. and THAT was the point.

what they actually meant to say is that next year's halloween will not have repeatable mission(s)

PS: and if they started a concept of a halloween kp mission in 2017 you can continue to work on in 2018 - there would be no way to deduce that is actually 100% what they meant with that sentence. esp now that mayhems are pretty much different each time. really the more I think about that one statement the more flaws I find with it

The flaws are not in the statement.
I'm not sure what confuses you so much and why you talk about years of mission...

Let me explain how things are:
In 2017 MA introduced a repeatable mission that rewards skills for the Halloween Mayhem creatures. It will be available in 2018 as well and after 2018 it will be removed. What they plan to do further, they may even not know, but, this is what we know until now.
Mayhe you're confusing this mission with the one that counts the competition points? Again, to be clear, this mission is about skill rewards and has nothing to do with the prizes or the mayhem competition.

Missions/Achievements
  • The repeatable mission from the Halloween Mayhem 2017 event will be removed after this year’s event so be sure to complete your missions this year.
  • Point awards per creature have been adjusted based on the new creature parameters for this year’s event.

The mission that will only be available for 2018 is:
uQDyvky.png

Who get's screwed by this, it's all in your head. GL sorting it out there...

I am curious... Why not open survival practice on the 30th as well so we can fish out the bugs before the event actually starts? Are we saving the "oh shit we didn't know" card? :scratch:

I am curious... Why not open survival practice on the 30th as well so we can fish out the bugs before the event actually starts? Are we saving the "oh shit we didn't know" card? :scratch:

Maybe it's not done yet.

Is there any chance seing those pumpkin bosses in the instance? loved shooting those last year.how do i spawn them?heard new mayhem changed it.

Ahh shit, survival was what I was so excited to practice on the 30th, I misread that. :(

Ahh shit, survival was what I was so excited to practice on the 30th, I misread that. :(

OH NOO!!! And all the community struggle to cheer you up and now a misread sends us all back to the sad place :(

Yey! This will be awesome Mindark!
Events keep getting better and better, hope these mobs will be dropping FEN token aswell.
Bummer, I think I abanded the mission after last year, hope there is a way to assign it again.

Tc you all. Peace!

About prof. level requirements in this instance.
Is Cat. 1 up to and including level 25 (so 25.99) or is max level to get in 24.99?

About prof. level requirements in this instance.
Is Cat. 1 up to and including level 25 (so 25.99) or is max level to get in 24.99?

It clearly states <25

Back