Help-a-noob weekend

KP708

Old Alpha
Society
Terra Verde
Ok we all know weekends are the busiest time, and doubtless this weekend as always there will be lots of new players, many of whom will need assistance on their first arrival in game.:grouphug: :hug: :love:
:handgun: :sweat: [no not that]

So to try and encourage a spirit of noob-fostering, I thought some inspiration on how to help noobs would be useful.

Hence this thread. We need some good ideas on how to help a noob, so post an example of something you've done to help a noob, bask in the glory of adoration from your forum-mates, sit back and enjoy all the +rep and then watch while the 'noob' unveils an ML-45 and shoots you dead. Well hopefully not the last one.

So to start things off, I recently teamed up with a socmate and we took a noob from PA who had no TPs and ran with him to Billys, Phoenix and Zychion, while pointing out the excitement of killing snables and sabas on the way. We did take an unplanned detour via Nus Lull after running into more frogs (tripudiwhatsits) than we could handle, which probably didn't look especially impressive... But err we'll skip past that bit - we did complete the run, left one happy noob with some new TPs and could then spend the next week discussing frogs I have shot, and that one 20 ped combi young :silly2:

Not hugely original, so I'm sure you guys can come up with some better stories. Any mention of trails of fruit and pecs from PA to red pvp areas will be deleted...

Not much of a story, but this weekend I will be giving away any Pixie, or Goblin armor I come across. I'm currently hunting Corns on TI. I plan on moving over to Exa's after that. I'll probably hand them out at the Sweat Camp outpost.

-M

My way of helping Noobs is "spreading the love".

When I played slot machines I always put 10% or so of the winnings back in.... to respect the machine.:ahh:

Now I play EU, so when I global while solo hunting, if I see a noob while I'm still smiling, I'll cut him an Opalo and some ammo, or just a chunk of whatever I got. I always tell them to do the same when they eventually global, they always say they will.... can't be sure but hey, generosity shouldn't come with conditions attached:)

How I find out noob status is by listening to all chat and then making a bit of semi-investigative conversation of my own.... shan't give away too much, they'll be wise:)

Hurrikane

When I played slot machines I always put 10% or so of the winnings back in.... to respect the machine.:ahh:

Now I play EU, so when I global while solo hunting, if I see a noob while I'm still smiling, I'll cut him an Opalo and some ammo, or just a chunk of whatever I got. I always tell them to do the same when they eventually global, they always say they will.... can't be sure but hey, generosity shouldn't come with conditions attached:)

How I find out noob status is by listening to all chat and then making a bit of semi-investigative conversation of my own.... shan't give away too much, they'll be wise:)

Hurrikane

THIS is why you are at the top of my love list with the others ... too bad you have such a rockin' soc, because you epitomize all that JSA stands for, and more. I love your "pay it forward" attitude. :shower:

Aside from our annual Xmas give-a-way, throughout the year we spend time in various locations focusing and healing while new players sweat ... we also give away a lot of things like armor, weapons we've looted, or TT weapons with bullets to make an unsuspecting soul happy. We've done TP runs, created treasure hunts (although there will always be those non-n00bs who try to spoil it), and other things.

I think what we might do this weekend is ... gather up a few new players, run them to a remote location where there's not a lot of activity (and only low-level mobs), and then surprise them with some goodies and a nice little team hunt, all the while teaching them some ins and outs that might make their time in EU more fun. We love doing stuff like this, and we never announce where we're going for these little excursions so that it's a total surprise.

Nice thread KP ... +rep for your efforts my dear. :D

Hello all.

I've been playing for about a week now, and things like this are a great idea. I can see how some newbies could get discouraged playing this game at the beginning when you are trying to build levels. I am a non depositor so far and I understand how hard it is to start out. Things like this show new players a bigger picture of the world that is PE and gives them something to work towards. I have to say, my hats off to all of you.

This is a great idea. I've been helping Noobs out recently just like you guys. Normally I get like a group of 4 noobs and we start from PA and go off and get your basic TPs. And what I'll do is start a hunting team and I'll kill whatever it is that we come across and then that way not only do they get the tps but they also get some loot to help get them started.

Great idea. + Rep for you.

I started playing Entropia Universe yesterday or something, just trying to figure things out and learn the "basics". What I have come across that I like is that there always seem to be someone there that got some time to spare to help a new player out.
I have not yet made a deposit, since I want to get a grip of how everything works, and I believe that guys like you really helps the EU community.

Keep up the good work! ;)

Hurrikane

now thats a good example of real generosity.
i'm not really a rich guy of peds.
but i'm definatly rich @ kindness.
i usually use that to give some tips to newcomers :)

I just helped out a noob today, by doing the same thing I've been doing. Teleport runs, followed by team hunting in which they can get some loot. I also bought there sweat from them. One was really proud that he had 100 sweat so I gave him a Ped for it.

Hi all

At the EuTropian society, we hold daily runs for newcomers, and even more experience players. Most of the time of course, our groups consist of many many orange suits. Even though it must be the 35th time I run PA Billy's while explaining the team chat, I always find it fun;). You don't have to be rich to do that, just need to have a little half an hour to "give".

Hi all

At the EuTropian society, we hold daily runs for newcomers, and even more experience players. Most of the time of course, our groups consist of many many orange suits. Even though it must be the 35th time I run PA Billy's while explaining the team chat, I always find it fun;). You don't have to be rich to do that, just need to have a little half an hour to "give".

He's telling the truth, as just a few days ago he ran me lol. great guy, great guy.

Heyas

As of yet my own level of noob help has been limited as I've been often at my last ped till lately.. those globals go fast on reparing auction bought stuff... but I have not long ago on a snabble hunt with two soc mates... one a noob.. looted several Goblin male parts. and gave them all to our noob member. he was quite pleased. As well I have given what advice or aid I could and TRY to only kill a mob after it is dry or to try to aggro it off the sweater and onto me... helps when I'm in Shogun.. and armed with lots of cells and a good gun.I can tank for noobs at the swamp now.. and still get some loot.(still a noob myself). I do try though and have tossed a piece or two of armour for free or traded cheaply on sweat for some pixie to a noob wanting armour.I try to respect the cost and time of a good effort so ask mininal on sweat when I do trade.. 1k-1.5k for a full set fully repaired..
I think that is fair.. give them a fully repiared pixie for their efforts... makes them feel not taken advantage of. and respected for their efforts.

So what did I do to help a noob this weekend...well there I was in PA and someone was calling out 'selling ammo @ xxxx'

Selling ammo, I thought? That comes from the TT :scratch2:

'Where are you?' I said. I went to find them. 'How much?' '105%' was the reply. Hmm I thought - scammer. Better check though...

'No way 105%' I say. 'What about 95%?' they say. Hmmm I sense profit :D 'I'll take it all - how much do you have?' '85 cells'

Not much I think - I look again at the OJs. 'You know you can sell ammo at the TT?' 'No'

Oops - clearly another area the EU manuals are deficient. I proceeded to buy the lot @TT and explained how to TT unwanted ammo (clearly I hope)

For reporting this, apologies to the guy who sold me the ammo. It's an easy mistake to make when you are starting.:) But hope this helps someone else starting out:

If you have spare ammo you don't want, you can sell it to the TT for 100% of its value

I looked in the sticky guides and couldn't find anything that says how to sell stuff to the TT. And nothing on the official EU site guides either. So no link to a tutorial..:(

Back