How accurate is the wiki?

Munkster

Mature
Hi,
The reason I ask is simple, I have been away from Entropia for a while, but I recently started playing again and wanted to get a set of Goblin armour together.
I knew Cauda drop the harness so I started hunting them in the hope of a drop, so after killing several hundred of them, mostly old up to old alpha I still have no harness.
According to the wiki the harness is a "common" drop, and I know Common in EU is somewhat different to the dictionary definition but I am beginning to wonder IF it still drops at all? and am I wasting my time and ped trying?
I looked on the auction and over the last two weeks I have only seen three Goblin footguards and one shin, which also makes me wonder if I am wasting my time trying to loot the set, which also makes me wonder if the wiki is accurate at all about what mobs drop what, or is the drop rate just dreadful.
Anyone have any thoughts, or can confirm if any of the items that are supposed to drop from a certain mob, actually do?
Thanks in advance ;-)

you might want to change maturity :) it says provider drop the Harness... as for the Wiki .. it is not maintained as it was in the past ... but in general you find what you are looking for ... also pay attention to the VU which is mentioned in the tab ..

Take wiki only as a guidance, never as 100% valid info.Its player based nothing official, anyone can add anything they want without verification.
Most stuff is accurate but again never ever rely your decisions solely on its info, always test yourself many times until you are confident about what ur doin.

Long time without see Goblin or Gnome in loot but i'm also not trying to loot them.

Be sure to check what patch said thing dropped in aswell, it should say on the left side, if it's before 14-15 it probably is not in the loot pool anymore, or extremely rare.

I think it's time MA made more info available somehow, as complexity and learning should have its limits.
I've mentioned that I think UE5 at the latest should have some kind of database for all items and mats, maybe mobs too, that we either access via books, skill levels or so...

I think it's time MA made more info available somehow, as complexity and learning should have its limits.
I've mentioned that I think UE5 at the latest should have some kind of database for all items and mats, maybe mobs too, that we either access via books, skill levels or so...

Improving scanning profession by adding more information the higher level you are, such as damage splits, types, HP in numbers and available item drops :)

I've done a few more cauda tonight, some providers as well as other maturity but again no harness, or anything else, other than boring oils etc, again. Guess I'll keep plugging away until I get completely bored with it, or one drops, if it does, I'll mention it here.
Annoyingly, I HAD a full set of Goblin which I sold the last time I rage quit! silly me.
I DO think though, that to know the database is accurate would be nice, as I am sure the wiki once was, and I might even see about adding anything I see drop, to the wiki myself, if I can figure it out!

Hi,
The reason I ask is simple, I have been away from Entropia for a while, but I recently started playing again and wanted to get a set of Goblin armour together.
I knew Cauda drop the harness so I started hunting them in the hope of a drop, so after killing several hundred of them, mostly old up to old alpha I still have no harness.
According to the wiki the harness is a "common" drop, and I know Common in EU is somewhat different to the dictionary definition but I am beginning to wonder IF it still drops at all? and am I wasting my time and ped trying?
I looked on the auction and over the last two weeks I have only seen three Goblin footguards and one shin, which also makes me wonder if I am wasting my time trying to loot the set, which also makes me wonder if the wiki is accurate at all about what mobs drop what, or is the drop rate just dreadful.
Anyone have any thoughts, or can confirm if any of the items that are supposed to drop from a certain mob, actually do?
Thanks in advance ;-)
Lol you’ll need to kill hundreds of thousands for UL item loots not hundreds

You probably shouldn't expect to loot a full set within a week, maybe not even a piece. But I'm pretty sure they still drop but it's mostly about timing and luck as long as you use the right setup. Probably cheaper to just buy a set or a better one even, GL

I've done a few more cauda tonight, some providers as well as other maturity but again no harness, or anything else, other than boring oils etc, again. Guess I'll keep plugging away until I get completely bored with it, or one drops, if it does, I'll mention it here.
Annoyingly, I HAD a full set of Goblin which I sold the last time I rage quit! silly me.
I DO think though, that to know the database is accurate would be nice, as I am sure the wiki once was, and I might even see about adding anything I see drop, to the wiki myself, if I can figure it out!

I don t know when you played the last time but loot have really changed since PE / early EU we can t loot ul stuff like in the past... its a pain now if you want to try to loot your own set. Even for a pixie or a shogun...

Sadly things have changed...

I don t know when you played the last time but loot have really changed since PE / early EU we can t loot ul stuff like in the past... its a pain now if you want to try to loot your own set. Even for a pixie or a shogun...

Sadly things have changed...
Vixens drop unl grunt like crazy 2-3 days and you have full set. But thats one of few mobs like that.

Last time i hunted daikibas i ended up with some pixie parts, i mean its not that difficult to loot them. (they go to tt anyway)

Goblin and gnome that have similar stats to pixie i dont see in years. Even if they used to be very common years ago they probably are super rare now or not dropping at all.

Didn't one of the tracking softwares (maybe EL?) use to actually send data to the wiki on loot composition at one point way back when if you were doing team hunts? That would have been before the chat log showed loot for solo hunting. I seem to recall hearing that, but never really dug into it 10 years ago, so no idea if it's actually true or not.

Part of why the mob loot compositions are loose guides though is because the only way right now is to manually update the entries.

There are several armors that you wouldn't loot and gather yourself, it just wouldn't make sense, and I would say that's the case for Goblin; for what it costs, it's just way easier to buy then to hunt for.

The Wiki is filled with data by the community and is accurate exactly as much as players are contributing to it. Since it has become much easier with the loot composition given in chat, it would behoof anyone in such a pursuit hitting one species over some time to consider making their data available. There might be some cases where the motivation not to do so is strong, like having found a niche or something new and wanting to exploit it before the masses catch on.

I think the Wiki is reliable for most information, but loot tables are the feature I'd advise to rely upon the least out of everything. Except the locations section, it's pretty much unusable.

It is not too hard to loot unlimited TT food armor parts.
Because they always go to the TT, the drop algorythm cannot fulfill the target quota and keeps dropping them.

Other armor parts of which the quota has almost hit the target just drop never, or at anirrationally low rate.

I have played off and on since 2004 but it's been more off than on for the last few years.
I certainly have noticed a huge difference in the loot though, I remember hunting snables and so many pixie arms etc dropped it was bordering on silly, but now of course, I would LOVE to see armour pieces drop like that again, even knowing they would go to the tt, it was just NICE to see items in the loot window.
I suppose I am being a bit romantic, or just silly, but I like to go after an item and loot it myself rather than buy it on auction, assuming that it is on the auction of course, last night there was hardly any Goblin, only boots and one shin.
There WAS a lot of gremlin which makes me think maybe that is dropping, and seeing as I was after some acid protection, maybe I'll try for some of that instead, better check the wiki ;-)

Imagine for example there are only allowed to be 1000 sets of that armor.
No armor is dropping unless someone quits and have their items deleted for inactivity or accidentally TT an armor piece, as that 1000 cap was hit years ago this game is 20 years old… or there’s 5 items left in the cap and it releases one every 2 years or something crazy

i have played casually since nearly beta - it was way broken - but looting a thing you want is like near impossible but a looting anything UL is rarer than legendary x epic lol ... got to grind a mob til your face goes green and falls off i guess

Imagine for example there are only allowed to be 1000 sets of that armor.
No armor is dropping unless someone quits and have their items deleted for inactivity or accidentally TT an armor piece, as that 1000 cap was hit years ago this game is 20 years old… or there’s 5 items left in the cap and it releases one every 2 years or something crazy
Blimey, when you put it like that it's no wonder the drops are incredibly rare, there must be hundreds of old avatars that are no longer used with cheap stuff like Goblin still on 'em!
Surely if that's how it works MA could do something about deleting some of it to free up new drops, but then I suppose people that return to the game after a long time away would be pretty miffed if their U/L Shadow, U/L Ml-35 etc were all gone!
I can't believe that a few sets of not really very good armours would break the economy all that much though, as people have said stuff like Goblin would likely end up in the TT anyway, except for maybe new players that loot it and sell to make a few ped.
I tried the cauda again tonight, for a while, killed maybe another hundred to no avail, I DID loot a small chip though, so am off to check the wiki and see if it's on there ^^)

wiki says last goblin harness dropped in 2013. There may have been drops since, but if nobody has updated it in 9 years u can be pretty sure the drop rate is next to nil.

when I first returned I also wished more random things would drop, to the point where I went to hunt a lot on RT where the loot composition is…. Varied lets say. Later on then I realized shrapnel at 101% is better than TT food :D

Can't deny that a lot of the changes are for the better, and I take the point about wiki not being updated, and I suspect, there is a lot of the reason for any inaccuracy.
I found it interesting that upon looking at the chip that dropped, it is listed as a drop so some of the items posted are accurate, although it was shown as rare, which it isn't as I have seen three drop in the time I have been trying for a "common" drop Goblin Harness, so in my opinion the wiki is not accurate in some respects.
It is still quite useful as a guide, as it does indeed state on the site.
It would be nice if it was updated a bit more often though, and as such I will update anything that I find.

Unfortunately, rare knowledge equals better mu, which in an RCE is a reason why people often keep information to themselves. There may also be information that is intentionally wrong or removed, depending on the motivation behind such an act. It is one of the reasons why I think MA should no longer rely on the community to manage information about the game, but provide its own information system on stats and uses of mats.
I believe everything is being looked at for UE5, including some simplification of mats and items, which is probably the best time to provide a new type of database from MA's side.

Yeah, I have LOL-ed or sobbed many a time. It's like the song "There's a hole in my bucket", but it's worse than that, they're dead, Jim.
However..............., they may have added a second whiteboard for UE5, and reduced the size of their writing, so nothing is impossible.

Just a small note about the MA-ness of English itself at times: to say I believe in British English means that you have heard or read something, and that actually you are merely reporting this, not saying you believe it. In fact, you may even have large doubts, which non-native speakers may not realise. It's part of a complicated set consisting of I imagine, believe, think, hope and expect, and the one believed least is believe ;)

Hi,
Thanks in advance ;-)
Think I have a few harnesses somewhere in storage, I'll try to dig them up for you when I get back home. 🙈

Back