Have Land Deeds renewed your interesting in EU?

Have Land Deeds renewed your interest in EU?

• Yes

Votes: 65 39.9%
  • No

Votes: 72 44.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 21 12.9%
  • Other (please post)

Votes: 5 3.1%

• Total voters

Sirhc

Elite
Society
Defiance
Sirhc Xerogs Drakcah
Needless to say I've been thinking a lot about Entropia Universe these past few days and the Land Deeds have a lot to do with it. While I can see the pros and cons of this venture I can't help but think that this is what I have been wanting for EU for a long time. I can only speak for myself here but I have always wanted a stake in Project Entropia but just never had the funds at the right time to do so.

I like the idea of having a vote and I think having this profit share will add a little transparency I know I have wanted for a long time.

I know I have been liquidating and not playing EU and not been that positive about the game for some time. There are various reasons for that, going back to school being just one of them. Surprisingly as I re-invent my avatar and see the good EU is doing in my real life, like paying for school, I can't complain. I am looking forward to starting over believe it or not and having my little stake and citizenship on Calypso. Just like I have said in the past, it’s OK to take a break from EU and approach the game differently with a new perspective and I will be doing so very slowly at first and then probably more as I finish school.

I really hope to start more creative endeavors when it comes to EU because I have always liked the concept, look, and feel of Project Entropia.

I think with anything in life you will have your negative and positive feelings about it and Entropia Universe sure does mimic real life in that aspect. It will never be perfect nor will it ever be what it once was but if my vote and continued participation can have some influence in the way it progresses I can't gripe about that.

:beerchug: 7 years is a long time to play any game so in that respect MA and now FPC are doing something right. It will be an interesting next few years for sure.

Do you think the Land Deeds will renew interest in EU like they have for me? Have they renewed or increased your interest in EU?

Needless to say I've been thinking a lot about Entropia Universe these past few days and the Land Deeds have a lot to do with it. While I can see the pros and cons of this venture I can't help but think that this is what I have been wanting for EU for a long time. I can only speak for myself here but I have always wanted a stake in Project Entropia but just never had the funds at the right time to do so.

I like the idea of having a vote and I think having this profit share will add a little transparency I know I have wanted for a long time.

I know I have been liquidating and not playing EU and not been that positive about the game for some time. There are various reasons for that, going back to school being just one of them. Surprisingly as I re-invent my avatar and see the good EU is doing in my real life, like paying for school, I can't complain. I am looking forward to starting over believe it or not and having my little stake and citizenship on Calypso. Just like I have said in the past, it’s OK to take a break from EU and approach the game differently with a new perspective and I will be doing so very slowly at first and then probably more as I finish school.

I really hope to start more creative endeavors when it comes to EU because I have always liked the concept, look, and feel of Project Entropia.

I think with anything in life you will have your negative and positive feelings about it and Entropia Universe sure does mimic real life in that aspect. It will never be perfect nor will it ever be what it once was but if my vote and continued participation can have some influence in the way it progresses I can't gripe about that.

:beerchug: 7 years is a long time to play any game so in that respect MA and now FPC are doing something right. It will be an interesting next few years for sure.

Do you think the Land Deeds will renew interest in EU like they have for me? Have they renewed or increased your interest in EU?

Don't know how long you've been gone for ... but welcome back. I just want to tell you though that there is currently NO planet partner that owns Calypso, thus, the selling of the "Land Lot Deeds" to the players to raise the $6 mill USD. First Planet Company (FPC) has been out of the picture for nearly a year now :)

~Danimal

With mus dropping across the board due to less ped turnover in game directly correlated to people purchasing deeds.

I have to say I like to play a game, I have stocks and investments in RL I can do that on my own. But, the game wont care look at the easy 6 mil they will get, NPV on instant cash is always better then slow profit down the road. Problem with almost any business today is short sightedness.

No...and no. :D

yep. Deeds are awesome. Just hope one individual doesn't gobble up the majority of the deeds. 6 million may seem like a lot, and it is, but get a few doctors/lawyers/bankers with avatars and that's nothing.

Last edited:
sirch ive always thought you had a interesting take on eu. although i haven't invested in land deeds at this time, i do think it will have a positive effect. i know of at least three other avatars that are similar to you that have quit for a while and have logged in as of late and purchased land deeds.

i think deed ownership will insentivize many things. players will be more likely to tell their friends about entropia, now that they own a small portion of its revenue. ma is not only raising 6 million dollars by selling them off to players, but forming a partnership with those players to move forward together in the development of the planet together.

i also believe that land deed ownership will create a sort of middle class in our player base, where formerly there has been vastly rich and vastly poor experiences to be had based almost solely on when you started entropia. should the ROI of the land deeds be high, i would expect that the majority of those players will reinvest their revenue sharing PED back into the market that is our rce.

for players that have time and money to invest in eu, land deed ownership i believe may not the best option, however. a player with the time to shoot and the money to buy the imk2 can see an ROI per year on that investment far greater than 27%. but for players without the time, land deeds is a way to replace steady depositing with residual income.

i originally place 100k PED into entropia between 2005 and 2007. if i were starting now, i'd highly consider buying 100 shares of calypso. if that initual investment were to bring 27k per year, almost anyone could learn how to play eu smartly within the confines of that budget per year and could do quite well here over time with a residual bankroll as the starting investment.

What did Skippie say :wise:

I don't know about the past. but I think this is one of the best move by MA.
It's good for MA and potentially good for the players.. win win situation..... :yay:

Already I've noticed entropians are posting in other gaming forum... and defending EU :wtg:

Last edited:
yes, i think this has raised interest among "retired" players, and with the current active playerbase.

There is actually a new planet partner that owns calypso.

From QA about calypso land deeds:

Q. How is the revenue share for Land Lot deeds calculated?
A. The Planet Partner Gross Revenue will be divided as follows: 50% paid to Land Lot deedholders (1/60000), and the remaining 50% retained by Planet Calypso (AR Universe AB) to cover the ongoing development, marketing and operating costs of Planet Calypso.

And a link to swedish page allabolag.se
http://allabolag.se/5567666416

Don't know how long you've been gone for ... but welcome back. I just want to tell you though that there is currently NO planet partner that owns Calypso, thus, the selling of the "Land Lot Deeds" to the players to raise the $6 mill USD. First Planet Company (FPC) has been out of the picture for nearly a year now :)

~Danimal

Yes it has raised my interest in EU, although MU is dropping on items it will rise again after some time as people will start buying items again - just give it some time (a month or so). :)

I have also been gone for a long period of time, and by chance came back this week to see how much has changed. I did some reading and am very sad to see how the world has changed, or rather hasn't really changed all that much.

Can someone please provide a link or a brief history of what has happened during the last 2-3 years with emphasis on MindArk and the planet partners?

I have purchased 10 land deeds and am waiting to see if further investment is worth my money and time.

Are you going to add a poll for this?

For me it the deeds had just the contrary effect: I am going to sell out completely. The land deeds itself are a very nice idea but again there are so many open questions, no answers to support cases, and MA still seems to lack the funds to develop EU.

When i stopped playing EU I started to play EVE occasionally. Although I think Entropia has a much better concept, EVE is managed much better. I always got treated with respect. Although I did pay a lot more to play Entropia than I do pay for EVE, all I earn here is disrespect, broken promises, false advertisements, etc.

The land deeds would have been a excellent way to prove that MA has changed ot at least tries to change. But they haven't. They need money, asap. That's why the deeds are sold, and that's how MA works.

It kind of breaks my heart to sell out all the thousands of items I acquired over the 7 years I played Entropia, because I have so many good memories connected with to them. But again the last 4 years the only thing that made me play Entropia was the hope that it will get better. And the deeds were the last chance I gave MA.

The offer of these Land Deeds have renewed my interest in EU. I haven't been playing EU as long as some, I came to this game post VU10. I've been playing for under two years and I haven't played at all for about two months now. A friend of mine told me about the land deeds and I came back and purchased five of them. If the projected ROI of 27-30% is met I will try to purchase more. For now I will simply wait and see.

I am guardedly optimistic about the proposed land ownership system. Being able to vote and influence the direction of developement for Calypso is certainly enticing, but it is not here yet and we do not know what for that will take. I am very excited to have a direct view into the profitability of the planet however. The payout on my five shares * 12,000 will equal 25% of the total income generated by Calypso. That is a figure I am very interested in knowing and I think having that information readily available will help to ease the concerns of some. Perhaps we will find that EU is not so bad off as some would suspect?

Interesting responses thanks to everyone who posted I always like to see what people think when significant changes with EU occur.

Poll added thanks for reminding me. :ahh:

There is actually a new planet partner that owns calypso.

Aye, Calypso is now run by Kim Welter (son of Jan Welter) located in Mexico, for those who has missed that :silly2:

Alot of things have made me more interested in EU lately. Aside from my poor love life (just kidding) the land deeds have definitely raised my eyebrows. That ROI sounds too good to be true, but even at 1/3 of that its still making more money than many people would in the stock market.

So thats one.

Two, the developers seem to have taken a turn for the better. And by better I mean more interested and communicative with the player base. They genuinely seem to want to find reasons to listen to us and our ideas. That doesnt mean they will agree with them, but they seem to be not just listening, but following through. That's got some marks from me.

So right now I am thinking very highly of EU.

They still have some room to go, but I think right now we have a person or persons with imagination occupying important positions within the company, and in this industry you need alot of imagination to succeed.

No they havent interested me in the least, but after 5 years i still enjoy the game so my interest was already there.

Sadly I accidentally voted no, but yes, I'm pretty positive about the land deeds. And they've got me talking about EU to none-EU people which I haven't done for a long time tbh. Along Skippie's line of thought, I don't have more than a handful of hours a week to spend on EU these days so this is a nice way to invest in the game without requiring huge grinding to make it worthwhile.

Nice to see a Sirhc post too, wb.

For me it the deeds had just the contrary effect: I am going to sell out completely.

Same.

I have other reasons for not enjoying Entropia as much as I used to, but the recent addition of "deeds" was confirmation that (for me) spending my entertainment dollars elsewhere is in my best interest.

Only time will tell what impact the deed system will have on this virtual universe.

Deeds, political systems, factions. Hell, Yes!

PC is willing to share profits through ingame systems by at least palatially democratizing the game ownership.
Who else would dare to do this sort of thing?

Now, I'm not expecting it to be amazing, there will be issues, but there's no denial in that I'm _very_ interested in how this will play out. And it might take some time, so what, does it mean that they shouldn't work on it? I don't think so.

due to my busy work schedule and lack of time to play all week anymore, I think deeds are actually a good thing for me to use my deposits on. guess scratch my first post, no time to trade effectivly or use unl sib gear anymore. So hello deeds.

I love the deeds and I'm truely excited about calypso's future. Ofcourse I still want proof of the pudding and I will be eating it with the first payout. After that if the income is 4-6 ped per week.. I will jump in the air

Well , did some bigger deposits than usual, to buy some deeds.

I always liked the idea of the RCE, but LAs are to expencive to for my low income. The deeds are good for people like me, than can´t invest $10-15k to buy a small LA.

I am lookning forward that EU gets better.

The deeds retained me as a player + the cash I have in game.

I enjoy entropia, and just about everything it has stood for. The ease and flexibility of your investments is 1 large plus for me. In about 7-8 months from now I will be married and getting an appartment.

By having the deed system in game I have convinced my fiance to let me maintain my current ped balance and invest in the future of entropia. Without a system like this in place honestly I was 3 months away from having to make a withdraw.

I have the time now, and not the money, But soon I will have the money and not the time. By adding this system into the game you can attract / retain more players and deposits into the economy of entropia.

Its much easier to retain a player who has the option to buy some deeds and take a small break, rather than sell out and take a small break. I believe we will retain more depostting players with this change, as well as bring back many old ones who we lost along the way.

Yes by all means the deeds have increase my interest in EU.

Yes. It has renewed my interest, I even deposited... (*shock*)

I think it is a brilliant businessmove for MA, and it *might* actually turn out win-win-win: win for MA in freed up working capital, win for the deed owners as it gives them some form of influence, and win for the game as a whole as more people have a vested interest and will strive to make it the best planet around.

Yes, it renewed my interest too. Actually it did only speed up renewal of my interest in EU since I always return for few weeks every few months when my fun money fund goes high enough to have some fun and skill up a little.

Anyway, I bought some land lot deeds, but not too many to get broke if the system and game goes to hell. In other words, I spent 2k peds I saved over about 3 months to buy 2 land lot deeds :D

By the way, I too think they did it mostly to raise some working capital fast. But I won't mind as long as they use most of it for development of those new systems and do not go bankrupt.

Back