• Hardware device - please post

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters

endermigne

Elite
Society
The White Dots
ender endermigne migne
I was wondering how you handle your 2FA when you log in to the game. What do you use for the security code? I assume most are using the smartphone app?

I use Authy instead of MA's app. I use it for 2fa on 20+ other services so don't see a need to keep a specialized app just for EU.

What hardware device ?
Is it something like Gold Card ?

To me Gold Card was the best.

Used a gold car for like a decade. It did go on retirement not long ago, and in to my collectibles.

I use mindarks own app now

Still using my Gold Card :cool:

I use Authy instead of MA's app. I use it for 2fa on 20+ other services so don't see a need to keep a specialized app just for EU.

Yeah, Authy sounds nice.
  • Could I use the Pocket-app and Authy in parallel? How would I pair Authy without the QR-code?
  • Or do I have to use the recovery code and pair it with Authy?
  • Can you copy the services from one installation of Authy to another? Like on another PC with a different OS?

Could I use the Pocket-app and Authy in parallel?

You should be able to. I used the Pocket very little but I did use Authy and Google Authenticator in parallel for a while before I made my choice. I tried to install Pocket just know to test for you but Pocket refuses to see my phone's camera (Note 9) to scan the code. Bet they have a problem because the other day there was someone on discord with exactly same problem.

How would I pair Authy without the QR-code? Or do I have to use the recovery code and pair it with Authy?

Do you have your QR code saved as image? If not then you have to disable 2fa and enable again to get to the QR code (save the QR code as image in a safe place for future use), then follow this instruction.

Can you copy the services from one installation of Authy to another? Like on another PC with a different OS?

Yes, it can synchronize your codes between your devices. And you can (should) disable the synchronization and the ability to add new devices when you don't use it.

Authy is excellent, but about a year ago I started using Bitwarden. It's an open source password manager which also has the option to store 2FA codes in it and also syncs between desktop, mobile, and browser extension apps.

https://bitwarden.com/

Back