Question: How do you like the new CND name "F.O.M.A. - Fortuna"?

What do you think about the new name?

• I Love it!!!

Votes: 14 4.4%
  • I like it.

Votes: 22 7.0%
  • Simply "F.O.M.A." would have been better.

Votes: 38 12.1%
  • Just "Fortuna" would have been okay.

Votes: 50 15.9%
  • I liked "CND" better.

Votes: 34 10.8%
  • I hate it.

Votes: 84 26.7%
  • Whatever

Votes: 73 23.2%

• Total voters

Sofia

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Apsara Sofia Rozenkreutz
I talked with some friends and some pointed out how nobody has made a thread about it yet. So, what do our players think about the new choice of name? Let's find it out!! :)

Lets put it this way if I had bought ex-CND I wouldn't have called it that even if I was paid to...

I'm wondering if it'll affect the income of dome owners up there in a negative way that is...

Having said that I've heard other people say they like that name! Which I find astonishing maybe I should have asked if they've been smoking something :laugh:

Lets put it this way if I had bought ex-CND I wouldn't have called it that even if I was paid to...

I'm wondering if it'll affect the income of dome owners up there in a negative way that is...

Having said that I've heard other people say they like that name! Which I find astonishing maybe I should have asked if they've been smoking something :laugh:

yeah when i think of cnd i think of cnd ya know? go mine for stuff .. not go pirate hunting or whatever on NI.

btw someone pointed out F.O.M.A. could mean something colorful if you think about it.. something ma might not like lol

Why didn't u tell me this before I'll change my vote to like it :laugh:

Because you had to be objective about your first (or so far lasting) impression over the name.

Personally, the more I see it the less I like it. Also the poll now increasingly shows that most of people think it was a bad or wrong choice of a name, so I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that way.

This just goes to show how important the brand name itself is in marketing. It has to be short, memorable, catchy and likable. Maybe the owner should re-think the choice while it's not too late, otherwise this might leave a long term effect on the Asteroid's economy.

Last edited:
Everytime I see that name HoF or global...I think about making a tuna sandwhich.

FOR-TUNA

~TD

(doesn't mean I gonna stop going there...;p)

I like it to be honest.

I think he should have shared out the 5000 ped between all those who came up with the acronym of F.O.M.A. I
would have got at least 10 ped then, as it was I got jack. :laugh:

Voted F.O.M.A. as that is what I think most people will call it in general use.

Did the winner get 5k? Good luck to them anyway!

I think I'm on the way to deciding that the whole idea of allowing people to name their LAs was a bad one.

The name seems appropriate; half of it, anyway. :)

Fortuna (equivalent to the Greek goddess Tyche) was the goddess of fortune and personification of luck in Roman religion. She might bring good luck or bad: she could be represented as veiled and blind, as in modern depictions of Justice, and came to represent life's capriciousness. Fortuna - Wikipedia

Were the voters' choices actually part of the decision process? It appeared FOMA was always going to be part of the name from the verbiage in the contest rules... :scratch2:

The new name doesn't resonate with me, yet.

Pun or not, unfortunately the name is to long and awkward to be catchy.

And really darn annoying when it runs over and over on the global/hof list. On the other hand, that can work too. It's advertising either way

F O - M A - I paid a Fortune for this place.

I would say my proposition for "F.O.M.A. Diamond Domes" sounds better, then fortune... Dunno..

F.O.M.A. Fortune sounds pretty stupid if you ask me :D

but i like what foma can stand for :D

Don't like the name.

I don't like FOMA and I dont like Fortuna and I dont like both togheter.
but I like Calypso. Just the name gives you the filing abouth the game.
foma, fortuna, next island ... what the hell is this about :scratch2:

There should be guidlines for land area names. Including, but not limit to excessive use of capitals. All these names in capitals are so annoying!

You can shorten it with FF - so I like it ;)

I realy dont give a shit what he named it.

I think for general use and chat, most people will refer to it as FOMA in the same way as they previously called it CND.

The poll results are amusing in that "whatever" is the most popular choice. :)

Most of the badass players I know seem to thihnk the income they may get as a result of skills, knowledge & patience. So naming everything after "Lady Luck" is a bad idea.

And It's too soft.

Federated Orbital Multidome Asteroid

Well that just sounds like a jumble of words, possibly picked out of a hat :scratch2:

What relevant meaning does the word orbital have. Isn't everything in orbit anyway, or am I missing something? :ahh:

Back