Status
the servers are with MA, not sure if that was the case before, but:

[Owner of domain name]
SEE Digital Studios AB
Järntorget 8
Göteborg, 41304
SE

http://whois.domaintools.com/planetcalypsoforum.com

That shows "SEE Digital Studios AB" as the owner of the domain name.

The nameservers have a mindark.com address. Nameservers only point the domain name to a physical server/ip address.

Last I knew, the forum was being hosted on 711's servers, and administered by him.

So we have SEE as the apparent registered owner of the domain name, mindark nameservers, and the actual forum on 711's hardware...

This forum will not be closed down.

Like the Planet Calypso itself, this forum has moved back into the hands of MA.

No it's NOT an official MA forum, it's still a Planet Calypso Forum.

Things are still being run as they were. As far as the (active) forum staff is concerned, it's business as usual.

Were you told this by MA, or 711? Because I haven't seen that stated by anyone official, anywhere.

That shows "SEE Digital Studios AB" as the owner of the domain name.

The nameservers have a mindark.com address. Nameservers only point the domain name to a physical server/ip address.

Last I knew, the forum was being hosted on 711's servers, and administered by him.

So we have SEE as the apparent registered owner of the domain name, mindark nameservers, and the actual forum on 711's hardware...

So as SEE owns domain name does that mean it could be turned into anything they like at any point? One day could go to this site and it is selling Nigerian Sandals or something lol?

Could they (SEE) for instance just take the forum down at any point?

Thats what i was kinda trying to ask in OP in a roundabout way, just seems a bit odd that MA refuse to post here and they run planet calypso atm. With no official posting here i just wonder if this forum is still feasable with SEE owning the domain.

I'm not trying to stir the pot, more point out/figure out what could happen if disagreement between MA/SEE worsens over IP rights.

No biggy i guess but many people have blogs etc here that they may be upset if they lose (Strash for instance).

Last edited:
I'll end up using both this one and still monitor ef. In the long run which ever is more active and accurate will be my main.

So as SEE owns domain name does that mean it could be turned into anything they like at any point? One day could go to this site and it is selling Nigerian Sandals or something lol?

Could they (SEE) for instance just take the forum down at any point?

Thats what i was kinda trying to ask in OP in a roundabout way, just seems a bit odd that MA refuse to post here and they run planet calypso atm. With no official posting here i just wonder if this forum is still feasable with SEE owning the domain.

I'm not trying to stir the pot, more point out/figure out what could happen if disagreement between MA/SEE worsens over IP rights.

No biggy i guess but many people have blogs etc here that they may be upset if they lose (Strash for instance).

Whoever owns/controls the domain name can point it wherever they want.

But I just posted what is seen on registration webpages, and what that means. I don't know what could be going on behind the scenes.

And it seems MA does not want to comment on this issue much.

This is all discussed in MANY other places. I'll just stick to the forum portion atm, since that is the focus of this thread.

As I understand it, MA took back the ingame property and this forum. To my understanding FPC/SDS staff are currently without employment.

MA never stated that FPC/SDS are without employment. They`ve just said the staff wasn`t hired by MA.

It doesn`t mean SEE stopped working on Planet Micheal or Universal monsters or that they`ve fired their staff.

My take: SEE is doing pretty well working on Planet Micheal and will most likely release that planet on their own platform. Marco is leading that development and most likely to be the one to create a second RCE rival platform. ;)

SEE just didn`t see much point in paying some extra 5mil for Planet Calypso. They`d rather put them into Planet Micheal development. This is how I see it.

All the forums are making me dizzy. Some are posturing for attention or dominace, however most have nothing but news bot info and no real posts. One or 2 forums would be nice again. Why did I post this :silly2:

Last edited:
All the forums are making me dizzle. Some are posturing for attention or dominace, however most have nothing but news bot info and no real posts. One or 2 forums would be nice again. Why did I post this :silly2:

It's true.. there are way too many forums...

I guess its time to leave this forum and go elsewhere...

Quastion is where ?
What forum is owned by player , will not be sold at next updtae , and speak about all planet , with a staff that is abel to manage it ?

Quastion is where ?
What forum is owned by player , will not be sold at next updtae , and speak about all planet , with a staff that is abel to manage it ?

EF? :)

msg 2 short

This is all discussed in MANY other places. I'll just stick to the forum portion atm, since that is the focus of this thread.

As I understand it, MA took back the ingame property and this forum. To my understanding FPC/SDS staff are currently without employment.

Either the people are employed by SEE/SDS/FPC or some derivative, or they are not staff. There can be various regulations regarding laying-off staff, but those people would be still employed but not currently occupied or paid.

Unexpectedly losing one's employment is usually not an enjoyable experience and I hope that the affected persons outcome is good one, be it in conjunction with continued development of Entropia or elsewhere.

Quastion is where ?

When the price is right everything is for sale.
Having said that I do believe that entropiaplanets.com seems to be a reliable forum :yup:

I have to say 711 was in his right to sell the forum, BUT if the plan was re-building EF a few months later... It's not cool you know.

We have become this:

images

Way to screw up an awesome community.

When the price is right everything is for sale.
Having said that I do believe that entropiaplanets.com seems to be a reliable forum :yup:

Thank you Pirx. We have no hidden agendas and we are definitely not for sale. And no, not everything is for sale - it's a matter of a persons moral and ethics.

EntropiaPlanets is privately own and will stay like that. That we have a close cooperation with Planet Partners doesn't mean we are for sale - but only means that they also rely in us as a forum where they can provide the community with information (and without having to pay for it!!) - as we are also doing a lot to advertise their planets through articles and interviews, but also the magazine.

You have my word, that in case anything goes wrong (not that I can see it should), it will stay privately owned or totally shut down - and one more important thing, the community will know up front and not when it already happened.

And yes, it might sound like a sales speech and I'm sorry about that - but to be frank, it seriously just beats me how people can forget the past and the greed dripping from it, when at least most of the members here have been 'hit' by it. Then again, doing what I'm doing and knowing I'm doing it for some people and PP who appreciates it, is enough for me.

Personally I don't have a problem being a member of a lot of forums, and I'm trying to be active on all of them as far as my limited time allows me - but I do have dignity and pride enough to stay away from 'some'.

And yes, it might sound like a sales speech and I'm sorry about that - but to be frank, it seriously just beats me how people can forget the past and the greed dripping from it, when at least most of the members here have been 'hit' by it. Then again, doing what I'm doing and knowing I'm doing it for some people and PP who appreciates it, is enough for me.

I don't understand why you are so mad about the old EF being sold and converted to a pure Calypso forum. It was the natural step when MA and FPC split up, because many of the FPC people was already seen as offical spokesmen in the forum and it was pretty much an "Calypso first forum" and MA did not have any attention to post in forums.

My guess is that MA have come to an understanding that they must communicate more with the playerbase, a lot of players have asked for this and this late "problem" with SEE have probably also made the need of communication channel with the players more obvious for them , so EF are now somekind of "semi-offical" forum for MA. But i agree, if EF yet again would be sold it would be an other matter.

I don't understand why you are so mad about the old EF being sold and converted to a pure Calypso forum. It was the natural step when MA and FPC split up, because many of the FPC people was already seen as offical spokesmen in the forum and it was pretty much an "Calypso first forum" and MA did not have any attention to post in forums.

My guess is that MA have come to an understanding that they must communicate more with the playerbase, a lot of players have asked for this and this late "problem" with SEE have probably also made the need of communication channel with the players more obvious for them , so EF are now somekind of "semi-offical" forum for MA. But i agree, if EF yet again would be sold it would be an other matter.

I am not mad about it being *sold* but mad because I and all the members wasn't notified up front. I signed up on EF when MindBuster was running it, and was there also when other planets was announced. If it was announced, that a Calypso forum was made, I would have signed up - but it would then have been MY choice. Yes, calypso was first - but would all members have been there, if they were asked, with the amount of forums? The whole way this was done was incredibly shady and that is what I dislike. Now EF is a 'semi-official' forum ... yet, the first people who signed up again (before MA used it) - signed up for an all-planet forum and not for an 'official' forum. History repeats itself.

@billairboy

So, Entropia Forum was mostly based on Planet Calypso, the only existing "planet" at the time, and therefor needed to be sold to PCF and converted to a Calypso Forum?

Or...

Neo saw a chance to make a quick buck by selling it out.

Hmmmm, let me think...

Yeah, clearly your point is valid.

Whatever happened to Entropia Reality? Is that still around?

@billairboy

So, Entropia Forum was mostly based on Planet Calypso, the only existing "planet" at the time, and therefor needed to be sold to PCF and converted to a Calypso Forum?

Or...

Neo saw a chance to make a quick buck by selling it out.

Hmmmm, let me think...

Yeah, clearly your point is valid.

Well, i don't have as good knowledge as some of you who runs what forum, but if someone created a forum (EF), why is it so bad if he can get some money for his or her work?

The forum was already a semi-offical forum for EU/Calypso, first MA members was posting there and later FPC took over when they split from MA. I agree, i would have prefered that it would have converted to a offical MA/EU forum for all EU and that FPC would have created their own forum, but at the sametime i understand the deal because of the already well knowed FPC members useing the forum.

The old Entropia Forum was basically a Planet Calypso forum. When it was created by Mindbuster there was only one planet.

Sale made sense. Database with all planet calypso material(along with the users) were sold to FPC who needed their own forum.

Entropia Forum started again as a forum for all planets. That`s the way I see it.

...to those saying customers are treated like sheep. Yes, that happens and it`s going on all over the world. You can either be honest about it and accept it or be a hypocrite and try to hide that it`s not the case.
Even the citizens of countries have been and are being negotiated as sheep/consumers(take European Union for eg). It`s a reality.

Calypso was sold to SEE and now it`s back in MA`s hands. I don`t see anyone complaining about that. Now we`ll most likely get another "owner" pretty soon.

p.s: Does anyone have a twitter or facebook account or google or youtube? You`re "sheep" to them also. They make money based on how many "sheep" they get. Youtube was also sold to google recently and all their users alongside with it. It happens all over the place. Online users are a valuable commodity these days.

The old Entropia Forum was basically a Planet Calypso forum. When it was created by Mindbuster there was only one planet.

Sale made sense. Database with all planet calypso material(along with the users) were sold to FPC who needed their own forum.

How quickly people forget and re-write history.

Entropia Forum was exactly that FORUM FOR ENTROPIA UNIVERSE.

There was ONLY ONE PLANET, Calypso, so yes had a lot of information that was about Calypso.

However, sweating , hunting, mining, etc... which were covered in many guides, an auction section, were/could be UNIVERSE WIDE.

That is the biggest point of contention for a lot of people, the information that had relevance beyond ONE SINGLE PLANET was included in the sale and sold to FPC with exclusive rights to it.

As the universe expanded, EF could have easily expanded to include the other planets, as is the case now with the new EF. The information on the old EF was not exclusive to Calypso.

It was a piss poor action and excuse to the action. I therefore will not be a part of the new EF. As the saying goes, fool me once, shame on you, fool be twice shame on me.

There certainly was a better way of doing it, and 711 blew it. When he decided to sell to an official entity, he should have gone to MA for one master forum rather than selling to one particular planet.

I still belive there should be ONE OFFICIAL ENTROPIA UNIVERSE FORUM, with each planet having a sub-forum of that main forum. EU is the franchise, and the planets are the individual stores. All should play a part in fees for the overall forum. For the customers they have just one place to go. But for all the marketing and PR people MA has, they don't know shit when it comes to putting it in action and really reaching the customer base and providing customer service.

I'm also for fan forums, because there one can be at more liberty to speak their mind.

Many forums are laid out in a way that is too complex. The old progamming term (KISS - keep it simple stupid or keep it super simple) is advice many don't understand. Rather than have the main forum LOADED with link upon link for sub-forums/threads, simplify it. Otherwise it's just plain noise.

How quickly people forget and re-write history.

Entropia Forum was exactly that FORUM FOR ENTROPIA UNIVERSE...

Agreed, How quickly people rewrite history or worse, pretend they were there when it happened and claim things happened differently than they did.

Entropia forum was for PROJECT ENTROPIA. One planet, under Marco, with liberty, justice, and gold goins in loot for all.

Agreed, How quickly people rewrite history or worse, pretend they were there when it happened and claim things happened differently than they did.

Entropia forum was for PROJECT ENTROPIA. One planet, under Marco, with liberty, justice, and gold goins in loot for all.

Truly the land of milk&honey. ;)

I was part of it (PE) back then different name/account. I was in few months, stopped playing, then came back after all the hype of when CND was sold. So I gave it (PE) a second go around.

It was talked about that Project Entropia even back in 03 I believe (but before my time), the intent was MANY PLANETS, and that WAS WELL KNOWN. A long with vehicles, flying ships, and other grandiose plans and dreams.

SO one planet, under Marco, no, not even close.

Last edited:
yep i am tired of changing forum again, and more than one is too much for me ( at least to post not read ). I hope this forum wil become official MA ( or whoever will be managing) forum for whole EU ( all planets sub forums ) to alow us contact with developers, and main place for most of comunity.

Ofc each planet has its own forum, but ppl sell /buy stuff also exchange knowledge about activities in main profesions here moslty.

The original contract governing the sale of the EF database and the creation of PlanetCalypsoForum was entered into with First Planet Company (FPC), and included a payment schedule. As with any other outstanding contract, the terms and liabilities of that contract were assumed by SDS when it acquired FPC from MindArk. As of the present, SDS has failed to fulfill its remaining financial obligations with regard to the FPC sales agreement.

The PlanetCalypsoForum website and database is and always has been in my possession, and is hosted on the same servers as EntropiaForum.com. At no point in time has any other company or entity (including SDS) had access to the forum database, and this will remain the case until the terms of the original sales agreement have been fulfilled.

As you no doubt know, MindArk has resumed control of all operations relating to Planet Calypso, and this includes PlanetCalypsoForum, Calypso's official community forum. I am in regular contact with MindArk representatives regarding PCF's current and future operation.

In brief: PCF will remain online as the official community forum for Planet Calypso, and there is no need for members to worry about the website being shut down, or any loss of forum threads or member data.

The original contract governing the sale of the EF database and the creation of PlanetCalypsoForum was entered into with First Planet Company (FPC), and included a payment schedule. As with any other outstanding contract, the terms and liabilities of that contract were assumed by SDS when it acquired FPC from MindArk. As of the present, SDS has failed to fulfill its remaining financial obligations with regard to the FPC sales agreement.

The PlanetCalypsoForum website and database is and always has been in my possession, and is hosted on the same servers as EntropiaForum.com. At no point in time has any other company or entity (including SDS) had access to the forum database, and this will remain the case until the terms of the original sales agreement have been fulfilled.

As you no doubt know, MindArk has resumed control of all operations relating to Planet Calypso, and this includes PlanetCalypsoForum, Calypso's official community forum. I am in regular contact with MindArk representatives regarding PCF's current and future operation.

In brief: PCF will remain online as the official community forum for Planet Calypso, and there is no need for members to worry about the website being shut down, or any loss of forum threads or member data.

This is great news :) ty for posting!

Nice one Neo, just with the announcement so much has been in the air somewhat, also with MA now posting on EF i thought it wise to bring this up.

Thanks for the clarification and may as well lock the thread now we know all is stable. Just if there was any doubt then may have been wise to start backing up data.

Cool Banana's

Dibbler

Yeah but why not put info like this on mainpage :confused: :)

Yeah but why not put info like this on mainpage :confused: :)

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but yes maybe would be a good idea imo.

So much speculation with the RT stuff, in game locks of miners, and MA/SDS/SEE debacle with no comment from up on high we really don't need more.

But i had to ask as we know jack about any of issues worrying people atm.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but yes maybe would be a good idea imo.

So much speculation with the RT stuff, in game locks of miners, and MA/SDS/SEE debacle with no comment from up on high we really don't need more.

But i had to ask as we know jack about any of issues worrying people atm.

Yeah and you did right...

And after i dont know how many threads and talk about the whole matter, here and on other sites i realy think it´s for the better for all with important information geting posted in clear wat were everyone will se it :)

Status
Back