HoF effect slider

Society
Titans of Space
John Black Knight
When starting out in game getting a HoF is amazing but as we progress and get higher / cycle more the amount of times where we get the HoF animation and are disappointed by the value shown becomes the majority. This is due to the fact that when one cycles 20k+ ped a day an 80 ped hof is just not something to cheer over.
Without interfering with the system mechanics or hof list - could we pleace have a similar slider like we do for what shows in global tracker but for the hof animation and sound ?
Say the slider is at 500ped and the system announces our 300ped hof - others would still see the hof announcements but we would only see it as a global animation with global sound.

Personally i would have it at 1000ped+ all the time and i would know when the hof animation/sound occurs that its something to cheer about.

Or simply not make the game register hofs under a certain amount say +500ped min any profession, that way when you get one the same level of excitement is met with not a pissy hof board reset global.

There should also be an option to remove certain globals from the HUD/interface. So we can choose not to see all the shrapnel/ep. craft hofs or mining if we so choose. kkthx

While I love the idea, the problem is that it's good effective publicity... I do believe it's intended.

Had several dreamers I met who were sure EP1 could hof in the thousands, they think they need to train for the next year mulmun event because with all those swirls the players must make bank or that this big 5000p mining global may have been a TT tool. Having a 56p hof when you click something at the right time on minimum multi is fun for everyone who didnt know the click costed 50p TT and about 60p with the MU. It's effective publicity...

Great idea!

I like this very much!

There is nothing like getting a shitty 70 ped hof when the hof board resets. Huge disappointment every time.
Imo the system shouldn't count any globals below 500 ped as hof simple. Tbh 500 ped hof are pretty disappointing too but it beats fake global hofs.

A slider to only show hof animation / sound at certain selected thresholds is a great idea, I personally only show the global hof ticker at 1000 ped or above.

The HOF sound is triggered by HOF board placement.

The fact 80peds gets you on the HOF board only means that the game has a participant problem.
Artificially changing this to suit your individual dopamine hit is silly.

Get to the real problem and bring in more participants. Don't band-aid the problem further.

I reckon if you got an ped ath, the light show celebrations should go on for a good 2 mins and auto record.

The fact 80peds gets you on the HOF board only means that the game has a participant problem.
Thats untrue.
If there a crazy "recycling" day where everyone click it too much, you end with a #100 hof that is very high.
Seeing each HoF last 24 hours, the smaller hof will never register and the lvl 100-80 could all vanish within 15 minutes leaving the board open with only 80 hof making any global register regardless of value. This happen a lot in various ways and most players do not even see it as the trivial hof get pushed down too fast exiting the list.

Thats untrue.
If there a crazy "recycling" day where everyone click it too much, you end with a #100 hof that is very high.
Seeing each HoF last 24 hours, the smaller hof will never register and the lvl 100-80 could all vanish within 15 minutes leaving the board open with only 80 hof making any global register regardless of value. This happen a lot in various ways and most players do not even see it as the trivial hof get pushed down too fast exiting the list.
Thank you for simply proving my point. There's not enough players to sustain the HOF board through 24hrs.

Thank you for simply proving my point. There's not enough players to sustain the HOF board through 24hrs.
I think you dont understand. Even if lowest hof was 12 000p. This situation would occur. In fact, it has most chance to occur the more the community is active.

Edit: That reaction goes to show how little you know on the HoF board score expiring.

The HOF sound is triggered by HOF board placement.

Artificially changing this to suit your individual dopamine hit is silly.

Get to the real problem and bring in more participants. Don't band-aid the problem further.
I have had 10ped hofs and seen others with 6ped hofs even, as well as consecutive 80 pedder hofs when the hof board had its 24hour drop outs - no amount of players would change that. Yes with more players a single player will less likely see themselfs getting a hof as there is only 100 ranks but there would also be alot more globals which would enter the hof board at the 24h drop out and immediatly get replaced by slightly bigger globals that count as 'hofs'.
Show me the person who wouldnt love to jump up when the bells ring and the screen tuns into a big swirl - in my case i just keep shooting and dont even get a faster heartbeat anymore, my eyes just go into the upper left corner to see if its a real reason for excitement and usually the number reaffirms that the bells and hof swirls were 'fake'. An effect that strong to encompass your whole screen should mean more then refund you 10 minutes of shooting when you cycle 3k ped an hour. The numbers will be different for others but as you can see from other comments many have been in the situation where a hof was 'disappointing' and it clearly should be the opposite when it happens.

I vote yes, especially days after entropy appears and fills the board. Again like previously stated no amount of players would cure this.

I have my ticker set at 1k peds as it is, I don’t cycle near as much as higher players and nothing burns more then a 136ped hof.

Swirlies are there to feed your gambling addiction, they will not be removed.
I have set my "global ticker" to 2k (it is maximum allowed) to see less flashes on the screen,
i think it will remain maximum that you can do for marketing purposes
swirlies are as iconic as atroxes. will not disappear :)

in my case i just keep shooting and dont even get a faster heartbeat anymore
When everyone around your levels change what you just said to:
in my case i just STOPPED shooting and because Im not even happy about my swirls.
Then, maybe MA does something. Until that time which probably wont happen. It will remain their core advertisement because the people still spend regardless.
It's always about:

If Action lose money
Do Nothing
Else
Spend money to get more.

It's like in a shop, when you buy something and it get scanned. You place a vote and they keep selling it. Even if you aint happy with the product because in the end you still buy it.

P.S./Edit: I do feel for you. From doing a bit of huntings like you but in team(Take many friend in team to make 1 JBK) or just watching friends that can do similar ended me with the same conclusion about feelings. Uber hunting is boring as hell in this mechanic(other things put aside). You hunt 1 hour, get 6 global and 1 mini hof being break even or at a loss... From gaming standpoint it sure seem like so many swirls should profit and bring enjoyment.
Yet, when I go on a small mob hunt and get 4-10 globals. I dont care about the $$ value. I look at the %, tell myself "free skilling!" and I feel happy that Game time value(peds) gave me more game time value(peds).

Last edited:
When everyone around your levels change what you just said to:

Then, maybe MA does something. Until that time which probably wont happen. It will remain their core advertisement because the people still spend regardless.
It's always about:

If Action lose money
Do Nothing
Else
Spend money to get more.

It's like in a shop, when you buy something and it get scanned. You place a vote and they keep selling it. Even if you aint happy with the product because in the end you still buy it.

P.S./Edit: I do feel for you. From doing a bit of huntings like you but in team(Take many friend in team to make 1 JBK) or just watching friends that can do similar ended me with the same conclusion about feelings. Uber hunting is boring as hell in this mechanic(other things put aside). You hunt 1 hour, get 6 global and 1 mini hof being break even or at a loss... From gaming standpoint it sure seem like so many swirls should profit and bring enjoyment.
Yet, when I go on a small mob hunt and get 4-10 globals. I dont care about the $$ value. I look at the %, tell myself "free skilling!" and I feel happy that Game time value(peds) gave me more game time value(peds).
Dont get me wrong i like the game and i like hunting, im just pointing out that the hof dynamic as it currently is does not enhance my game experience its actually the opposite - i have cycled enough to know that i dont play for TT returns or swirlies but its still nice to see proper ones if they are 'real'.
Thats why i dont ask for midnark to reduce number of swirls/big swirls but rather allow us client side to modify our experience.

Last edited:
Yeah, I totally understand and feel for you. A hof is bland because for you to enjoy a hof it shouldnt be on the flat number. It should be on the multi vs spending per loot instance. Wish it was different, was simply expressing the publicity aspect probably wont change because a fresh noob cant tell* the difference :(

*mulmun looter elite are typical of this. Each time I meet a new player during the mulmun event, I go show them and the reaction is always the same. "Wow! These guys are making lot of money!".
Yet I tell them that when a mulmun looter elite die and do a minimum global(50p), it usually costed more in decay(armor/gun/heal)+ammo to kill.

Then they ask a question that express a lot your feelings.
New player : "Why did it global then ?" <---- To get you to commit to this game you try. Those hunters ? They dont even care anymore about those fake swirls.

Terrible idea and suggestion. To implement what you suggest will make the whole HOF board and timer irrelevant. It may suit you, but not 99% of the other player base. EU need to continue to develop this project with the bigger player base in mind, not just a minority of top end players. Apply logic not emotion to the HOF sound, so your logical mind decides if it is something to celebrate before you allow your subconscious mind to do so.

Elfie :)

Hof board always been a bit irrelevant. What I believe the conclusion of this thread may be is that hof probably will never change but maybe there is room for a special animation and sound to symbolize a big multi ? That may solve the craves of those bigs hunters

Back