Help: Handgun question!

cenwyn

Guardian
Cenwyn Casparian
Hello, all.

I am currently shooting my way through an insane amount of Armatrix LP-55 (L). I think I might soon max the LP-60 (L), and then I will change to that. I am paying great amounts of MU, and maaaaybe… there is an UL SIB handgun with similar dmg/pec that I should consider investing in..?

My first question is therefore: is there an UL SIB Handgun that you would recommend instead of buying (L) as above?

I am currently using an A103. Are there any other reasons to amp up, other than kill speed and skill speed?

Thanks for any input. //Cenwyn

Hello, all.

I am currently shooting my way through an insane amount of Armatrix LP-55 (L). I think I might soon max the LP-60 (L), and then I will change to that. I am paying great amounts of MU, and maaaaybe… there is an UL SIB handgun with similar dmg/pec that I should consider investing in..?

My first question is therefore: is there an UL SIB Handgun that you would recommend instead of buying (L) as above?

I am currently using an A103. Are there any other reasons to amp up, other than kill speed and skill speed?

Thanks for any input. //Cenwyn

Check this out!

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/1/9/6/7/5/laser_pistol_26-100.jpg

U should definetly invest in a mayhem L alpha amp if sticking to armatrix.

You should use bigger amp for sure, LP-55 will fit A106 easily. Amp is not only about kill speed, it's also affects your gun eff and in theory with A106 you should have better returns long-term. Also, in L case it also decreases your effective MU on gun because on each click of L gun you also decay UL amp (with no MU on repair) and burn extra ammo (no MU again or even negative MU if you buy shraps at 100.5%). You should also use extender if gun MU is lower than extender MU - extender takes some of tt decay of the gun and therefor let you do more clicks, if extener is cheaper than gun you will decrease effective MU on gun. Extender is extremly important when you use E.L.M style guns but also helpful with Armatix line.

Both extender and big UL amp will let you cycle more with same gun and same MU on this gun. And you are probably right that you look for UL alternative. I did the math on LP-25 with P20 extender and A106 amp some time ago - effective MU on that gun was around 101.2% and extra 10% eff doesn't justify that. You will probably get same result with 56%eff UL than with 65%eff armatix because your higher eff bigger tt returns will be wasted by MU paid.

The bummer with UL is that you will lock few k of ped in MU + there is a risk MU will drop and you locked ped will disappear permanently. Using UL doesn't stimulate economy too, please mind that if you buy Ls then crafter will then have to buy your loot to make more Ls. I always try to use Ls when there is equivalent to UL eco - but armatrix is still too expensive right now.

I'll check that amp out!

That chart is old. Many guns are missing. I was using ewe-53 before, but switched to lp-55. I might be able to use the ewe-54 now, I haven't checked... But are there any UL guns (that are not in the chart) that are reasonably priced and in the same dmg range (roughly)?

Cenwyn

Igni 1100E + A106 or iA105

You've probably already paid for that setup in MU alone :) using A103 is seriously impacting your dpp and eff potential.

Interesting about using bigger amps. I shall definitely consider using a bigger amp, too.

Maybe I should look for an Armatrix bulk seller. I think I saw one a while ago in the selling thread...

Thanks for great input so far, guys!

U should definetly invest in a mayhem L alpha amp if sticking to armatrix.

Heard you like markup so i got you some markup for your markup. As others suggest invest in imp a105 first (almost identicle to a106 but more uses, esp nice on a hg with a lot of shot per min) before upgrading gun. Honestly not many good ul options around ur dps for laser pistol (some good choices if switching to blp enigma l4/herman asi TEN/snub u60 etc) to switch to ul laser have to take a lower dps setup (prob not noticeable if u upgrade amp) but even those options are not great choices. If you cant switch to blp might be worth sticking with L until you get close to like macmahon vengence levels.

I have been looking at the Adj EWE EP-41 Mil... Seems nice, but as you say... Dps drops and the price is... not convincing yet. The Igni 1100E suffers from the same, but I have no idea what that gun costs.

Maybe play it simple and just upgrade amp and keep buying (L).

I am currently shooting my way through an insane amount of Armatrix LP-55 (L)....

I have been looking at the Adj EWE EP-41 Mil... Seems nice, but as you say... Dps drops and the price is... not convincing yet. .

define "insane amount".

Multiply that "insane amount" x MU of the LP-55 to see if it's worth investing in an Adj 41 for example.

Imo MU is just a waste of PED.

if you "need" to pay higher mu on guns ....maybe also consider an Armatrix P20 extender , which has lower mu compared to the guns and your gun could last 20% longer....

and yes if you go with this lp-5x gun ..a bigger amp would def.be better....more damage done in same time,so you kill more mobs with the same gund "decay" amount...

The UL market on those guns with the lvl range isnt very "thick", so only less then a handful avail....like maybe

the Mayhem Scintillator weapons(1x lvl 55, 1x lvl 70 , 1lx lvl 25 or 30) , or you can talk to a mayhem winner for getting a gun from a mayhem Token Vendor..

If it isnt soooo important to use laser...you can also check the Enigma L4 blp pistol...

Hf and good luck,
Eddie

Last edited:
I am looking at using maybe a few hundred LPs, before reaching my goal (Commando). That's insane to me :D 200 - 400, perhaps? I don't know the current MU in peds on those guns, but I think it's around 30 ped. So...

6000 - 12000... in MU only.

And then there's after reaching my goal. I need a gun then too!! :D

I shall look into the extender part. never heard about those. Thanks!

6000 - 12000... in MU only.
!

Just checked, MU at the moment +40 ped

But with those amounts, it's totally justified to invest in a UL gun!

Well returns will also be better with armatrix than the ul gun due to higher effic and dpp (you can do the math on if it accounts for mu or not) so its not pure black and white. the higher level you get you can also obtain some ok L guns for low mu as they are outclassed by armatrix head2head and not many people at that level buy them but they can be better at times tho again not ideal, if you grind dailies you can grab some nice pistols from the trader too as you skill towards a level that has good ul options .

That was my original thought too...

I prefer laser. If I ever loot an L4 I might reconsider, but until then...

Adj EP-41?
Igni 1100E?

More options?

Adj EP-41?
Igni 1100E?

More options?

A&P Series Mayhem LP-40 Perfected
Isis HL12
Isis HL14
Ranked Scorpion
Herman CAP-40 Smuggler
Omegaton Igni L1100E

just pulling off wiki from pure dps ofc some are rare and some are not good in terms of eco and effic honestly poor options for most part

I remember wanting that HL14 soooo bad, a long time ago...

I remember wanting that HL14 soooo bad, a long time ago...

Now you can buy Hl15 for whopping +13999 peds xd, 2 weeks ago it was on ah for +24k so mabey in one month more it will go down to +4k :D

Buy a ranked Scorpion and imp105. Should level you up quickly to new guns in no time and doesn’t cost a fortune

Adj EP-41?
Igni 1100E?

More options?

more decay, faster skilling. i had a handful of the arkadian smuggler guns already, and i loved them all. maybe you can find one of those, they also look awesome :)

Back