Hi Everyone New to Calypso and Looking for a Mentor

Farsight

Mature
Anubis Sethos Farsight
I am new to Calypso as the Title suggests.

I am a seasoned MMO player with a long list of playing from 1996 onwards, so i understand mechanics and how things work in general.

A little about my intentions as a player:

I am looking to deposit once and only once and become self sufficient from there on.

I would like to learn about trading especially as this is my favourite part of MMO's, that and crafting, mining, gathering, and trading. Would love to buy some land eventually and set up business.

I'm open to all types of play but above is essential for me to survive here and hopefully prosper and return the favour to my mentor eventually.

I play during GMT time and play late into the night often.

I will be on as much as i can manage, with the potential to play more once my house move is sorted properly!

I'm easy going and a keen learner and love to help others achieve their goals, so perhaps not just a mentor but potentially a business partner/friend (if possible not essential).

Anyways, if any of you kind mentors fancy giving me a hand to start out i would greatly appreciate it and welcome the knowledge.

Thanks in advance!

Anubis Sethos Farsight

Last edited:
Wellcome to EU :)

I am accepting disciples and would be a pleasure to have you as my disciple if you are interested.

I am here from 2005 and in the last years I gained experience in all activities of the game, at this moment I am mostly a miner and an hunter, I was owner of a successfully mothership providing space travels service and am owner of a Biodome at FOMA and a Land Area. I see you might be interested in buying a land too so I can help in taking decisions o that side too.

You can find me on Mentor register, my ingame name is Giuliano adm Noooo.

I am italian and speak english quite well.

Giuliano

Welcome to EU!

Giuliano should be a good mentor for you indeed :)
Seems you have the same interests as him. I suggest to become his disciple.

Good luck and maybe we meet in world :wtg:

Besides that, can you tell us how you heard about Calypso?

Thanks Giuliano it sounds like we will get along fine. I should hopefully be able to get on this weekend so will add you as a friend etc when ingame. Look forward to speaking to you and becoming your disciple!

Thanks for the prompt reply and warm welcome too the community seems great here!

I actually first heard about Arkadia, from a friend who was reading PC gamer it was advertised in there. I joined Arkadia and found that it was a very fun game to start with, but fealt a bit lost when it came to starting out after the tutorial, not to mention the limited edition Alianware car type vehicle was very buggy lol.

Although i had some basics i couldnt see anyway to make any further progress without depositing. There seemed to be no market for sweating on this planet and trading would be difficult without some start up capital. I then read into the other planets and found Calypso had been around alot longer and you have land deeds and all sorts which appeals to my playstyle much more.

So then i joined Calypso and wow, not to knock Arkadia as it is still great, but the whole entry to the game, newbie quests, actual instruction and community was far more suited to my needs.

So here i am Calypso my new home and hopefully place of my future gaming for years to come :)

I look forward to meeting you all ingame.

I will be trading lots so i'm sure we will come across eachother at some point!

welcome to the fold, old boy. I was about to offer my services, as a UK based player but my good man Giuliano has beaten me to it and I'm no poacher ^^;

Best of luck with your endeavours, Giuliano is an excellent mentor, you are in good hands.

Thanks for the offer! If i could have 2 mentors i would haha! I will add you as a friend if thats ok? Extra advice is always welcome :)

Thanks for the welcome too! Be good to have some UK players ingame to talk to too :)

Last edited:
Back