Healing... General Question

Zanzibarjones

Provider
When healing, how do I know how much health I have total? I know I can see by the status bar where my health lies as far as a percentage goes. But how do I tell what my total amount of health really is? Does it increase based upon skills, stamina, strength, etc?

I've been in this game for 5+ years and I have never thought about asking or looking for this. I just always accepted what it was, whatever it was. I guess I based my health more on the armor I was wearing rather than the actual number behind my health.

If this has already been answered, please do not flame me. I looked and searched, but I may have been typing in the wrong words to look for an answer.

entropiawiki.com

go to skills you can see which skill/attribute increases your hp and by how much

Well I can see my health... ok got that solved. But what increases it? There are some vague references to things that might have to do with health like stamina, strength, bravado, general stupidty, etc.

comandos gives a lot of HP

Well I can see my health... ok got that solved. But what increases it? There are some vague references to things that might have to do with health like stamina, strength, bravado, general stupidty, etc.
There is nothing vague about the info on entro about gaining hp, its actually rather helpful. I dont get what ur asking, is it about the healing profession, regeneration of health, or just health? In which case ur title is a bit off what ur asking, please be more specific.

Why isn't your total HP not just listed in-game where your health meter is?

Where else should it be listed? :dunno:

Tbh I wish your health bar were digits, not bars in health that would be more helpful to me.

Last edited:
Where else should it be listed? :dunno:

Tbh if your health bar were digits not bars in health that would be more helpful to me.

Maybe modify the health bar a bit so that when you hover the cursor over it, it displays the number of current health? That would be pretty cool. Tbh, I've just kind of developed a feel for how much health I have in relation to what my FAP will do....

Blackjack :cowboy:

check the skill window and attributes page and you will see your total hp.. and stamina, strength, agility, psyche and intelligence.. and on the other pages theres a hell of alot of other skills.. many of those skills gives you hp.

As valivill and Centech mentioned previously, full breakdown of how health is tallied up is available at http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Skill&name=Health

The info on this page is outdated - the contributions of attributes are well known meanwhile.

The only chart that's really up-to-date is the skills chart - the column "HP increase" holds all the info, including all latest updates (i.e. Heavy Weapons Skill giving health, too)

Tbh, I've just kind of developed a feel for how much health I have in relation to what my FAP will do.
Same here, I've had to develop a feel for how much health I have before knowing how many more hits I can take before I lay down not the nice way. And like you also for fapping, but I usually leave some health left unhealed for regen to kick in while in combat.

Easy and quick way to know exactly how much health you have is to jump off a large building. It will tell you (X)XX.X dmg.
Yeah I always do that now :laugh:. Just wait till u have full health, get in ur chopper & if ur on your way to the tp, climb to over 200 metres. Then jump out as if your helicopter has been hijacked by a holigan. Hey presto! :D

I guess I based my health more on the armor I was wearing rather than the actual number behind my health.
Having more health is still more beneficial to any lvl hunter. As it allows you to take more avg hits than previously, especially with evader also growing.

(i.e. Heavy Weapons Skill giving health, too)
WOW! When was that added? I have not looked at that page lately or did not see that it moved to the 1600 section. Wow, so what skills up heavy weapons skill besides using the weapons for pvp vehicles? What else can get this "Profession: Mounted Laser (Hit)" to go up, is it gunner on mothership or other methods available, anyone know? It's a relevant question based on the OP's first thoughts about health ;).

WOW! When was that added? I have not looked at that page lately or did not see that it moved to the 1600 section. Wow, so what skills up heavy weapons skill besides using the weapons for pvp vehicles? What else can get this "Profession: Mounted Laser (Hit)" to go up, is it gunner on mothership or other methods available, anyone know? It's a relevant question based on the OP's first thoughts about health ;).

It's not thaaaat new, just the exact amout was unknown.

If you want to know more, check the "history" tab on entropedia - this way it is easy to find what you've asked here:

Update was made on 13-09-2011 00:24:09 by Hijacker27 with the comment skilling it

I guess he knows the answers, but i'd say we can assume that every mountable weapon gives this skill - and "mountable" means it is a weapon that needs to be attached to a vehicle... besides pvp only hunting space mobs will boost this, i guess.

besides pvp only hunting space mobs will boost this, i guess.
Thanks for reply wizz. I knew you were going to say that :(. Hunting space mobs is not a cheap option at all.

Thanks for reply wizz. I knew you were going to say that :(. Hunting space mobs is not a cheap option at all.

I think non-lootable pvp, a cheap vehicle with attached weapon and a couple of fap-skilling noobs acting as targets might do the trick...

Hunting space mobs isn't that expensive either, from what i've understood you can always join a mothership crew for free as a gunner, and just pay for a gun&ammo...

Hunting space mobs isn't that expensive either, from what i've understood you can always join a mothership crew for free as a gunner, and just pay for a gun&ammo...

You just pay for ammo, the gun is part of the ship.

Hunting space mobs isn't that expensive either, from what i've understood.
You can always join a mothership crew for free as a gunner and just pay for ammo.
Maybe you should try once Wizz because what you hear isn't the entire consensus. Everyone I know who has tried being Gunner on the Normandie has had heavy loses, including me. When I tried I got back 10% of loot to what I spent. Everyone else gets 30% roughly if done long enough. Some if they get a Global/Hof or are just lucky can get upto 50-70% at best. 90% return on space mobs is almost unheard off.

It's the no loot & high loot variance/volatility & missed shots, coupled with mobs not being looted in time, that makes this really an expensive profession to skill. Maybe someone who has had some extensive trials being a gunner can give me some numbers. How much ped do I need to get near enough 90% return, is it 5000ped per run? Which only translates to 5000 shots at roughly 4 shots per kill on young horror/cosmics.
Thats only a 1250 looting events is this a big enough sample size?

It doesn't decay?
Nope.

Last edited:
Maybe you should try once Wizz ...

Oh, i should! What i meant was more like "you don't have to buy a mothership to be able to skill "Heavy Weapons".

When I tried I got back 10% of loot to what I spent. Everyone else gets 30% roughly if done long enough. Some if they get a Global/Hof or are just lucky can get upto 50-70% at best. 90% return on space mobs is almost unheard off.

Sounds like my mining runs on Calypso for the last 6 months... :rolleyes:

Oh, i should! What i meant was more like "you don't have to buy a mothership to be able to skill "Heavy Weapons".

Sounds like my mining runs on Calypso for the last 6 months... :rolleyes:
Oh sh*t that made me laugh :D. But yes your right you can gun without owning a mothership that part is much true & since it's expensive to be tagging/killing mobs with those guns/turrets, owner doesn't mind taking volounteers for shooters/gunners. All this for the sake of growing your health :eyecrazy::yup::rolleyes:.

Back