HL8 unl

I wouldn't hunt any of the big maturities of the mobs you listed above with hl8 UL unless I either want to get frustrated really fast or have a good armor for them.

Sitram

Heh, good point. Aurli with HL8, it's like doing Ambuli with P5a... even if your evade is high and decay is low, regen is still high, and killing one takes couple minutes which is boring as hell.

Heh, good point. Aurli with HL8, it's like doing Ambuli with P5a... even if your evade is high and decay is low, regen is still high, and killing one takes couple minutes which is boring as hell.

Aurli weak, watcher, soldier and strong are no problems what so ever with a HL8 and im not even level 30 evader.

Im not saying the HL8 is a eco-machine, just look at my horrible experience on argonauts, its in the hunting-section somewhere. All i can say is that i dont loose much more cash when im on Crystal Palace, so as soon as im done with the 100 runs on argonauts, im moving back to space.. Cause on the contrary what you say, its fun like hell on CP.

Aurli weak, watcher, soldier and strong are no problems what so ever with a HL8 and im not even level 30 evader.

Truth be told, Strong and especially Alpha are a bit boring indeed, other than that it's ok.

Cause on the contrary what you say, its fun like hell on CP.

One of the most funny experiences I had in this game was plowing the dome2 with another ava (someone from m2s, can't remember the name now), trying to get all the mobs to the turret. (and no, there was no one else in the dome at that time). Funny as hell :)

I am an owner of an UL HL8 and I have been using it while camping ithaca or cp. It indeed is great for those places (cp dome 1/2). however, kreltin alpha is a bit to big for it, at least when using only gremlin+5b. unless you have 200 hp. sure, they are doable, but an eco risk. Aurli strong is no problem at all.

I´d put it somewhere at +25k or so. The thing is that I don´t think that buyers see the greatness of this weapon. I didn´t before I bought it, but now I know what it is capable of :)

Have been skilling from lvl 45 to 61 now, without a single deposit. And now I would like to upgrade. so please Mindark, add some more UL HL12/14´s.

I´d put it somewhere at +25k or so. The thing is that I don´t think that buyers see the greatness of this weapon. I didn´t before I bought it, but now I know what it is capable of :)

You do know there is also an (L) variant with exactly the same stats? ;)

If you are looking to buy, buy soon. If you are looking to sell, take your time. This applies to most weapons right now though...

By saying that i dont think you see the overall direction MA is taking EU... More and more mobs will have regen and new mobs are beyond the HL8 so the future value of the gun will only drop and not rise.. especially with the L counterpart doomed much like the hl6 with mobs getting stronger and gun strength remaining the same.

thing is, will the droprate be like that tomorrow ? in 2 weeks ? in 2 month ?

By saying that i dont think you see the overall direction MA is taking EU... More and more mobs will have regen and new mobs are beyond the HL8 so the future value of the gun will only drop and not rise.. especially with the L counterpart doomed much like the hl6 with mobs getting stronger and gun strength remaining the same.

Ok, one more time.
The HL8 does not have problems on mobs with regen.

However, i agree that most of the new mobs are to powerfull to be hunted efficently. But then again, if you want a gun powerfull enough to solo Letomie Provider, thats not a very good gun to hunt argonauts, atrax, longu, armax or whatever medium mob you decide to hunt.

The HL8 is a gun aimed towards mid-mobs.
Big argos, small CP-mobs, small furor, small fresc, small atrox and so on.

If you want to solo a chomper, araneatrox or whatever ofcourse you shouldnt use a HL8, who would?

But then again, you dont go hunting argonauts with a HL18 even if its superb vs big Aurlis...

thing is, will the droprate be like that tomorrow ? in 2 weeks ? in 2 month ?

odds point to yes.. MA is pushing (L) goods as the way of the future. Somehow cant see them suddenly stopping drops and making UL more significant again. MA is trying to make a more fluid EU where elite items are available to all. This is especially needed with the new planets and an abundance (possibly) of players joining.

Ok, one more time.
The HL8 does not have problems on mobs with regen.

However, i agree that most of the new mobs are to powerfull to be hunted efficently. But then again, if you want a gun powerfull enough to solo Letomie Provider, thats not a very good gun to hunt argonauts, atrax, longu, armax or whatever medium mob you decide to hunt.

The HL8 is a gun aimed towards mid-mobs.
Big argos, small CP-mobs, small furor, small fresc, small atrox and so on.

If you want to solo a chomper, araneatrox or whatever ofcourse you shouldnt use a HL8, who would?

But then again, you dont go hunting argonauts with a HL18 even if its superb vs big Aurlis...

Yes its good for those mobs right now. but mob stats/abilities can change.. gun stats wont. It will never become insignificant but its significance and price will drop.

odds point to yes.. MA is pushing (L) goods as the way of the future. Somehow cant see them suddenly stopping drops and making UL more significant again. MA is trying to make a more fluid EU where elite items are available to all. This is especially needed with the new planets and an abundance (possibly) of players joining.

IMO the odds point to no, and the gun will be much broader available in the future, one day replacing the HL6 in terms of availability. Especially when the dollar declines even more.

well, yes? but at current markup i wouldn't constant profit.
I'd rather pay +25k for a weapon and hunt hardcore without depositing than doing 25k ped worth of deposits a year just to pay for markups.

well, yes? but at current markup i wouldn't constant profit.
I'd rather pay +25k for a weapon and hunt hardcore without depositing than doing 25k ped worth of deposits a year just to pay for markups.

I'd pay markups. Because, you know, one type of gun limits your flexibility. ;) With limiteds I can go hunt big or small stuff every day or even do something else. And profit.

I'd pay markups. Because, you know, one type of gun limits your flexibility. ;) With limiteds I can go hunt big or small stuff every day or even do something else. And profit.

Aah.. Yes i forgot...

When you own a unlimited gun you are forbidden to buy (L) weapons.
Therefor we who own a UL weapon cant go and buy a HL15(L) and blast away.

Difference is, when we hunt small, we dont pay the markup.

Now swallow your bitterness over your bad deal with the Korss.
I made a bad deal with the HL8 and lost 10k+ on 2 months, but still i dont trash other peoples salesthreads claiming they hold to high prices.

Last edited:
It's going a bit off-topic I think.

I wouldnt be so confident to suggest MA will increase the availability of the L hl8. Or no more small-low medium mobs will be created. MA still seem to be experimenting with their L system. Tiger L was dropping alot, now it's not, perhaps middle level L guns will slow in their droprate.

so why do you even care abou the price of this and other unL weapons?

Now swallow your bitterness over your bad deal with the Korss.

oh, i see. :laugh:

Back