How do I get into EU Space?

Thanks for that, a lot of helpful info there on EU space. He says don't fly in straight lines, so I suppose that means using the right and left arrow keys to zigzag every ten seconds or so? Or panning with the mouse, but I can see how you could lose control very quickly doing that and end up spiralling...
No man you got too much fluff in the info for such a simple question.

buy quad or sleip (quad prefered with weapon)
buy a space thruster, slap it onto a quad or sleip.
buy an rk-0 and some wire in case you get clapped.
put oil in the vehicle, fly straight up.

Go straight line if you're not carrying loot, odds are you will be fine. If you are carrying loot, don't go in a straight line because the pirates know everyone likes to act like they don't carry loot but there is always that person who was too cheap to pay for a warp and too lazy to go a different longer path that will end up getting looted. Chances are you will get away with that too, but do it enough times and you will have to learn the hard way. If you are carrying loot, IDC what anyone else says just shoot any quad you see on sight. You don't wanna be the person to get smoked for trying to be a good guy.

If you take a deep route and have a rare encounter with another quad, chances are both of you are carrying. That will be on both of your minds and temptation will begin to run its course.

They don't sit there for 9 hours a day several times a week for nothing if it didn't pay off.

weapons are overrated unless you plan to actually hunting someone, or mobs.
Otherwise they will just be a waste of ammo.
Somehow when I ALT-TAB back to desktop it fires a shot, so wasting precious ammo there.
So, might as well leave the weapon behind.

Somehow when I ALT-TAB back to desktop it fires a shot, so wasting precious ammo there.
Missed shots in PVP or space no longer cost anything, FYI

No man you got too much fluff in the info for such a simple question.

buy a space thruster, slap it onto a quad or sleip.
buy an rk-0 and some wire in case you get clapped.
put oil in the vehicle, fly straight up.

Go straight line if you're not carrying loot, odds are you will be fine. If you are carrying loot, don't go in a straight line because the pirates know everyone likes to act like they don't carry loot but there is always that person who was too cheap to pay for a warp and too lazy to go a different longer path that will end up getting looted. Chances are you will get away with that too, but do it enough times and you will have to learn the hard way. If you are carrying loot, IDC what anyone else says just shoot any quad you see on sight. You don't wanna be the person to get smoked for trying to be a good guy.

If you take a deep route and have a rare encounter with another quad, chances are both of you are carrying. That will be on both of your minds and temptation will begin to run its course.

They don't sit there for 9 hours a day several times a week for nothing if it didn't pay off.
I guess I won't be carrying any loot. I'll prob TT any loot I get as they can't take my ped.

Wasn't planning on attaching a gun, one's I saw on auction were fairly expensive. I'd be better off getting hunting related skill implants.

Most skills is not worth buying, u get them fast enough with shooting and codex

Wasn't planning on attaching a gun, one's I saw on auction were fairly expensive. I'd be better off getting hunting related skill implants.
getting skill implants?
Why?
Just skill up naturally and don't wast ped on implant.

Not sure how spending your gun money on skill implants is going to help you in any situation. Dont worry about how expensive guns are. There are alot of "free" and low investment options for the low level player.

Most skills is not worth buying, u get them fast enough with shooting and codex
The codex just gives you creature stats from what I've seen of it.

After you spend a certain amount of PED killing a type of creature you have in your codex, you "rank up" and can spend reward points on skills. Click the "Claim Reward" button when it becomes available.

After you spend a certain amount of PED killing a type of creature you have in your codex, you "rank up" and can spend reward points on skills. Click the "Claim Reward" button when it becomes available.
Thanks for the heads-up, didn't know that.

The codex just gives you creature stats from what I've seen of it.
Yes, but when you kill enough mobs of that type it opens up a skill reward.
You can skill up pretty fast with these bonuses.
So instead of spending (wasting) ped on implants, better spend it on bullets.

Yes, but when you kill enough mobs of that type it opens up a skill reward.
You can skill up pretty fast with these bonuses.
So instead of spending (wasting) ped on implants, better spend it on bullets.
Yes I just found this out an hour ago, didn't realise the codex did that. I got quite a bit of aim, rifle and other hunting related skill bonuses :)

Yes I just found this out an hour ago, didn't realise the codex did that. I got quite a bit of aim, rifle and other hunting related skill bonuses :)
and to add to this, if you completed 5 codex levels, you will also get a reward in the meta sections. This grants you attribute rewards.
So after each 5 codex rewards you get 1 meta reward.
But you might consider not getting those yet, because attributes skill up really gast at low levels but get stuck at high levels. So it's better to get the attribute rewards at a higher level.

I would concentrate on better skillls. Pick Anatomy, Perception, Evade, Alertness where you can.
Athletics and courage are also good for the occasional pick for some HP gains.

I would concentrate on better skillls. Pick Anatomy, Perception, Evade, Alertness where you can.
Anatomy?
Wouldnt pick that one since anatomy skills up very fast naturally.
The others, yes.

Anatomy?
The others, yes.
Well I love Anatomy and the professions that it builds up (Paramedic and looter) so I think it deserves some extra attention from codex. But we all have our own opinions on this topic, that's fine. I went down the line of doing alot of professional healing so Anatomy was a choice for me to help max out the EMT and Omegaton FAPs
Athletics would also be a fine alternative.

and to add to this, if you completed 5 codex levels, you will also get a reward in the meta sections. This grants you attribute rewards.
So after each 5 codex rewards you get 1 meta reward.
But you might consider not getting those yet, because attributes skill up really gast at low levels but get stuck at high levels. So it's better to get the attribute rewards at a higher level.
Thank you. I believe I clicked on the codex reward button at least five times already (five diff' mobs), but not sure if I received a meta reward yet, unless you mean five whole lots of codex rewards?

Anatomy?
The others, yes.
Yes, I agree. I've had a few anatomy skill rewards so far just by accidentally on purpose getting myself killed by mobs way above my skill level.

Right, so pick more perception, evade, etc rewards in the codex and less aim, rifle?

Right, so pick more perception, evade, etc rewards in the codex and less aim, rifle?
Well there is two pathways to look at here.
As your weapon skills naturally improve you will inevitably make the decision to buy higher level weapons and take on harder mobs. However if you have not grown your evader profession and HP to match this progression then you will have a hard time staying alive, and will spend a lot more PED on better armour and decay.
Having high HP and evader really changes the dynamic of your fights.
Athletics, courage, evade, and some combat reflexes are good choices to build towards this pathway.

Looter professions add extra TT to your loot, I shouldn’t have to explain the importance that this brings. These professions grow slowly relative to your weapon professions without the help of codex or other skilling methods.
Anatomy, perception, alertness, analysis are the big contributors here that are pick able from the codex.

As you get more skill points in a particular skill, the TT reward will contribute less and less points. For example if you have a high skill level, a 1ped reward may only give you 10 levels, where that same 1ped reward in a low skill may give you 100 levels, and thus contribute more to its profession.
An alternating strategy is likely the best one.

Well there is two pathways to look at here.
As your weapon skills naturally improve you will inevitably make the decision to buy higher level weapons and take on harder mobs. However if you have not grown your evader profession and HP to match this progression then you will have a hard time staying alive, and will spend a lot more PED on better armour and decay.
Having high HP and evader really changes the dynamic of your fights.
Athletics, courage, evade, and some combat reflexes are good choices to build towards this pathway.

Looter professions add extra TT to your loot, I shouldn’t have to explain the importance that this brings. These professions grow slowly relative to your weapon professions without the help of codex or other skilling methods.
Anatomy, perception, alertness, analysis are the big contributors here that are pick able from the codex.

As you get more skill points in a particular skill, the TT reward will contribute less and less points. For example if you have a high skill level, a 1ped reward may only give you 10 levels, where that same 1ped reward in a low skill may give you 100 levels, and thus contribute more to its profession.
An alternating strategy is likely the best one.
Thank you for this helpful explanation. I'm not sure how much alternating I've been doing, although this sounds like a good approach to skilling. I suppose like everyone else, I started with the 'freebie' handgun in the starting zone and stayed there for a few days just s/killing on those very easy mobs, then I went to Caly and bought the TT carbine and concentrated on the low level mobs in and around the swamp camp area and on the coast going towards PA - I've been doing this for weeks and just hording stackables in psu. I found my skills went up a fair bit in this period and now I can also take on low maturity Bery's, Exo's and Snabblesnoots fairly easily - and my expenses are low as I'm not using armour or an amp.

Back