Question: Hit ability

Fjolla

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Runar Fjolla Tvalfager
I recently reached lvl 80 hit on laser rifles and i did some testing on how much i actually hit the target now. I shot exactly 4000 times, and 3231 of those where hits giving a hit ratio of 80.775%. Afaik it should be closer to 90% hits at lvl 80 and those 80% should be what i hit as a fresh noob.

I would like to hear peoples opinions on this! Also would be nice if some of you want to try this and post info here. (both with maxed L guns and old school guns at different lvls)

subscribing ...................

Subsrcibing...

Can you please make some Inet connectivity Test ?

You seems to miss a lot lol ...

EDIT: Also were you using attachments ( laser, scope )

You should get HA ratio 90% with attachments already ^^

Were these counted manually?

What was your damage range of the hits?

Were you amped?

Were you scoped/sighted?

Subscribing (far from your levels, can't test for you :).

my understanding is, that even with 100 skill you will miss from time to time. But as a skill of 1 doesn't mean you miss 9 from 10 shots, I agree, you should hit siginificant more than 80% of your shots.

Is that actual hits ... does it account for lost hits due to poor aim or server lag +more.
I know thats hard one to reply 2 as there are many environmental factors in game that contribute to this invloving mob movement, terrain and darkness to mention a few.
Whats weaps what amps?
They only way to really check this would to be a video account scrutinizing the above factors and perhaps some other issues such as evade and dodge levels (to think of some) that appear to impact upon hit.

Subsrcibing...

Can you please make some Inet connectivity Test ?

You seems to miss a lot lol ...

I have 24/2 Mbit inet conn. (max), and it's usually around 18-19/1. (18.78/0.92 atm)

1: Were these counted manually?

2: What was your damage range of the hits?

3: Were you amped?

4: Were you scoped/sighted?

1: Yes, i did count each mob at the time and then put them all together.

2: Dunno, didn't think of it.

3: Yes

4: Yes, 2x Seizzt 2000L+ sights and one Seizzt 1950RS scope (fully repaired)

hmm was it a mob where you would need to switch a lot on between gun & fap? I seem to miss a lot more the moment I switch, never did the actual count though

All I can say is that using my maxed sword, I notice each miss - I do notice I hit 'most' of the time. But similarly, I don't log the damage.

1: Yes, i did count each mob at the time and then put them all together.

2: Dunno, didn't think of it.

3: Yes

4: Yes, 2x Seizzt 2000L+ sights and one Seizzt 1950RS scope (fully repaired)

Okay, well, unless you have damage distribution, it's hard to make a correct judgment (e.g. the damage distribution might compensate for the hits not made).

Also, if you were to repeat this experiment:

skills (TT) gained?
try unscoped
try unamped
try different scopes (j/h/h for example)
how were you counting? (after you had done each mob?)
were you being fapped?
did you account for armor decay? (maybe the mobs hit you less too)
what percentage were criticals?

Hello there, i made this little experimental tool, if you'd like to try it out.
http://lost.kapsi.fi/cail/eustats/

How to use the parser:
1) Make sure you don't have old chat.log in your C:\Program Files\Entropia Universe (if you do, delete it (gonna do something about it later to get only a piece of the log file so you don't need to delete it always)).
2) Go in game, check your weapons TT before the hunt (write it down, you can write it in my stats calculator).
3) Before you start your hunt, make sure chat logging is enabled from Options.
4) Hunt. !IMPORTANT! Use the same weapon all the time if you want accurate readings, using different weapons will mess it up, also, try to shoot the mob and not the sky to get more accurate miss %
5) After you end your hunt, disable chat logging from the options (you can do this if your weapon breaks and you use another one to finish up the hunt).
6) Go to http://lost.kapsi.fi/cail/eustats/ and select your used weapon (+ amp if one was used), fill in startTT and endTT, and optionally, markup for weapon and amp.
7) Use the fileupload form at the bottom of the page to select chat.log and press "send"

Notes:
- It's not necessary to input start TT if you start off with a full gun, in this case max TT is used, same goes for end TT and min TT.
- You don't need to input amp start/end TT for this one, it will all be calculated using weapons decay. (at the moment)
- If you don't input markup, 100% will be used.
- It only works with english localization at the moment.

Example of the statistics it gives you: http://lost.kapsi.fi/cail/eustats/?act=parseExample
That example was parsed from my 16k ammo hunt on Boorum with H400(L) + A103.

Disclaimer: This tool is still very experimental and there are many factors that can affect the outcome of this parser.

Problem is, what we know about HA and hit ratio are only guesses & experiments of players, MA never said anything officially on it.

I hope you counted wrong. Maybe try a support case, who knows :D

IMO the game is bugged in regard to hits/misses. I miss more than I should as well. I miss if I fire too quickly after the weapon is equipped (equipped means it's name is displayed). I often miss at the moment the mob is turning towards me after I first shoot it. I miss more when a mob has just reached me and is in the process of stopping. I tend to start missing if I fire many times without otherwise moving. Sometimes I just start missing for no apparent reason and will miss indefinitely until I move my avatar. And probably a few other scenarios I am not thinking of at the moment... :rolleyes:

i've missed a huge amount of shots since i started EU. recently, i changed ISP and things improved dramatically.

i made some tests using the chat log file to count the number of actual hits (i used wingrep to filter the log file), and using the amps decay (3 amps in 3 different weapons) to count the total number of shots.

results were 90% hit ratio with maxed weapons, and 2% crit ratio (the experiment sample size was around 10k shots, don't remember exactly).

however, it does not always work so well, sometimes i still have more misses than that, probably in areas where my fps get down from 80 to 5 without reason, or maybe due to server-side load, dunno. at least, now i'm confident that my ISP works as it should, and i don't systematically miss 20% all the time, as it was before.

i've missed a huge amount of shots since i started EU. recently, i changed ISP and things improved dramatically.

i made some tests using the chat log file to count the number of actual hits (i used wingrep to filter the log file), and using the amps decay (3 amps in 3 different weapons) to count the total number of shots.

results were 90% hit ratio with maxed weapons, and 2% crit ratio (the experiment sample size was around 10k shots, don't remember exactly).

however, it does not always work so well, sometimes i still have more misses than that, probably in areas where my fps get down from 80 to 5 without reason, or maybe due to server-side load, dunno. at least, now i'm confident that my ISP works as it should, and i don't systematically miss 20% all the time, as it was before.

I tried this method and on the test run (5709 shots) with a maxed weapon had a 87.4% hit rate and 1.77% crit rate. Hit rate with a maxed weapon is supposed to be 92.5%, so I'm losing 5% of what I spend into never never land. :mad:

I'll do more tests. I'd be interested in what hit rates others are getting (and what country they live in).

These tests to be relevant in any way should be done on same type of mob. I am convinced that all mobs have an evade/dodge level that affects our hit rate. Is too difficult to prove, so I will just trust the system for working the way it does. If at the end of the hunt you are happy, is all that matters.

These tests to be relevant in any way should be done on same type of mob. I am convinced that all mobs have an evade/dodge level that affects our hit rate. Is too difficult to prove, so I will just trust the system for working the way it does. If at the end of the hunt you are happy, is all that matters.

Ok, maybe, and if it does matter, my test was on low level drones. It doesn't get much lower level than that, and I was using a maxed weapon. So I'm not happy.

Hello there, i made this little experimental tool, if you'd like to try it out.
http://lost.kapsi.fi/cail/eustats/

How to use the parser:
1) Make sure you don't have old chat.log in your C:\Program Files\Entropia Universe (if you do, delete it (gonna do something about it later to get only a piece of the log file so you don't need to delete it always)).
2) Go in game, check your weapons TT before the hunt (write it down, you can write it in my stats calculator).
3) Before you start your hunt, make sure chat logging is enabled from Options.
4) Hunt. !IMPORTANT! Use the same weapon all the time if you want accurate readings, using different weapons will mess it up, also, try to shoot the mob and not the sky to get more accurate miss %
5) After you end your hunt, disable chat logging from the options (you can do this if your weapon breaks and you use another one to finish up the hunt).
6) Go to http://lost.kapsi.fi/cail/eustats/ and select your used weapon (+ amp if one was used), fill in startTT and endTT, and optionally, markup for weapon and amp.
7) Use the fileupload form at the bottom of the page to select chat.log and press "send"

Notes:
- It's not necessary to input start TT if you start off with a full gun, in this case max TT is used, same goes for end TT and min TT.
- You don't need to input amp start/end TT for this one, it will all be calculated using weapons decay. (at the moment)
- If you don't input markup, 100% will be used.
- It only works with english localization at the moment.

Example of the statistics it gives you: http://lost.kapsi.fi/cail/eustats/?act=parseExample
That example was parsed from my 16k ammo hunt on Boorum with H400(L) + A103.

Disclaimer: This tool is still very experimental and there are many factors that can affect the outcome of this parser.

How does it know if we missed? that information isn't logged in the chat log is it? Where are you getting the miss information from?

I 100% agree here as well, after all they do have attributes why wouldn't they have a basic set of skills behind it depending on the mob types. It can be tested if we look for 2 mobs with opposite attributes and run the test everyone is doing here. Pick one with High agility and one with low agility and the same maturity. The person conducting the test should take a posse with them to kill all other maturities.

How does it know if we missed? that information isn't logged in the chat log is it? Where are you getting the miss information from?

The chat log records all chat, thus all hits. The app uses weapon decay to determine how many times you shot.

How can you tell, that this is the right number of hits?!
Even with the log it does not really tell you if due to lag you did not hit and got the ammo back afterwards.
Can remember a few updates ago the lag was so horrible and the ammo count went up and down all the time, one could not really tell if it was a real hit or not. Happens way less often now and I rarely notice it, but it still occurs.
Also not sure if that ammo gets added to the main stack or the loot stack.

Interesting that you think that. Even without proof at this point, your amount of hunting experience puts weight behind your thoughts.

If mob's evade level works similar to ava's evade level (hit prof - evader prof lvl determines hitrate), it should be pretty easy to test, really. Just have someone who barely maxed an opalo test hitrate versus someone with very high hit profession, both using opalo. Test on a few different mobs as well.

I'd been thinking this myself for a while also but without anything to prove it I just put it down to me being hit more and therefore affecting my hit ability.

In my mind there is definitely a difference in my hit rate between maturities of mobs but like i say I had assumed me being hit had an effect too.

How can you tell, that this is the right number of hits?!
Even with the log it does not really tell you if due to lag you did not hit and got the ammo back afterwards.
Can remember a few updates ago the lag was so horrible and the ammo count went up and down all the time, one could not really tell if it was a real hit or not. Happens way less often now and I rarely notice it, but it still occurs.
Also not sure if that ammo gets added to the main stack or the loot stack.

Yes, I've seen that. I watched my ammo during this test and at no time did it rise or not decrease in qty when I shot. And it doesn't matter which stack the ammo is in, it shows up in the hud. Also my fps stayed above 60 at all times, with a few exceptions of ~1 sec screen locks when other avatars show up on the radar, at which time I am not able to shoot, so that is irrelevant.

Interesting that you think that. Even without proof at this point, your amount of hunting experience puts weight behind your thoughts.

If mob's evade level works similar to ava's evade level (hit prof - evader prof lvl determines hitrate), it should be pretty easy to test, really. Just have someone who barely maxed an opalo test hitrate versus someone with very high hit profession, both using opalo. Test on a few different mobs as well.

Actual tests with real numbers are much, much more useful than "feelings".

. And it doesn't matter which stack the ammo is in, it shows up in the hud.

Thats not entirely true.

The looted ammo will add to the stack untill you get down to using that stack,once you get to that stack the looted ammo will start another stack and it will do this over and over if your looted stacks are big enough to cover atleast one round and therefore allowing you to move onto that stack.

I've had many occasions were my hud shows 0 ammo but I've had 4 or 5 stacks that are lower than the ammo use of the gun and therefore it says you are out of ammo but as soon as you combine the stacks you have a couple more shots.

Thats not entirely true.

The looted ammo will add to the stack untill you get down to using that stack,once you get to that stack the looted ammo will start another stack and it will do this over and over if your looted stacks are big enough to cover atleast one round and therefore allowing you to move onto that stack.

I've had many occasions were my hud shows 0 ammo but I've had 4 or 5 stacks that are lower than the ammo use of the gun and therefore it says you are out of ammo but as soon as you combine the stacks you have a couple more shots.

Yes, I know this, I didn't think it needed to be mentioned since it only happens when you are nearly out of ammo. It's an irrelevant exception for over 99% of the hunt.

Actual tests with real numbers are much, much more useful than "feelings".

Yes, ofc, though nobody said anything about "feelings." I said "thoughts" and Blackhawk said "convinced." I've noticed Blackhawk takes a very thoughtfull approach to EU, and obviously has a massive well of experience.

If nothing else, it at leasts suggests routes for useful testing.

Yes, ofc, though nobody said anything about "feelings." I said "thoughts" and Blackhawk said "convinced." I've noticed Blackhawk takes a very thoughtfull approach to EU, and obviously has a massive well of experience.

If nothing else, it at leasts suggests routes for useful testing.

I am convinced thinking that is how it should be. I have no proof that it is so and I do not know it is so. I noticed at times a difference in hit rate from mob to mob, but then again, I never experienced to see if is true or just in my head. So at this point, is just a feeling.

If someone can think of a test and has the patience to go on with it, would be nice to see the results. But I am too lazy to do it, and I trust the numbers at the end of the day. If is in profit, is good. If is in minus is bad. I don't care if I miss 50% of the shots if I make profit in the end.

Back