How big of a ped cycle is needed before you would typically see ~95% Returns stated by MA.

Deemer

Old
Every mayhem this happens, since mindark didnt restart servers since end it continues.

The probability of getting the smaller multipliers has been greatly reduced.

This is why all the big loots keep popping, short term losses are much greater.

My view point is different, in the mayhem duration has more active people, therefore the pool grow and hofs are bigger. There has no logic the same algorithm to work different for x-time duration only.

And again, the guy here is new like many others. Looks he pay to play and wondering where his peds goes.
Wrong weapon for mob range.. unskilled but hunt hight level mobs for him.
Take a bit time and check the stats

Evey

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Eve Everglades
My view point is different,
There's a new loot theory for every PEC BabyOxide lost on explo and he lost millions of PEDs probably.
99.99% of these theories are plain silly and only 0.01 are based on proper testing, proper numbers and facts stated by MA. Someone should start collecting this in a thread

WoenK

Elite
Society
Riverboat Gamblers
Irdeta WoenK Hocren
Please check the OP stats in EL. You guys forgot some things... there is path to walk from 100 HP mob to 2k mob.

In this road ingame inactive players are much more than active, their hunt means 200 mobs daily. And their goal is the pool only.
No difference if you hunt 20HP, 2ßß hp or 2k , if you have the right gun for each and the right level.
And pool ?
What "pool" ?
The general one, personal, climate pool, snookers ?
Sounds like someone can take out more than he spent which definately does not happen.
One could say "wow. you got an over 5k Uber in September" and I can say " yah, because I lost over 5k a few weeks ealrier on EP4s".
Nothing special, you get a payback of your losses, you do not get more, it is not a win against the "house"

ImUp2Mischief

Guardian
No difference if you hunt 20HP, 2ßß hp or 2k , if you have the right gun for each and the right level.
And pool ?
What "pool" ?
Sounds like someone can take out more than he spent which definately does not happen.
One could say "wow. you got an over 5k Uber in September" and I can say " yah, because I lost over 5k a few weeks ealrier on EP4s".
Nothing special, you get a payback of your losses, you do not get more, it is not a win against the "house"
Did you miss the 160k noob ath?

Rocket192

Stalker
Society
Apocalyptic
Sean Rocket Connors
better efficiency and lower mob hp will reduce the curve. might take 500k cycle w/ a pbr 20 on 900hp mobs, but may only take 120k with lp70 fen

Deemer

Old
And pool ?
What "pool" ?
A pool man... Bad pool vs Good pool.. many people in the pool, happy family.. grinding mobs solo is sadly story

better efficiency and lower mob hp will reduce the curve. might take 500k cycle w/ a pbr 20 on 900hp mobs, but may only take 120k with lp70 fen
Still don't understand how the efficiency work, can you explain please.
Also if i don't have $50k, should i change the game? Because my range is 10-300 HP. Looks like i'm not in MA curves?

WoenK

Elite
Society
Riverboat Gamblers
Irdeta WoenK Hocren
Did you miss the 160k noob ath?
probably...the only one I found was an EP4 ATH...and just looking at his globals, that was not a real noob. 3months of EP and shrapnel crafting prior to that and a noob starting off with EPs? and one of his first crafting globals beeing a LR-20?
Not the typical starter, rather someone with a fat wallet and he is not the first one doing things like that.

Alukat123

Stalker
Son Alukat Goku
When you see that things aren't going your way, when you get a multiplier like every 17th mob or so, or when your hitrate in mining is about 20% planetside, just stop, stop, don't push it, do something else instead, try another mob, another mining area, maybe some crafting, look for whatever works for you.
nah, it should be safe to just keep going...
yesterday my hunt started with 50-60% TT-return over the first 100 kills, lots of low looters, only 1-2 bonus shrapnell, only 1-2 very small multipliers... then 5-10 minute break and over the next 400 kills the bonus shrapnell and bigger multipliers started to appear, even a global, and it did end up in an okay hunt.

same usually for mining, even if i get bad hitrate and have quite bad return i keep going, shortly before the end of the 100 drop run, there's usually a multiplier which boosts the tt-return quite a lot.

what i've been wondering about is, wether or not the game does session TT-return and time tracking and MA has set something like TT-return has to be 9x.xx% after 1 hour or so. Something like that may explain why there's usually multipliers and more bonus shrapnell than usual, after taking a break of 10-15 minutes when having a bad start or run... but this one will be difficult to proof/disproof, as it can be explained by then nature of randomness as well...

However, as it goes for team hunts, imo, there's longer bad tt-return phases (phase w/o or just very low frequency of bonus shrapnell and multis) but more frequent hofs compared to hunting solo...

M Rufen Power

Marauder
Society
How To Survive
Mark Rufen Power
Having a real bad time of it lately with hunting must have cycled around 3,000Ped before recycling shrapnel and my returns are really low around 70-80% TT. Should I be cycling much more ped than this to really start to see those reported ~95% TT returns that MA report?

For the more seasoned hunter, how much ped are you cycling in a month before you start to see acceptable TT returns?
Having read all the comments on here, here are my two cents. Anyone that says that kills do not affect cycle isn't too bright. You can cycle peds without having to hit a mob and get nothing back, just saying. The cycle does not help with loot cycles it is the number of kills to trigger more than avg loot drops.

If you are getting 80% returns, I can say you are doing some of the following:
Not killing 3000+ mobs per run, don't have adequate peds to hunt said mob comfortably.
You don't have the right skill set to hunt said mob comfortably, def costs are to be avoided.
Hunting a mob that is too high in maturity coupled with lacking def and loot prof skills?

It sounds to me like you are playing above your ped card which is dictated to you by your weapon.
A lot of people get this wrong, hunt based on gun setup is totally wrong, it should be on ped card.

shoti

Elite
Society
Ex Cons
Shogomad Shoti 1st
@ OP.... Maybe try keep your avatar hunting in range where multipliers are more probable and decrease "cost per try" in periods when multipliers are less probable. That way your balance swings will flatten out much and u get closer to that MA stated 97%. . Constant grind and camping one mob is good for ppl with big bankrollss which alow them sustain activity in bad periods. Worst thing that can happen to hunter is to go broke before that "normalizing" things multiplier is nailed...even worse is nailing it on low cost activity. GRinders and campers don't have such problems as their bankroll is so big that hitting that "evening out" loots is not an issue, just matter of time.

psyche

Old
Maiko pSyCHe Jin-Jay
And guys, honestly, this is part of what I was talking in my thread about leeches. Hunting is the most popular profession by far, and you have hunters like this with 70-80% returns on the one hand, on the other - bunch of parasitic leeches with ZERO TURNOVER, who do absolutely nothing but tax every other participant in the economy by withdrawing their PEDs out of the pool that we create. How long is this model going to go on, given recent developments in the gaming industry? Is it possible that one day we will have more resellers in this game than hunters, miners and crafters? If so, what would be the consequences of this?
Just want to be clear, I'm a depositor. I bought the gold starter pack and have bought $500 USD of AUD from the web shop and some universal ammos, but I feel like you're being too emotional in your thinking. resellers exist in this game for several reason. Biggest reason is that we allow them to. The impatient hunters want to make a quick sell off of their loot even at lower mu so long as they get their ped to keep hunting. Also the impatient buyers who buy at higher MU because they don't want to wait for lower price. Resellers only survive off these impatient people. If everyone is patient then resellers cannot exist. I'm also guilty of being impatient. Sometimes I sell higher MU and while everyone undercut me and I lose out on my auction fees. Sometimes, I get impatient and I just sell low MU so i can get my quick ped. Sometimes I buy but get outbid and sometimes I get impatient and I buy at higher MU than average. I'm sure we're all guilty of this. In a sense we kinda need the resellers in this game to get items moving. They add to the demand of many items in game.
On the flip side, imagine this game without resellers, sometimes, you cannot find any buyers no matter how low MU you go simply because the buyer is not buying at the right time as you're selling. Sometimes, when you want to buy a item, but you can't because there's no one selling for months. If this game does not have any "leeches" then buying and selling will become a nightmare.

Deemer

Old
Just want to be clear..
There are two types of resellers:
1. People who want to deal only with this and in this case it is in their interest you to look for them again, so their offers are fair to the current market situation.
2. You're talking about the second type... most of the traders who are idiots and think that 1 pec more is a profit for them.

I agree with you because the second type is growing. My opinion is that this can only be fixed if there is a competition in the Orders, as it is now in Sales .. this can only happen if the hand-to-hand trade stops, which I do not see how it can happen =)

Everyone uses MU statistics, but the hand trade doesn't fit there. There must be changes to be fair for all, now the trade looks like a 3rd world country.

I always use Auction to sale my items to avoid all this bolsht, but this is a lost cause =), for me is better to skill up with 101-102% loot..