Question: Healing impact on loot

Jamesmynott

Provider
Society
Entropia Discord
Monkey_D JM9 Luffy
Hi am I considering buying a healing tool and I know with loot 2.0 “healing costs now impact loot return” however I would only be healing after I’ve killed a mob for the next mob I attack, so will the

healing cost be added to the next mob I attack next
or to my loot over time
Or not at all

A few people have said that if you heal while the mob is still alive your costs get added to its loot, however after its dead you do not get a % of your costs returned if you heal.

Would like to hear your views because I have no idea, it wouldn’t be worth it for me to heal while the mob is still alive, but only after its dead.

I have asked live chat who said “I have no idea, ask Rookie chat”

And have open a support case but have had no reply

Hi am I considering buying a healing tool and I know with loot 2.0 “healing costs now impact loot return” however I would only be healing after I’ve killed a mob for the next mob I attack, so will the

healing cost be added to the next mob I attack next
or to my loot over time
Or not at all

A few people have said that if you heal while the mob is still alive your costs get added to its loot, however after its dead you do not get a % of your costs returned if you heal.

Would like to hear your views because I have no idea, it wouldn’t be worth it for me to heal while the mob is still alive, but only after its dead.

I have asked live chat who said “I have no idea, ask Rookie chat”

And have open a support case but have had no reply

interesting.
I would like to know as well.

I was always under the impression that healing and armour costs were given back in the shrapnel bonus loot and not directly in the "normal" loot.

How would it even be possible to put healing cost in normal loot?
I mainly use an adjusted resto chip. While the healing buff is in effect I can kill and loot several mobs. In which mob do I get my costs back?
Also, what if I use a healer. Are his/her healing costs put in my loot?
I dont think so.

So I think healing costs are given back in bonus shrapnel, and this (still) makes it worth to keep healing and armour costs to minimum.

Interesting however I get loads on bonus shrap when I hunt naked and don’t heal.

But could be

interesting.

I was always under the impression that healing and armour costs were given back in the shrapnel bonus loot and not directly in the "normal" loot.

I mainly use an adjusted resto chip. While the healing buff is in effect I can kill and loot several mobs. In which mob do I get my costs back?
I dont think so.

So I think healing costs are given back in bonus shrapnel, and this (still) makes it worth to keep healing and armour costs to minimum.

Looked it up again.
So I could very well be wrong: :scratch2:

[h=2]Developer Notes #11 - Loot 2.0[/h]

Loot Changes

Loot calculations will be optimized and improved to better factor in the various costs associated with hunting activity, including: healing, ammo consumption, buffs, tool and armor deterioration, attachments, and more.

A special hunting bonus pool will be implemented that will distribute funds from various sources, including skill misses, PVP, marketing and special events, which will improve overall loot returns for all participants.

Maybe the special hunting bonus is part of the "optimized loot calculations" ? :rolleyes:
Or maybe not.

So very curious about how healing costs are implemented in loot calculations.

Yeah I’m sure a % of healing costs are returned my main interest is is healing between mobs factored in

MA support replied to me saying that they have no idea, but they have forwarded my message on to someone that knows and they may if they wish be back in touch with me.... then closed the case

I then opened another case saying thanks but if you close the case how will they contact me, they quickly replied same message more or less but this time adding, the case will be reopened if the person has a reply...

The good thing is he 2ed case was left “open” even after their reply

Quite possibly the greatest example of the worst support.

Question Asked...

Answer: I don't know - I'll let someone know though. Won't tell you who and they surely aren't going to get back to you because I am closing your ticket.....But you should TOTALLY Ask Rookie Chat - because obviously, a new player to the game has more information than an employee of said game.

I mean come on, at the very least, don't act daft. Just say something like 'We cannot further clarify the information that was noted in the development release notes found here *link*, please explore this feature to draw further conclusions'

Easy way to test, get a healing tool that has a high cost to use and use on a low level mob....let them hit you then heal and then kill them...see if your loot returns are different to not using the tool. May need to do a few kills to get an idea but should be noticable pretty quickly....just like using a higher cost weapon on a mob is easy to tell increased returns after a few kills..

Easy way to test, get a healing tool that has a high cost to use and use on a low level mob....let them hit you then heal and then kill them...see if your loot returns are different to not using the tool. May need to do a few kills to get an idea but should be noticable pretty quickly....just like using a higher cost weapon on a mob is easy to tell increased returns after a few kills..

I used to be a leader in a Chruch and there was a saying.... you get the vision... you get the job lol ;)

I used to be a leader in a Chruch and there was a saying.... you get the vision... you get the job lol ;)

Sure...just need to hand out the collection plate.....afterall nothing is free...especially when in a church.

My strong guess is, the decay will be distributed in one mob per month in form of a global or hof. If you dont hit it, it might come in 4-5 months in form of an ubah hof. You might get it back mining or crafting also. And i am sure there are some people who havent got theirs for a decade or so. And there might be players who see 2 or even 3 of those HoFs in a single day, because they turnover upto 20k a day in Ammo. So my theory is there are certain mobs out there that kinda test you, see what you heal with, see what you hunt with and give you a certain payback on decay according to the items you hunted it with and its tiers. All you have to do is go out there and try to find it. The problem is, lets say you are running out of money and dont have some left for enhancers. You hunted tier 5 dmg enhanced all month, but now that you are going to see your loot-window of destiny, there is only 1 tier of dmg-enhancers left. What will you get? A loot worth tier 5 hunting or a loot worth tier 1 hunting? You probably just hofed but in fact you lost 40% on what could have been in the hof.

There are certain midlevel L-items that really seem to hold 1 hof in them. I had that strong feeling on UR-125 (L) and SK-80 (L) faps and especially on Emik X5(L), a blp handgun that is out of fashion nowadays. A decade ago we said, there is always a Global in a Korss400 (L) you just have to go out and find it. Its said unlimited items have their swings and they may be so huge that you just cant trigger the biggie because your pedcard is too small for it. And there are guns with super low eco that seem to read the chat, especially when the player holding it is getting mocked by another player for their ignorance of economic facts on the gun, the gun tends to hof in the face of the sceptic. I got hofed in the face with a swine deluxe too!

In the end the question if its better to use super eco or low eco items is not so easy to answer. A healthy and thought through mix might be the key to happyness.

So all in all the big picture reveals itself only in the longterm, you cannot count and calculate from one mob to the next. Its like Heisenbergs uncertainty principle at work. You have to think bigger :)

Last edited:
Hmm i hunt without healing and Armor...but i hunting Caraboks ;)

theory: each evade or dodge impacts shrapnel returns per mob, regardless of if it's actually causing decay or not as it's a type of 'theoretical' armor/fap decay... no idea if it really works that way, but no way to really test it either.

Bertha Bot with 2.0 announcement:
Loot calculations will be optimized and improved to better factor in the various costs associated with hunting activity, including: healing, ammo consumption, buffs, tool and armor deterioration, attachments, and more.
Player asked:
“Is the current loot calculation based predominantly on cost spent per mob or not?
Charlie/MA replied:
Yes....It is not based on average cost to kill, it is based on actual cost to kill
And later stated
No, there still is no personal loot pool.....Most of the decay from healing and using armor is now compensated for in the loot of the mob. On top of this the actual amount of decay to the armor per damage absorbed was reduced greatly. Overall the cost for healing and armor usage is less than 5% of what it used to be.”
Based on these statements, I would guess that you are compensated for your cost to kill each individual mob, and that there is no collection of decays compensated by means of a later global/HoF.

Based on these statements, I would guess that you are partly compensated for your cost to kill each individual mob, and that there is no collection of decays compensated by means of a later global/HoF.

just made a small edit to that.

just made a small edit to that.

Yes, I meant that you are compensated for your healing roughly to the same degree as you are for your ammo/weapon consumption (as MindArk has stated that healing/armor decay "costs 5% of what it used to", indicating that at least 95% is returned in loot).

Love this question though. Staying tuned.

Compensation is on every mob. It's impossible to get anything else but shrapnel when using 2600 dlx only once a kill.

Form a team give healer loot 100% and you see cant be affectect cos you get all loot..............

I know MA said healcosts are affecting the loot but as i know long before all tool decay is for MAs pockets if you dig in old forum threads for sure you will find that :)

And if MA say something dont need to reflect the reality. Looks CLDs they implemented as a Vote sytem you never had to vote for anything and thr Votemachines get removed out of the game. Look Animals etc....... saying and doing 2 things Loot2.0 ok Buzz say 97% return in long runs but MA use this on there webside to reflecting as real and mine is at 80,47% from counting. in 8198,45 ped.

Saying and doing are 2 different things for MA

Last edited:
I know MA said healcosts are affecting the loot but as i know long before all tool decay is for MAs pockets if you dig in old forum threads for sure you will find that :)

bullshit. buy a high cost / use healtool and check yourself. System is giving heal costs in some % in loot.

So in other words... Easy way to test, give MA more money.

interesting.

I dont think so.

LOL... "bonus shrapnel"

Getting an extra shrapnel drop in a loot instead of something with MU is not a bonus.

its extra shrapnel in loot instead of nothing.... thats why its called a bonus

So at your job, on every payday you find you've been shorted $15. This goes on for three months. One payday, you get your paycheck, shorted $15 of course, and then they hand you a check for $1.38. Would you call that a bonus?

So at your job, on every payday you find you've been shorted $15. This goes on for three months. One payday, you get your paycheck, shorted $15 of course, and then they hand you a check for $1.38. Would you call that a bonus?

Again you havent been shorted anything its something you didnt get before you get now that increases overall return im not sure what youre arguing about.

Back