Hmm..is the banned bots players back again?

Status

HarryBondHole

Stalker
Society
Art of War
Harry Bond Hole
Hmm..are the banned bots players back again?

Hi!

There were alot of players that got their accounts locked when it was discovered that they were using bots. I was hoping that MA would explain what was going to happen to those players, locked forever or just temporarily.

Well, I guess we will not get any explanation this time either. Guess what, their back. I met one of them at Nate's yesterday.....

No need to give out names here. I just wanted to know if anyone else had heard something about the bots situation.

For all new readers of this thread:

Marco has already responded to stop any potentially rumors. He told us that the investigation is not finished yet.

Last edited:
I haven't, but it sure is interesting! And yes, would be quite nice to know what will happen to the banned people. Also to show others what will happen if they do the same! Would make sence to me!

Lykke said:
I haven't, but it sure is interesting! And yes, would be quite nice to know what will happen to the banned people. Also to show others what will happen if they do the same! Would make sence to me!

Well, the avi I met was definately heavily involved in the bots scandal. I guess MA thought that the storm had settled now, and they've decided to let'em back ingame quitely..... I got a bad feeling in my stomach when I met this so-called uber.... :rolleyes:

maybe he was found innocent? :dunno:

a few of the guys who were banned had thousands of dollars worth of equipment so i wonder if they did get banned theyre will be some form of press realease :confused:

as far as I know, they're all back.

e-lite said:
as far as I know, they're all back.

Hmm, I wonder if MA will ever apply the EULA when it is uber players :dunno:

If n00bs did this then I'll bet they'd be banned forever. I hope there was SEVERE punishment if these players are allowed back.

If MA need a idea for punishment if banning is not going to happen then here is one:

Each player should have their highest single skill completely nerfed to 1 and their item that holds the highest market value stripped from them.

MA could then display them in a cabinet in a prominent place as a lesson to them and a warning to others :tongue2:

And NO they NEVER get them back.

Nevarna said:
a few of the guys who were banned had thousands of dollars worth of equipment so i wonder if they did get banned theyre will be some form of press realease :confused:

Maybe there are other interests involved, since they do not only have uber-valued-gear but also spend a LOT of money in EU (=adding lot of money into game) - and banning "customers" like that could be "bad-internal-business"!

if u do a crime, but serve the time, then the slate should be clean imo

wb peeps :)

what do you think about trial in court.
ofcourse MA won't ban ubers.

btw you are giving the answer on your own question your self.
they are just for some time bin locked.

and after a lot of thinking why do you have a problem with a hunt bot ?
if you hunt by doing it yourself or letting a bot do it.
if you lose on a hunt you lose if you win u win.

the loot the get stay's the same.

Maybe they are being given time to cash out and sell their items?

jonboy said:
Maybe they are being given time to cash out and sell their items?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :thumbup:

None of the ava that got locked were unbanned, and MA locked some of the wrong people aswell as not catching the worst bot abusers, stop posting stuff you know nothing about and starting new rumours

Tory said:
None of the ava that got locked were unbanned, and MA locked some of the wrong people aswell as not catching the worst bot abusers, stop posting stuff you know nothing about and starting new rumours

And you do know? In that case please explain what you know :)

Well, if they're all back I feel that the rest of us should at least get an explanation from MA. Right now I believe that the punishment they recieved was that they're accounts were locked for a couple of weeks. Maybe they recieved further punishment, but maybe we'll never know now.

I'm the perfect player for MA, with a fat RL pay check and a family with small children. I can't play as often as I'd like but I make some nice deposits to compensate for it. I'm not sharing the illusion that I'll ever make a nice profit in this game, I'm paying for entertainment. But I rather give my money to honest players than giving them to people that have been found guilty of cheating on the whole EU community. Hey, we all know what we feel about people using steroids in sports in order to reach the top.

This was MA opportunity to show that they're serious about cheating in EU. And maybe there will be an announcement soon. Untill that happens I'll have a bad feeling every time I meet these avatars.... :(

Tory said:

Well, they certainly locked some innocent avi's for sure, but the avi I saw yesterday was caught red handed on the scene of the "crime"(?). So I'm not starting some rumors, just stating some facts :)

I'm wondering if we will ever see any comments from Marco on this forum after the purchase by 711. Until now I think he was very quiet, therefore don't count on any answers to soon.
And the titled should be "banned bots are back"..:)

I know what i will do for sure if they didnt get any SEVERE punishents.. then i will go botting aswell.. i got enough carpal tunnel syndrome as it is.. and well if they were allowed to bot so am i :D

Not saying i'm botting now though :p

Harry"Bond"Hole said:
Well, they certainly locked some innocent avi's for sure, but the avi I saw yesterday was caught red handed on the scene of the "crime"(?). So I'm not starting some rumors, just stating some facts :)
Then he was never locked in first place, so u are starting rumours that locked people got unlocked which is not true, and you say they locked some innocent ava for sure yet you all condemn all the locked people, why you think no one can be bothered to make a comment

bond hole your not the perfect player.

throw your kid's and wife out on the street.
become as a real addict and put all your time in the game.
and all your money too.

and report evry thing u think people are using forbidden bot's program's or exploiding a bug.

be a real arse licker towards MA and then you are the perfect MA player.
so no be glad your not the perfect player.

Legion said:

And you do know? In that case please explain what you know :)

Yes i have a little insider information, i posted what i know already

well they got back in so can someone please send me this bot program as it must be ok to use lol :rolleyes:

MAs lack of action means either they cannot prove anything or they fully sanction it use :rolleyes:

Tory said:

You're wrong there. I personaly know a few of the people in topic. And the ones I know are back in game now.

e-lite said:
You're wrong there. I personaly know a few of the people in topic. And the ones I know are back in game now.
Did they tell you themselves that they were locked and unlocked? I highly doubt it

Well, should this be so, we at least have a deduced answer for the "Is it OK to use Bots or Third Party Apps ingame?"

The answer would seem to be Yes, but you may have to take a little fortnight off now and then.

MA really missed out on a good opportunity here to make a point, and enforce their EULA. Maybe they did enforce their EULA and Botting = 2 week ban. Not a bad life I would guess, an enforced 2 week holiday in Spain once in a while with money made in a computer game/universe. We have no official idea as MA never seem to tell us stuff like this.

Much like the Trapping ATH - that seems to be OK as well.

e-lite said:

So you mean they were botting and u know this for 100% and they are now back ingame after being locked?

Hey, MindStar???

Why is this thread not locked? They are talking about cheating and things not allowed?

Please tell me what I am missing?

DS...

ps
Again, not trying to be a problem...but would like to know if the 'rules' apply to all...or just the one the mods don't agree with?

ds...

Marco|MindArk said:
The only comment I have, to reduce some of the rumour mongering gone wild, is that the investigation is not finished yet.

ty for the response marco, roumers and lack of communication from ma is not a good thing for ma or the community

Marco|MindArk said:
The only comment I have, to reduce some of the rumour mongering gone wild, is that the investigation is not finished yet.
So there we go. Stop jumping to assumptions, people :)

Status
Back