Help with Calamusoid Mission "A Chip off the Old Block"

Ranavolana

Old Alpha
Society
Team Varyag
Louise Ranavolana Brooks
The Mission is "Henrietta wants you to find & bring her a blank Calamusoid Chip. Sector A1. So that she can help you gain access to the secret RDI Lab. I started this mission ages ago but got side tracked & now when I have returned to it, I don't know what to do.

I have a Blank Calamusoid Chip Sector A1. But when I return to Henrietta (L 67912, L 83073) she does not seem to want it - instead asks me "Have you completed the biometric signature"

I have no idea what this is or how to go about it. entropiawiki is no help. Could anybody here give me some advice on this :)

I believe you have to fill the chip by killing Calamusoid's. Once full you can sell for mu or use chip to access RDI Labs.

I have a Blank Calamusoid Chip Sector A1. But when I return to Henrietta (L 67912, L 83073) she does not seem to want it - instead asks me "Have you completed the biometric signature"
You need to loot the blank chip while mission is active then return to henrieta , if you have looted the chip before the mission it won't work and you have to loot another.

Thanks for info Gayne & MikeH. Looks like I did some missions out of order & yes looting chip before mission does not work.

I went back & killed Calumasoids & when I looted one I got the message to see Henrietta & gave me her location.
However, when I got there - she was only interested in Calumasoid DNA from another Mission Load & Unlock.
Went back & completed Mission,Load & Unlock, killed the required quantity of Calumsoids to get biometric signatures & visited Henrietta again - This time both missions were now available to select: Load & Unlock is repeatable. The other one I handed over blank chip & it is now a Profiled chip - gave me location of secret Lab & how 2 get to sector A1 & what to do.
It showed location of Secret Lab - which I was not able to access, (I spent ages wandering around that hill not realising that the location was under my feet) it also showed location of Radar that had 2 be jammed from another mission. And much more importantly it showed how to access that secret lab (but it did not identify it as such).
In the instance lab gate opened & I went till I came to lift to Sector A1.
I could not access the lift as only a team could do so.
Which is just as well as the chips can be used only once & what was at Sector A1 is apparently far above my ability to kill. And beyond my ped balance even if I could.

So, I have a Profiled Chip which apparently is marketable but no way I can use it till I am a lot stronger & can organise a team.

If you would like to have a look inside RDI labs, you can make a team and be alone in it. Use the lift and have a look around. The Profiled chip is not consumed upon entry, it will be used later in the instance but, yes the mobs are very tough down there.

Don't forget to close the team again before you hunt, we can't loot mobs if we're alone in a team.
There's also a channel for RDI, do a /listchannels RDI and you will find it. There you can find other players wanting to make teams for RDI.

North of Fort Medusa Swamp we can also hunt the Tezla waveevent where we can loot the Lock Capacitor. The Lock Capacitor is used far inside RDI labs to open a door where the Tezla pet can be tamed.

Last edited:
Back