Hogglo Hunting

Elfie

Guardian
England, but I often stay in Rome or sometimes USA
Society
I am freelance
Elfie
HOGGLO HUNTING :)

Hello. I joined EU 2007. I had a history of chipping up, chipping out, being active, being inactive, due to life circumstances. I always logged in every now and then just to keep my account current, but on this spell, I’ve been mostly inactive several years apart from every now and then. I usually gave the skill implants and my good gear away to soc members or friends when I chipped out, as I felt that was kind to do, but now I want to chip up again as I am pretty low on all skills now, but above disciple which I think I completed last year or maybe the year before. I forget. :LOL:

I am asking for advice as my research so far has been on outdated threads and guides, so I want any community advice on best way to go. I want to hunt Hogglo youngs and matures to start, and work up to guardians, as they were always my favourite mob of choice, and so want to start with them again. No, I cba to go the slow route – its depo chipping up and buying the stuff I need to do this for me.

My question is this. What level evade and rifle should I chip up too, to survive without needing healer or constant healing, and what armour set would I be best investing in to hunt my Hoggies? I never used to bother with eco but this time I do want to play eco. :unsure:

I think Armatrix rifle with appropriate level of skill, might be best weapon of choice. Would I be right? Not sure if amp or unamped.

I’m not being lazy asking the community… or maybe I am… But the most up to date advice if any wishes to offer it would be appreciated and welcome. (y) Also, I guess some will advise me to choose other mobs,...thanks but no thanks...I want Hogglos.

Also, if any of my old friends are still playing and active on forum, do say hi. I cba to type messages in game as most are either anon or not online when I have been and I am a bit lazy tbh.

Thanks

Elfie x:)

Welcome back to the game.

My advice if you wanna hunt only hogglos. They hit hard and crit hard. Since you've not listed your budget here's my advice for the cheapest combo you can get currently for UL weapon that is suited for hogglo with minimal skills. Get an UL weapon with range instead of wasting ped on MU on Armatrix (L) guns.
Weapon recommendation: Zorra's HK
Zorra's HK @ minimum tier 5 + Mayhem L-Amplifier Delta (L) amp which will give you 3.16 dpp and 101 dps at 101m range- this amp last 50k+ shots so it will last forever.
It maxes around lvl 45 laser sniper hit/dmg.
Ring: Minimum Improved Ares ring aprox cost +700 ped.
Weapon cost aprox 10-12k ped.
Armor: I recommend Perseus (L) or Merry mayhem (L) + 5b plates. You will need at minimum 53 evader to handle the guardians more easily since they hit 202 damage.
Fap: Get a modified ek-2600. Cost aprox 7k ped.

This means around 20k ped for just the gear.

Then there's skills it should be pretty cheap to chip in to 45 laser sniper hit/damage. You can input your current skills in http://jdegre.net/pe/unlocker.php
Then select Laser sniper hit and check how much it would cost you to chip in to lvl 45 laser sniper hit/damage.

For evader I recommend only chipping in to 25 evader and then a bit of avoidance for extra boost to your evader level.

Use (L) armors above until you skill enough evader naturally and through codex to handle the guardians.

Last edited:
Agreed with above recommendations. Zorra's HK was one of my favorite rifles in the mid-level series. The long range makes a HUGE difference in your defense costs, especially with slow moving mobs you can walk backwards on such as Hogglo.

A point of advice would be to get a few friends who you trust to help you take down the Diablos you spawn, since those can have some pretty sweet treats inside them.

Thank you Sub-zero and Captain Jack. Your advice and answers are both very much appreciated. Perhaps this is why I keep coming back to EU, it has always been such a great community. My husband died this year, from COVID-19. He was 40 years older than me, and we had only been married for 2 years, but I am left alone now in lockdown. He left me well provided for so budget is not an issue for me and though I don't want to waste money, at the same time he would want me to have fun so re-joining the EU community is the right move for me at this moment in time as I am so isolated in lockdown. Thank you.

Hogglo's definitely aren't what they used to be, and are quite frankly just another boring mob now (imo).

I would rethink. Chipping is out of the question (again, imo) due to ridiculous ESI %'s, and what point is there to paying a lot of ped to kill mobs that are boring?

If I was in your shoes, I'd probably go for proteron and Leviathan, only chip in what I need for the zorra (or similar higher ranged dps), and buy a hermetic ring. 2 of the most hunted mobs ingame would atleast give you hope of a random big swirl than those hogglo no one hunts anymore.

Hogglos are definetly doable and quite decent with spleen oil too. As previosly stated Zorras is great for them, and so is it for proterons and leviathans for that matter. Let me know if you are interested in one, and Ill give a decent offer on my tier 7

Back