• Below 100x

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

miathan

Alpha
Society
Rangers
Alindrina Alli Golden
Been a lot of discussions lately about bad returns.
One explanation for this is that high multis account for a fair bit of your returns. If you hunt a bit higher HP mobs it means you need insane PED cycle and bankroll before you hit your expected TT%.
For the big players it doesn't matter as much, in the long run you will get your expected returns (just based on RNG). But for the more casual players this can hurt a lot.
You can of course be lucky and hit "big" but do we really want this game to be a lottery?

The question is mainly about hunting but the same goes for crafting and mining so I put it as a general question.

I like big multis. With that I accept that sometimes things can be brutal.
We need to better educate our disciples and each other on the importance of bankroll management. 100 mobs, 1000 mobs, sometimes even 10k mobs doesn't always give us favourable returns. The constant threads on this forum is a testament to the fact that many experienced players still do not fully understand the scale of the RNG machine.
Just yesterday I had a friend quit because he lost everything taking on mayhem mobs when he should of been shooting vixens. He didn't have the bankroll to recover his losses, he was a low depo player, and he made a risky decision. Shame to see him go.

Problem is bank roll. You have to be able to grind out through the bad times.

MA need to dump a load of UL high eff account bound items so more can afford to cycle longer and upgrade their gear adding more progression to the game and so traders/big budget players can't manipulate the market and charge $9000 for 50dps weapons...

Then introduce some harder more team based mobs. Where you have to be at your computer to kill and move around.

Bring back the community.

Just so you know, there are a lot of players in this game that dont even count the tt in and out. They just run for the fame, hof's ath's. After all the orange juice is in all of us. )
Another thing about your post should be......why do you even started such a discussion since you havent had any multipliers and you dont even know how it is to loose lots of peds. Polls like this are just useless.

Last edited:
With how the general level of understanding and quality of posts look around here, I'm sure there will be quite some votes interpreting this as "loots above 2000 PED"

MA need to dump a load of UL high eff account bound items
Account bound items? The biggest stupidity ever to desire such things. You invest for example for a mod viceroy, which is great, 9k or so and you end up selling it for tt for lest than 50% tt.

Just yesterday I had a friend quit because he lost everything taking on mayhem mobs when he should of been shooting vixens. He didn't have the bankroll to recover his losses, he was a low depo player, and he made a risky decision. Shame to see him go.
This is the problem. Cat 1 in mayhem is very easy to do but still a 640 HP and already there the bankroll is quite large to sustain.
Maybe introduce Cat -10 in mayhem with 20 HP mobs :D

This is the problem. Cat 1 in mayhem is very easy to do but still a 640 HP and already there the bankroll is quite large to sustain.
Maybe introduce Cat -10 in mayhem with 20 HP mobs :D
I liked what MA did for migration last year. Gave the newbies and lower cycle players a sense of involvement and introduced them to some markup in the way of boxes. They could easily do the same thing for mayhem. Merry Snargs didn’t count as they didn’t drop tokens and it wasn’t in a mayhem arena.

A bit sad to see the number of votes on "Above 2000x". Thought this game wasn't supposed to be gambling or lottery...
Guess I have to stick to punnies :D

Would it be an option to have areas with lower "volatility"? Where you could still hunt "bigger stuff" but on a smaller bankroll. More stable returns but also no opportunity to hit big. Then it would be up to the player to choose.

Id say its fine how is now. Higher multi will just create more frustration for low budget players.

Last edited:
Highest multi during mayhem was a single150x , 2nd highest 50x, no 4 digit hof since FFA mayhem, i'm not the biggest player and I don't afk hunt 22 hours a day but I can cycle 15-20k in a single day if i'm in the mood. TT returns pretty stable even during this period, less than 2% below expected which is par for the course without a multi but it's really boring in the moment so for lower budget/ev player I can imagine such a run is even less enjoyable to the point of making tilted forum threads.

Back