News: Halloween Mayhem 2021

Went in Bronze category with a little Armatrix LR-10 (Atlas armor) and barely 27 peds of ammo (newb lvl / newb stuff) :silly2:

It was a little tough for me, had to shoot many times to kill, and sold all the shrapnel each 3-4 mobs, but eventually went to Stage 02

And once to Stage 02 i was already bored... :unsure:

So i told myself... Ok if i global whatever the amount i'll call it a day, 1 global happened (best i had so far), happy with the prize so i left. :giggle:

1 Box, 4 token (guess i won't be able to use them as we need more) but i am satisfied, i participated to my first mayhem ever :thumbup:

edit : I have unlocked 2 times the codex for these zombies, but can't find them in the codex window to claim skills :cry:

One charming lady tried to help me with it, but it seems some kind of bug... maybe related to Next Island as i am there, i don't see anything else than Next Island creatures.

Last edited:
edit : I have unlocked 2 times the codex for these zombies, but can't find them in the codex window to claim skills :cry:

Check to see if there is a little star next the Creatures on your codex, If there is, then it means you need to be on another Planet to claim the skills, which would probably mean you need to be on Calypso.

There is a star next to challenges yes.

Too bad it's not available for Islanders :cautious: (Well... will claim them the day i return to Caly...)

edit : I don't like it though... Forcing the player to travel to Calypso to claim a prize he won by entering the Mayhem from NI.

Got a question,

those 3x options, Bronze, Silver and Gold ... Will they finish when Halloween finishes, will I be able to continue with them next Halloween and IF I finish it this Halloween, will I have the option of doing one of the three again next Halloween ?

There is a star next to challenges yes.

Too bad it's not available for Islanders :cautious: (Well... will claim them the day i return to Caly...)

edit : I don't like it though... Forcing the player to travel to Calypso to claim a prize he won by entering the Mayhem from NI.

Said that, yep it's a shame.
There is an icon top-left in Codex, where you can choose name of planet, and "Mindark".
Mayhem mobs should be in "Mindark" and of course you could check and take reward from any planet.

Got a question,

those 3x options, Bronze, Silver and Gold ... Will they finish when Halloween finishes, will I be able to continue with them next Halloween and IF I finish it this Halloween, will I have the option of doing one of the three again next Halloween ?

I asked it already yesterday in this same thread.
Got NO answer of course.. ;)

So you have to choose, not knowing how many time you'll have.
And for those who had to choose first, not knowing how fast points are droping.

Actually I doubt that MA themself even thought about it, and pretty sure they have no idea what they'll do whith it for next year.. :whistle:

Said that, yep it's a shame.
There is an icon top-left in Codex, where you can choose name of planet, and "Mindark".
Mayhem mobs should be in "Mindark" and of course you could check and take reward from any planet.
Yeah... opened a support case about it and got the answer very fast.
(seems the support is still at work, 11pm here in Western Europe)

Hi xxxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting us.

This is due to that you will have to be on Calypso to receive these rewards and codex entries.

When traveling to Calypso you will receive the rewards.

It's Logical ! If i enter Mayhem from Next Island i then have to travel all the way to Calypso to claim the Codex :banana:

Anyway i got a global, i am happy, mayhem's over for me.

Yeah... opened a support case about it and got the answer very fast.
(seems the support is still at work, 11pm here in Western Europe)

Hi xxxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting us.

This is due to that you will have to be on Calypso to receive these rewards and codex entries.

When traveling to Calypso you will receive the rewards.

It's Logical ! If i enter Mayhem from Next Island i then have to travel all the way to Calypso to claim the Codex :banana:

Anyway i got a global, i am happy, mayhem's over for me.
You could try and enter the instance again and claim the Codex, then leave the instance.

Wow I'm impressed with this new structure. Just seeing this today and it looks interest for sure! Good job!

Yeah, most all of us love the new format!

But, it no longer is a competition! No more competing for first place!

And thus it’s not really Mayhem anymore…. :cry:

I enjoy the new format to. A bit disappointed about the balance in time/damage in the Survival tho. When I reached stage5 my 75-80dps wasn’t enough to keep the timers even if the mobs was easy to handle. Not a big deal as I can just do regular mayhem but IMO the timers isn’t needed. It could be about surviving and who cares if it takes longer with a slow gun. Since there is not to much to gain from it I won’t bother getting a L gun just to blast through it either.

Reactions: jak
I enjoy the new format to. A bit disappointed about the balance in time/damage in the Survival tho. When I reached stage5 my 75-80dps wasn’t enough to keep the timers even if the mobs was easy to handle. Not a big deal as I can just do regular mayhem but IMO the timers isn’t needed. It could be about surviving and who cares if it takes longer with a slow gun. Since there is not to much to gain from it I won’t bother getting a L gun just to blast through it either.

I was wondering if there is something wrong whith phase 5 of Survival..

Checked HP of Dogs to compare.

P1 50hp
P2 100hp
P3 150hp
P4 200hp
P5... 750hp !?

Maybe they mistaken mobs from phase 15 they put in phase 5 ?.. :unsure:

I was doing from 1 to 4 pretty easily whith Bear armor, small gun, no buff.
Then at phase 5 I could not survive 5 waves whith Lich+plates, bigger gun and buffs..

Looks weird to me that phase 5 is like 10 times harder than phase 4.

I'm curious to know HP of dogs in phase 6, if someone checked it.

P1 50hp
P2 100hp
P3 150hp
P4 200hp
P5... 750hp !?

Then at phase 5 I could not survive 5 waves whith Lich+plates, bigger gun and buffs..

They did warn us it would be a sudden increase in difficulty every 5 stages.

I wonder how the Rare Tokens will be ditributed when compared to the Mayhem Tokens. In the past those with the most M Tokens also probably got the Placement Tokens. I have not opened any of my boxes yet, but it seems like thye might be a good source of Rare tokens vs regular tokens.

I am having a blast so far.

P1 50hp
P2 100hp
P3 150hp
P4 200hp
P5... 750hp !?

It ramps up fast. Also in anni, I can do 9 comfortably, total mess in 10!

Survival discoveries in stream tonight are curious in that they do not fill the usual " sunglasses " slot. So are able to be worn with other armours.

image hosting services

Yeah, most all of us love the new format!

But, it no longer is a competition! No more competing for first place!

And thus it’s not really Mayhem anymore…. :cry:
To be fair it never really was a competition before it was just a "who's got the biggest wallet" test. I mean people were forced into pay levels (instance categories) they didn't want to compete at just because of their professional level and if you didn't want to spend thousands chipping out you had no real hope of winning up against some of the high tier guns in those cats worth like 60k - 150k peds...

Most of the time it was a who ever has X gear and a hint of luck wins.

hmmm...I am not completely sure that I got asked which mission chain I want in Anhilation and cant find a mission in my list (besides the daily). Where do I see my current points ?

Edith: got a global 7 minutes after entering yesterday for the first time, no mission to see on the screenshot, none in my mission log, live support does not know of any issues with the missions and I had to open a ticket, which will be worked on next week. seems like only will get a version of practice instance this mayhem.

edith2: Entered CAt9 and got the mission there, just not sure if it will also count for cat8.

Edith3: Mission I got in Cat9 also works in Cat8. Strange noone else had the issue.

Last edited:

P1 50hp
P2 100hp
P3 150hp
P4 200hp
P5... 750hp !?

They did state that it would become significantly harder. I had no problem staying alive but the 75-80dps just didn’t make the timers. I don’t think I even had to heal in a tiny jarhead armor. That felt like it was out of balance when it wasn’t about survival but about using high enough dps to make the timers. I can go grab a big L gun and continue but meh.. rewards was just cosmetic so I won’t bother :p

MA screwd Survival, is for uber dps guns.

For stage 8 you need min. around 110 dps, you have just 3 min to finish first and second stage.
So stage 10 can be min 150+ dps gun...

MA screwd Survival, is for uber dps guns.

For stage 8 you need min. around 110 dps, you have just 3 min to finish first and second stage.
So stage 10 can be min 150+ dps gun...
Oh it’s that high later on.. Maybe it’s as intended then but “Survival” is a bad word for it then as surviving isn’t the problem here.

Isn't that the whole point of survival tho?
Survive as long as YOU can.
Not survive to the end.
Sounds like its not intended for most people to finish it

Not survive to the end.
Sounds like its not intended for most people to finish it
Like I said. Surviving is no problem. The mobs up to lvl 5 is puny stuff that doesn’t do damage in even a low lvl armor like jarhead.

stage 8 need to kill 15 mobs with 1200 hp in 180 sec. IF MOB DONT EVADE AND IF YOU DONT HEAL SELF !!!

stage 8 = 18 000 hp in 180 sec = 100dps
stage 9 = 20250 hp in 180 sec = 112.5dps

But with every stage mobs hit harder and you need heal self + shity debuffs.
I had 100% heal debuf and i die even noone shot me for 1 min had 3% bleedeing....

So let say that only 10 people in EU can finish stage 16+....
MA need to rise time by 1-2 min peer stages in begining.

Not survive to the end.
Sounds like its not intended for most people to finish

After you start you wont finish first lvl and end after 3min.

I’m sure more than 10ppl can complete it. Prolly over 100 too. Just grab a big gun and shoot the mob’s that deal heal debuff first. That said I haven’t tried higher levels but the mobs was not hard at all at lvl5. Issue was the timer/dps.

Maybe a “noob” mode without timers or removing the timer completely and have a scoreboard showing the best 100 finish times would work :p

I’m not after making it easier so I can do it personally so if it’s as intended leave it. I just think it was great fun doing it and it seemed some out of balance when it was about surviving and then a timer stops you at puny levels :p

Back