How do you handle "service" trades?

Eli

Prowler
Elissia Eli Talor
Last night a friend of mine got me thinking about coloring and texturing my car (if texturing is possible).

I thought a bright pink car with some wooden texture would be pretty funny. But I don't know many textur-ers, and (no offense to anyone) no one I would 100% trust comes to mind.

The only way would be some kind of collateral. Which got me to thinking that as more and more items become customizable, it's more complicated to work out a proper collateral for this.

How do you guys handle this stuff? Is it just based on trust and reputation? Is there a trade service I'm not aware of? Or if there isn't, maybe it would be a cool thing to have... (nudge nudge, wink wink).

Last edited:
Trust and Reputation - hard to build and the players who have built these virtues will not risk losing them over a couple hundred (or thousands) of peds.

But that does limit your options to people who have managed to get that. There are a lot of trustworthy new players who would want to get into these services, I can't imagine how difficult that might be...

I believe that is one of the strongest cases for MA not allowing the change of avatar names. You name and reputation in this universe are worth their weight in gold, and shouldn't be taken lightly.

As for your predicament, your option are to go with an established trustworthy colorer/texturizer without collateral or try to find someone newer who is willing to give colatteral.

secon that,

if it midastree textures i can do that rofl, also blue yellow orange and olive colors...

but even tought i got the tiny skill to do those would stil suggest you go to sarah , you prolly have a better price there and more choice in textures and colors.

Although I am still fairly new to colouring and applying textures, I certainly have never had an issue with someone handing over an item to be worked on.

That being said, I can understand your concern. As others have mentioned prior, Sarah would be a good choice, or LeeLoo Faith, I have never dealt with Sarah, but on her reputation alone I would have no fear in handing something to her to be worked on.

Good luck to you.

MA needs to implement a safe user interface for that, similar to the beauty thing.

Based on reputation is good and fine and i would have no issues there. But it can take months or years to learn 'Who is Who'. A two week old player shouldn't need to start background investigations on players history if he wants to have some stuff colored / texturized / tier upgraded.

And it doesn't matter if i trust Sarah in example if he only does high level jobs and i need some low level things done. And the ones eager doing the low level jobs hadn't the opportunity to build a rep (yet) anyway.

Leeloo and Sarah are names I am familiar with. After all this time, I have both on FL. I would bother them if I had to :D.

But if all we have right now is reputation, a system to handle this stuff is really what I'm aiming for. The beauty system is pretty fair and you get to see what you're getting and the trade is handled at the same time the service is performed to you.

Ideally something similar for coloring would be great. You open the window, put your item in, they put the materials in and you see how it looks like based on their skill, and you agree on a price and you put your ped in. May not always look right, but those are details to refine.

It would be great to see something like this happen. This allows more than two people to handle the customization and spreads around the lower level service needs and makes the process a lot easier and hopefully more appealing!

Brad Rad's a pretty good colorer too. He's honest and trustworthy with his coloring service. I've sold many paints to him over the years.

I would say Brad from brads coloring service or Sarah Zap. I have given them both items that were worth some ped in the past & have always got it back. Also since they are well skilled colores, I dont think they will mess up thiere reputation over a car ;)

Trust and Reputation ...

I handed my car to Aia ( a ingame friend of mine )
I got it collord and now driving in a great Purple/blue car :)

Thanks again for that Aia !!

Mari *.*

Reactions: aia
look at colorer list from Sarah and u can find trusty player (ofc i'm in lol)
i'm lvl 16.5 colorer
ask around for multiple advice and u will find the personn ur looking for ;)

Perhaps MA could introduce a special window for "service" providers that would allow an item to be "loaned" for 5 - 10 mins .

Paints etc could be traded in normal style but the actual item could only be loaned and cannot be traded on further.

That way everyone can feel more comfortable when using a service and perhaps a rep screen could be added before finalising the transaction:

Lil Sneaky Scammer has a colouring skill of 1
They have a reputation of -15/16
Do you wish to proceed with this trade?

gives you an idea of who you placing your trust in and will help establish a good rep for those that are legitimate, even for those who are just starting to trade.

People don't usually ask me for collateral, but if they do, I provide one.

A general word of advice is, don't give away an item that you are not prepared to lose.

And reputation is everything. Without it one cannot run a coloring business. So be kind, be professional and be honest.

Reputation is everything. Without it one cannot run a coloring business. So be kind, be professional and be honest.

Agreed :)

People don't usually ask me for collateral, but if they do, I provide one.

A general word of advice is, don't give away an item that you are not prepared to lose.

And reputation is everything. Without it one cannot run a coloring business. So be kind, be professional and be honest.

Well said.

I do wish that coloring/texturing was more setup like beauty. Would make it easier for the other player to see the final result.

Until then I offer e-mailed or uploaded photos of the finalized product, which can show the other player what their customizable item will look like before it is performed. This is one reason why the loan for 5-10min system wouldn't work because sometimes this takes longer than 5-10mins esp for people that aren't sure where they want their textures/colors.

Back