Halloween Mayhem 2020

This seem far worse than yog exploit and yet we have to scream and make noise to gather mindark attention? since support will as always never transfer the information to the devs .. what a company seriously...

Sorry Mindark guys,

just take these issues very seriously (like a "life or death question" : at least for the reputation of the Company) otherwise some people here might start thinking that repeated inaction on these problems favors some avatars (a few "highly enlightened people" that seem always very well introduced into any genre of "dirty tricks and bugs" ).

I don't share , and don't want to share , this kind of "suspicious thoughts" , so please act quickly and strongly.

Make EU greater and greater ( =fairer and fairer ).

Paul

Last edited:
Mindarkkkkkk if this is another bug..

Would this be easy for person exploiting to just get enough points to win and then restart timer every time? So that at the end they are just far enough ahead? In the past i have thought some of the point scores have been suspicious as many points as some folks have been able to get.

this is just a continuation of the micro bugs advantages that have had them throughout EU, it is a style of bug that keeps you spending money but creates a simple advantage over other players.
the difference is that before that concern certain mobs / zones in calypso now it concerns a competition with price

Sometimes miracles happen not only at Christmas :) Today's 40-minute maintenance fixed the 3-year bug. There is no way to be sure that there is no some similar thing at the moment, but at least the "good old bug" is already fixed.

im surprised no scores were erased.

im surprised no scores were erased.

Because cheaters would not submit the run until they see a big score on the scoreboard to beat and use the exploit to get higher score on an ongoing run.
For this reason I haven't yet submitted my pretty decent score and I'm sitting with 1 hour and few minutes left (2 bosses) and will finish it later on.
I honestly was scared to submit the score when I learned about the bug here for this exact reason, that some cheater will just simply go few points above me with his unlimited time exploit.
Big thanks to Velizari for bringing this into light and confirming that it's gone after yesterdays restart. Not everyone is in game long enough to know all the bugs revealed in past years.

And thanks to the people who stayed in the office last night to get this fixed now. Developers always bear the brunt when other departments lose their grip on what's important. Let's hope this one was just residue from history. Cheers!

now we need an announcment and to be sure people that used it before the fix will be punished and score erased.....

Here is your announcment:

Yog Pet Buff Mayhem instance timer Issue

In this announcement we’d like to provide a further update on the pet buff timer issue that was addressed last week yesterday.

Understandably, there has been intense community interest in this issue since the bug was corrected last week yesterday, in the form of forum discussions and support cases. We have had time to dig deeper into how the buff timer issue happened, why it was not caught by our normal testing procedures, and how it was able to persist for so long without being corrected.

Unfortunately, these support cases were not escalated to the testing and development teams and/or flagged with a sufficient level of urgency that reflected the seriousness of the issue. We will be taking steps to improve our internal processes to prevent such situations in the future.

As soon as the issue became more widely known late last this week, we moved very quickly to correct the issue via a server hotfix.

Additionally, some participants have demanded a review of the results from previous Mayhem events where the unintended Yog pet buff timer bug may have provided an advantage, inadvertently or intentionally. We will be conducting this investigation over the next few weeks, with the intention of increasing the prize rewards for any participants who were pushed down in the final standings due to another higher-placing participant benefitting from the unintended pet buff.

Due to the unintended Yog pet buff timer bug being available for such an extended period of time, despite support cases that should have resulted in the issue being addressed, and considering that it is not possible to definitively conclude that use of the pet bug was in every case intended to exploit the buff bug to gain an advantage, MindArk has decided it would be unfair and impractical to punish participants who directly or indirectly benefited from the unintended buff bug, for example stripping prizes awarded in previous Mayhem events.

Once again, we want to extend our apologies for the confusion and inconvenience this issue has caused. We are continually improving our processes to hopefully prevent and minimize such incidents in the future.

Well, at the end i'm glad they acted quickly now, and solved it.
It is intended to be a joke, no offense, hope its ok by ToU / forum rules.

Last edited:
This seem far worse than yog exploit and yet we have to scream and make noise to gather mindark attention? since support will as always never transfer the information to the devs .. what a company seriously...
There's nothing worse than the Yog issue, that shit was passed around among players in certain groups, they still deserve at least a couple of years ban from Mayehm instances. Defending them or making it seems like it was nothing is even worse.

Any exploit in game that allows players to spend more money/time=money, is good for the company and will never be addressed, like those where company was loosing money.

This is yet another major exploit that been around and not fixed. You be lucky to get any update or announcement about this, yet alone anyone getting removed/banned lol :D

Not really:
1. Cheater with this exploit do one long run and get exactly points he need to win. So he only spend time/money he needs.
2. If same cheater wants to win without cheating, he need to do more runs in order to get the good point drops and reach the desired score, so must spend more time/money to do it.
3. A lot of people will not play mayhem in general if this exploit is there (at least that's what they say), so less people will spend time/money during the event.

Worst case for MA is that time/money used by cheaters will be used by regular players, who are willing also to do more runs to get the placement score, so more players participating = more time/money spent than few exploiters.

Last edited:
it is time for MA to put in place a system that allows regular players to enter competitions and ban players who are only there for winnings without playing in the year.
an aurli-style counter for the cave would be welcome.

it is time for MA to put in place a system that allows regular players to enter competitions and ban players who are only there for winnings without playing in the year.
an aurli-style counter for the cave would be welcome.
Not a bad suggestion will be happy to sell esi's at 5k% :D

on arcadia moon - now mayhem events in Global Events List... :(

I already have reported this bug in a previous Mayhem... but... the bug is not fixed!

I just made a score in Survival cat 9 (1h 5min 12sek) wich was not recorded. I will make a supp case (again) and also posting the picture here "as proof". I also have a video clip if someone doubts that it's true (I just masked my inventory in this pic) :

index.php

(And if you look ingame at the scores in cat 9 I'm not listed with this score)

Radar is not fully visible in the pic you sure you were not in pratice survival 9 ?

Radar is not fully visible in the pic you sure you were not in pratice survival 9 ?

No, I was not in practice...

Wasn't mayhem supposed to end like 2.5hours ago at 1400 MA?

Good thing the instances are still open and points are counting. However, I recommend everyone who placed in Mayhem take timestamps and screenshots to prove that you made your place, just in case anyone tries to post a late score.... [removed, rule 3.6]

Last edited by a moderator:
Good thing the instances are still open and points are counting. However, I recommend everyone who placed in Mayhem take timestamps and screenshots to prove that you made your place, just in case anyone tries to post a late score.... this isn't the American Presidential Election after all.

I have asked this one from support before my first mayhem.
You are allowed to place after the end time of the mayhem, only the instance entry should not be available when it's ended.
So for example, if you enter to the instance at 13:59:59, you still legit finishing your surival run or annihilation 5 hour instance and place with your score.

But sure, nice recommendation, a screenshot wont hurt about the current standing.

I have asked this one from support before my first mayhem.
You are allowed to place after the end time of the mayhem, only the instance entry should not be available when it's ended.
So for example, if you enter to the instance at 13:59:59, you still legit finishing your surival run or annihilation 5 hour instance and place with your score.

But sure, nice recommendation, a screenshot wont hurt about the current standing.

Yeah that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying 2hours after instance should have ended I entered annihilation and the clock and points counter started up just like normal.

Yup, checked me too when see post, my guess is, they forgot to change the end date from last year november 12 to 10 for this year :)

Just checked, entry disabled

If someone is interested this is my conversation with Support (after my 2nd supp case) regarding the bug I posted here on PCF earlier :

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

History for support case 394782:

2020-11-11 19:50 You wrote:
Hi,
I just received answer on support case 394631 followed by "case closed". This totally tells me nothing.
My score was not registered and I want the score to be counted.
At this point I do not care if you fix the bug or not because I'm sure you will not fix it - because you did not fix it last Mayhem I reported it.
Can I please have an answer where you tell me my score will be counted!!

Best regards
Goran Eson Eriksson

-----
History for support case 394631:

2020-11-09 15:38 You wrote:
I already have reported this bug in a previous Mayhem, but the bug is not fixed!
I just made a score in Survival cat 9 (1h 5min 12sek) wich was not recorded. I have attached a screen shot, and I also have a video clip if you need to see that it's not manipulated. But I guess you must be able to see this in your logs as well?
I will NOT make any more runs in Survival so I truelly hope that you will correct this in the final score board, so that my run is in the score board!
I also made a post about this in PCF Forum :

Best regards,
Goran Eson Eriksson

2020-11-11 18:37 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi Eson,
Thank you for your report.
We have forwarded the issue to members of the responsible team for further investigation, any irregularities found will be adjusted as soon as possible.
Please stay tuned to the News and Release Notes sections on the website for further information and developments.
Thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards,
Entropia Universe Support

2020-11-12 11:02 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi Eson,
Thank you for contacting us.
As mentioned in your previous support case, this has been forwarded to the team responsible, for further investigation.
Unfortunately we can not give you another answer at this point in time.

Kind regards,
Folke | Entropia Universe Support

2020-11-12 13:19 You wrote:

Hi,
The problem with your action on my previous support case was that you closed the case.
This support case can not be closed until you investigate and my score is counted. So, since you closed the case I just had to do a new one, and if this supp case is closed I will make a new one.
Also this answer will be vital for me how to do with my Entropia game play in the future, because if MA continues to let people use bugs and exploits in Mayhem and other ways in the game - and also do not give players that do things according to rules what they should get - then I guess Entropia is not a game to play at all unless you cheat and use exploits. If that's the only way to be successful in this game then why play?

I will continue to log in and play, mostly by selling items from my storage and keeping my pedspending to a minimum.

Also the community is screaming for an answer regarding all the people that did the yog exploit and also the time counter that does not always work in Annihilation.

I will also post this reply in PCF to keep this transparent to the community/player base.

Best regards
Goran Eson Eriksson

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I already have reported this bug in a previous Mayhem... but... the bug is not fixed!

I just made a score in Survival cat 9 (1h 5min 12sek) wich was not recorded. I will make a supp case (again) and also posting the picture here "as proof". I also have a video clip if someone doubts that it's true (I just masked my inventory in this pic) :

index.php

(And if you look ingame at the scores in cat 9 I'm not listed with this score)

any1 know when tokens are rewarded?

Back