Question: How do you gain spacecraft pilot skill?

sitram

Marauder
Society
Agents of Entropy
Adrian Adi Martis
How do you gain spacecraft pilot skill? :scratch2:

Getting hit ( mobs or ships) in space, kinda like evade/dodge in space :)

Any spacecraft (Mothership/Quad/Sleip) Being hit either by mobs or pvp attack.
But as the name say, its for the pilot

Any spacecraft (Mothership/Quad/Sleip) Being hit either by mobs or pvp attack.
But as the name say, its for the pilot

Sound like a expencive skill to get unless you own ul. So do motherships captains or is it the person in the pilot seat who gets the skill?

A small update on this topic:

Unless you have an gunner with you on a MS to kill the mobs, just getting hit by a few mobs won't give much skills. :(

If another ship attacks your ship, be it a small one or a MS, then you get a decent amount of skills.

Unless you have an gunner with you on a MS to kill the mobs, just getting hit by a few mobs won't give much skills. :(

If another ship attacks your ship, be it a small one or a MS, then you get a decent amount of skills.

You really need alot of mobs to get alot of skills. A few mobs wont give you very much or for very long thats for sure. However with an upgraded ms, great crew and 50+ mobs hitting you ( or less if bigger maturites) , the skills come in thick and fast.

I have 2k spacecraft pilot skills from doing it this way :)
A mob wont keep giving skills forever, so killing them off and rounding up more is always a good idea :)

Thats interesting to know about being shot at giving more skills, I guess I'm too busy turning her around to shoot back to notice :ahh:.
I guess its just a case of convincing someone to spend ammo on you :D

Last edited:
Sitting in the pilot seat and when you have a gunner and a repair crew with you skilling on cosmic horrors, you seem to get pilot skill skillups for about 3minutes. After that it entirely stops to give you skills for free.

So i suggest that the pilot and gunner switch seats every 3 minutes to get the max ammount of offensive and defensive skills for both. Seemed to work just nicely ;)

Get a quad or a sleipnir and hunt horrors?

What gives you this skill besides of hp gain ?
Skill description says: Spacecraft Pilot is the ability to maneouver a spacecraft in space in a secure way.

but what exactly that mean ? I am able to dodge more than pilot with less skills ?

Last edited:
What gives you this skill besides of hp gain ?
Skill description says: Spacecraft Pilot is the ability to maneouver a spacecraft in space in a secure way.

but what exactly that mean ? I am able to dodge more than pilot with less skills ?

Yes, it's like Evade for space combat.

Best way to get Captain skills is to join the crew of one of the many Motherships who do skilling runs. You normally have to serve time as a repairer and gain the trust of the MS owner before they will give you Pilot rights but once that is complete you can gather mobs, suck out their skill gains and kill them to your heart content!

BTW, Skilling MS repair is also a great way to skill Crafting. Much cheaper than Grinding Filters. :wise:

Back