How did PEAuction and EntropiaBay work?

Hypnotyk

Elite
Society
discord.gg/bdDeqtn
Randy Hypnotyk Bafia
With 711 releasing the entropedia database to the public, it got me thinking about PEAuction and EntropiaBay. I always wondered how they were able to source the auction data into their sites. I would love to see another website that has up-to-date auction information that people can refer to when buying items. The ingame one isn't the cleanest implementation and I feel a website would do a better job at providing historical auction information. Anyone have any idea on how the auction data can be exported to source a website? Is anyone working on a site similar to PEauction/Entropiabay by any chance? That'd be great if someone is already one step ahead!

Cheers.
-Hyp

If I remember right , it had something to do with the expiring auction item feed. I am unsure if maybe there is a format separately for that feed or not they had access to. (if it exists in the client loader as a separate stream, I would assume that data is web accessible)

Possibly just pulling the data from the client loader.
Tesseract OCR (object recognition, same stuff skill scanner uses) could in theory do this to/ automate it.

The problem with this data has always been that it doesn't show BO...
This would not be realistic. You can only count the entries with actual bids. And the script would have to refresh in very short intervals to collect complete data, like a cron job. I don't know what currently triggers it.

This method only shows items that sell without BO, but that is in some ways the most accurate pricing for items. Either way if someone made a site that scanned and read it every 30 seconds or so, and listed it all historically even starting from now for each planet, that would be sooooo amazing. We would even have data for each planet instead of global AU and can see what items to bring between planets for profit etc... After saying that, I think someone already is doing this for profit.

I wish MA would write an API that allows people to hook into the auction house data. The data is public by nature, why not allow us to get a dump of it?

It's been suggested a few times that they do such a thing but sadly they've not done it.

It might be possible to hook into the api used by the mobile app but I doubt they'd like just anyone doing it.

aha well then, this is cool to know.

One way to get this info into a file really easy is via google docs.

place the following into a field.

=ImportHtml("http://cl.entropiauniverse.com/%28en%29/clientloader/planets/next-island/expiring-auctions/", "table", 0)

You could then parse store manipulate this pretty easy as well have a history if it were batched.

aha well then, this is cool to know.

One way to get this info into a file really easy is via google docs.

place the following into a field.

=ImportHtml("http://cl.entropiauniverse.com/%28en%29/clientloader/planets/next-island/expiring-auctions/", "table", 0)

You could then parse store manipulate this pretty easy as well have a history if it were batched.

The only problem is how would you know at what interval to refresh at? Does this ignore duplicates? What if there are 2 items selling at the same time (i.e. 2 auctions of 100 muscle oil)?

The only problem is how would you know at what interval to refresh at? Does this ignore duplicates? What if there are 2 items selling at the same time (i.e. 2 auctions of 100 muscle oil)?

I have a couple ideas on this I may try with some php.

But you could use the time left on the last item as a base refresh rate,
enter all of these things into an array and remove them as they expire based on the time and
compare the array to the table data at different refresh rates to try and weed out the multiple item /same tt issue within one minute. Handle whatever issues there I guess, that would probably be the trickiest code to recognize and handle those multiple items.

But I think with php and google apis, this might be doable.

Another problem is bidwars in the very last minutes, as every new bid extends the auction by 5min.
So it will be shown again and again.
Was a problem in PEAuction aswell ;)

The data given by PE Aucion wasn´t very acurate.

If we could use data out of graphs from markethistory existing ingame, that would be nice and accurate, as it includes all trades, including BOs.

Back