News: Halloween Mayhem Issue

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
We have run into an unknown issue during Halloween Mayhem 2021. We are working hard to fix this problem as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Halloween Mayhem 2021 will be prolonged to make up for the missed time until the unknown issue is fixed. We thank you for your continuous patience and understanding.

Originally Posted Here

Took you long enough for a statement ;)

Edit, turns out it was posted yesterday evening on disc and forums. The comment from @My|MindArk got burried in other posts...

Last edited:
Thank you Bertha

Observations based on last nights limited access to the Mayhem instance. I was in cat 2 for 1 hour and 20 minutes running damage types tests

1. Boxes seemed to drop at a higher rate than normal
2. Points were very randomly rewarded and boss bombs did not guarantee points dropping
3. One of my soc members did the full 5 hours and reported mobs either being invisible, there was a red dot on the radar but no mob visible on the screen or fading out as he started shooting, similar to the way mobs disappear at the end of a wave event round when the round is competed.

Has anyone got any other comments to add ?

It's actually the same statement as on discord and the mayhem thread last night. My question is why Bertha didn't know. Where does Bertha look and maybe MY should take that into account.

Interesting point 3. - I used to have the invisi-mob problem with atroxes, where half the mob would still be visible but unshootable. Only explosives worked.
Now on Cyrene the dire weeds at one spawn either despawn when I shoot at them, or even despawn simply by my closing in on them. The red dot disappears on that issue. The shooting part is directly related to a shot that hits the dire weed, ammo is deducted, but then simply poof - no compensation either. Maybe it's an issue appearing here too now?

Last edited:
Has anyone got any other comments to add ?
I got into cat1 for about an hour before the bug was announced just to check it out, I received 55% returns which is abnormally low even for a small run. Anyone else experienced something similar?

I got into cat1 for about an hour before the bug was announced just to check it out, I received 55% returns which is abnormally low even for a small run. Anyone else experienced something similar?
On the begin loot was pretty ok, after instances were gone from event list window I experienced dropdown in loot inside cat3 with almost no globals.

55% runs are quite common on small runs. I can easily do 100 mobs without any multi.
So, when you hunt a 5 ped mob and only get 1.xx ~2.xx loots, you easily get 55% return on a 500 ped run.

Mindark no more hounds this year ?

On the begin loot was pretty ok, after instances were gone from event list window I experienced dropdown in loot inside cat3 with almost no globals.
I did run 3 hours and 0 global, yeah kind of low return, we just had bad luck i think, i don't think loot are buggy

My age-old experience of non-multi loot has been 0.2-1.2, which averages at 0.7 or so. On a small sample size it's easy to be on the low side even of that, at 55% return, say.
I did a run of survival stage one that ended in an error message. Returns on that were something like 90-95% judging by approximate shrap, with one or two small multis noticed, but I was constantly shooting, so not much time to look at results from each mob.

Took you long enough for a statement ;)

Edit, turns out it was posted yesterday evening on disc and forums. The comment from @My|MindArk got burried in other posts...
Cred to My for giving us an update very quickly.

For the future though, if the update had its own post created by My, or any other Mindark employee, that would be amazing.

Having double checked my returns, I am kinda upset. I misread the returns yesterday and thought I was doing rather ok, nothing out of the ordinary.. upon closer inspection thought:

Spent 5 hours in category 3, spent 3.5k peds. total of 1689 points, 50~ tokens WITH the daily reward (11 points away from first reward silver)

2100 PED returned.
I mean, EU being EU and all but those 5 hours really wasn't that much fun making it worth 1400 peds.

55% runs are quite common on small runs. I can easily do 100 mobs without any multi.
So, when you hunt a 5 ped mob and only get 1.xx ~2.xx loots, you easily get 55% return on a 500 ped run.

Yes I know how the mechanics work, I've been playing long enough. And yes loot volatility does increase dramatically when you lower the amount of loot events on a run... everybody knows that. Except I've never had a run with such shitty returns, even small condition crafts of a few hundred clicks yield more than 55%, that's why I said it was abnormal. You say it's easy for you to get 55% returns after a run on a few hundred mobs with everything else being average (no overamping, etc.)? You must be really unlucky.

Yes I know how the mechanics work, I've been playing long enough. And yes loot volatility does increase dramatically when you lower the amount of loot events on a run... everybody knows that. Except I've never had a run with such shitty returns, even small condition crafts of a few hundred clicks yield more than 55%, that's why I said it was abnormal. You say it's easy for you to get 55% returns after a run on a few hundred mobs with everything else being average (no overamping, etc.)? You must be really unlucky.
Well I guess you're lucky then.

50% dalies are way to common for my likings.
You can easily do daily without any multi.

So all I'm saying that it's far from abnormal.

But I guess you should have defined "small run" since dailies are just 100 mobs max.

low return here also and i shot ~4 hours (untill they riged and removed M tokens from loot) but then i got my revenge with fairly good run on FOMA Dasp`s..

Yes I know how the mechanics work, I've been playing long enough.

All those years and probably around the cusp of level 35. How long can you say you've actually been playing. Not sweating, not standing around, not on forums. 55% you will see commonly enough if you're actively cycling PED.

What's more interesting is where does the PED from clothes' decay go? Does it count as PED cycled, go to planetary lootpool or does it just evaporate?
Dude, they make money from deposits, or do you think that they withdraw ingame PED and convert them for themselves? LOL

What exactly do you know? Before you jump into another silly conclusion or theory. Youre on the verge of insinuating you were unjustly robbed and your entitlement is about to kick in. You werent cheated so you can drop that subject.

What exactly do you know? Before you jump into another silly conclusion or theory. Youre on the verge of insinuating you were unjustly robbed and your entitlement is about to kick in. You werent cheated so you can drop that subject.

Even funnier, MA does not make money on deposits. They make money on people like him who don't pay attention, and who chose to lose 55% of thier cycle with bad decisions, low sample size and poor gear/mob choice. At best we lose 5%, before factoring the player economy which gives back more, and is actually what the deposits support.

Even funnier, MA does not make money on deposits. They make money on people like him who don't pay attention, and who chose to lose 55% of thier cycle with bad decisions, low sample size and poor gear/mob choice. At best we lose 5%, before factoring the player economy which gives back more, and is actually what the deposits support.
So 55% returns over a few hundred loot events is ok in your book? I mean even MA did admit that there was a problem with those who entered from outside of Caly. Is Bertha stupid as well?

LOL I would have been willing to bet real money that this was not going to start without a hitch.

Halloween creature control pills have lost their graphics, what kind of spaghetti code or u guys dealing with? lol

We are showing continuous patience on that ;). I'd expect 24 hrs extra to be given, give or take, say, 24 hrs!

Back