Suggestion: How about a shop directory?

mastermesh

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
Maria Mesh
As has been mentioned many, many times before a shop directory would be nice. If it was tied in to the auction as a seperate tab or even integrated in to the auction somehow it'd be swell. There should be a 5 minute delay from time shop owner marks up something in shop and when it shows up system wide so auction snipers cannot grab stuff shop owner accidentally put markup up too low on on accident.

I figure with the new game engine coming and everything having to be recoded anyways, may as well throw this idea out once again...

A few threads where this idea has been suggested previously:
Shop Directory
shop directory
Shop directory
Internet Archive Link

Points to consider:

To all intents and purposes this simply extends the number of items a person can list on AH, by the number of item points in their shop, which is unfair to other AH users.

If all items are on the AH, people can buy there and wont go to the shops at all..so instantly they become worthless. and most probably just a junk room, rather than nicely displayed goods

The current advantage of owning a shop is that if an item doesn't sell, or needs re-pricing then no ped are lost in fees to MA, I very much doubt they would agree to handle the overhead of listing these thousands of additional items and only charge fees at point of sale (as shops do)
With MAs track record I strongly suspect shop owners could end up with paying extra, or paying twice. Item X is in shop and therefore also on AH, it sells, so does MA charge AH sale fee ? or shop sale fee ?, or would they get it wrong and charge both. ?

Aesthetically some people actually enjoy browsing the shops, the fun of finding a bargain in a dark corner, coupled with a harmless and cost free activity if just browsing
and those hidden bargains...gone, GONE GONE, the AH snipers had them all

So no thanks, I prefer to keep our shops as they are, they are a nice addition to the game, and for both sellers and buyers offer a choice of buying/selling experience.

At first I was going to vote like - but on considering the above post I withdrew it. A Shop Directory would be really good from one viewpoint - but really just makes things easy for those AH snipers & resellers.

It can be interesting & even fun to browse shops - that is if you have the time to do so

At first I was going to vote like - but on considering the above post I withdrew it. A Shop Directory would be really good from one viewpoint - but really just makes things easy for those AH snipers & resellers.

It can be interesting & even fun to browse shops - that is if you have the time to do so
I’ve reached that duality as I’ve thought about it more. It would be great to essentially have advertising in the auction system, but that also means everyone quickly can see your shop prices. That’s a double edged sword.

For example, I usually try to stick under auction prices, and most of the time, I don’t have to worry about someone seeing my shop price and quickly undercutting my price. That happens already on the auction. There is a benefit by having buyers know when to stop by, but not have it easily found by competitors who will undercut.

Last edited:
Definitely the fear of accumulating items in the AH / trade means that the trade itself is not working properly.
My personal opinion is that Craftsmen should determine the final price and their battle should be there in orders and sales.

Stop finding excuses to fill the throats of resalers who have nothing to do with the whole trade, except to steal his cream.

Each item must be visible in order for the buyer to have better choose.

I guess I'm also a bit negative to this connection between shop and auction.
I also think that cheapest way to do a "non present pvp trade" should be in shops.

So to increase possible trades in shops one feature MA could create is an extra playerlist at the estate terminal,
where the owner adds customers and these customers can see every item in the shop in a list form.
No trades can be done via this list but at least we can more easily see what the shop are filled up with,
and since the shopowner decide who's gonna be on the list, there should in theory be a bit more controll
who sees this list.

Another old wish is the add on for shopkeepers so they become traders instead, with possibility to buy
things also. We already have orders in auction, create a similar system in this add on for shopkeepers.
This add on should only work in a shop. There needs to be some advantages to have a shop IMO. ;)

Well, I bought a small caravan shop on NI as a bit of an experiment into this area. Then the devs went and sold quite a few more shopping areas in more favourable places, so I'm not wildly happy about that. Having listings with the same range as AHs now would at least show where things were on sale. Maybe the prices should not be shown or so, and people still have to go and check that. It would be more of a service improvement to shops, not a means of purchasing as such.
I like the idea of buy orders for shop owners, maybe combined with stacks that customers can then buy from too at whatever volume they would actually like.

I think just a listing of items without prices listed in a UI somewhere telling what shop things are in would be nice. This way I know what shops to go look through for the item I want instead of running around for hours searching. I know a lot of us know where to go for the common everyday things (Ie. armor at Drakill's Omegaton apartment , weapons at Mik's Medusa shop) but what about searching for something specific that has maybe been forgotten ?

I think just a listing of items without prices listed in a UI somewhere telling what shop things are in would be nice. This way I know what shops to go look through for the item I want instead of running around for hours searching. I know a lot of us know where to go for the common everyday things (Ie. armor at Drakill's Omegaton apartment , weapons at Mik's Medusa shop) but what about searching for something specific that has maybe been forgotten ?
good point. Many times I like to browse around for items in shops on various planets and may even make screen prints but if I foget to screen shot that terminal it's hard to remember what I saw where I saw it since so many blasted shops all look alike. Regardless of if Mindark makes a directory (which I still think they should) they should really make each building and all of the shops and apartments in them more unique looking in the next game engine implementation in my humble opinion. Too much copy/paste to get things done asap so we can throw it all in to Creyengine for vu 10 was done in the past...

As has been mentioned many, many times before a shop directory would be nice. If it was tied in to the auction as a seperate tab or even integrated in to the auction somehow it'd be swell. There should be a 5 minute delay from time shop owner marks up something in shop and when it shows up system wide so auction snipers cannot grab stuff shop owner accidentally put markup up too low on on accident.

I figure with the new game engine coming and everything having to be recoded anyways, may as well throw this idea out once again...

A few threads where this idea has been suggested previously:
Shop Directory
shop directory
Shop directory
Internet Archive Link
Good idea! The only one's I know are a few in the PA Mall and one or two in O.W Habitat and T.I City, so would love to know where others are, but also what they're selling.

Good idea! The only one's I know are a few in the PA Mall and one or two in O.W Habitat and T.I City, so would love to know where others are, but also what they're selling.
Legends has been keeping a list for awhile now.

Legends has been keeping a list for awhile now.

Thanks for the link info. That's one comprehensive list of Calypso trading places!

Back