Question: How do you like the new CND name "F.O.M.A. - Fortuna"?

What do you think about the new name?

• I Love it!!!

Votes: 14 4.4%
  • I like it.

Votes: 22 7.0%
  • Simply "F.O.M.A." would have been better.

Votes: 38 12.1%
  • Just "Fortuna" would have been okay.

Votes: 50 15.9%
  • I liked "CND" better.

Votes: 34 10.8%
  • I hate it.

Votes: 84 26.7%
  • Whatever

Votes: 73 23.2%

• Total voters
Regardless of what you call that rock it shall always be a ped-vacuum.:eyecrazy:

I guess I missed it, who did win the 5k PEDs? Whoever it was can we see a front page story on him / her?

Please Please.

name sounds a bit strange, but why not.

What I find funny though is when i see global from Dome 4 CND :shots:

Its okay... It isn`t CND anymore, so it needed a new name anyway. People got use to CND, so they may not like the new one at first. For me - i`m glad i will be seeing something different than ND everywhere.

About what "F.O.M.A could mean" - its inapropriate to speculate, laugh, because in reality you are laughing at the person/avatar... Its like in NBA when somebody makes a gay joke about Rudy Gay... Its just retarded...

whats in a name

im impressed.....by how unimpressive it is

don't go there myself,, unless i hit some nice loot and am feeling rich,, but now,, vacationing at Next Island :cool:

wonder if winner has ever been to domes to hunt or mine ?? :laugh:

It' s nice not to see the ND brand everywhere for once. However I think the new name is too long and awkward, and even worse is that the title is all in capitals. Always thought a name for a place should be short and punchy WITHOUT BEING TYPED IN A RETARDED FASHION THAT IS READ AS SHOUTING. Just having the asteroid named ' Fortuna' (typed properly) would have worked. To be honest, I'm feeling the same as Oleg, in that allowing people to name their LAs was probably a bad idea.

But it's not my asteroid, so whatever. :dunno:

FUCK OFF MIND ARK? :rolleyes:

:laugh:

lol!!

The last few days I saw all these hofs in my chat window. All saying "...F.O.M.A. Fortuna"
I had absolutely no idea where that was. :scratch2:

I was looking on my map and entropedia but couldn't find it. Then I saw this poll...

As a conservative persoon, I liked CND better. After all, it was his rock, in my eyes he founded it. And it was a cape, a far and distant rock in the faraway universe.

Also, F.O.M.A. Fortuna sounds a bit like the name of a football team.

So I voted, CND better

:yup:

I like it... nice with some change. :)

lol!!

The last few days I saw all these hofs in my chat window. All saying "...F.O.M.A. Fortuna"
I had absolutely no idea where that was. :scratch2:

I was looking on my map and entropedia but couldn't find it. Then I saw this poll...

As a conservative persoon, I liked CND better. After all, it was his rock, in my eyes he founded it. And it was a cape, a far and distant rock in the faraway universe.

Also, F.O.M.A. Fortuna sounds a bit like the name of a football team.

So I voted, CND better

:yup:
... +rep 4 Pesok! It helps EU! whats your score ? on that level ...

When I read "F.O.M.A." it make-a me foam-a at da mouth-a. But then I'm sorta from Chicago.

Everytime I see that name HoF or global...I think about making a tuna sandwhich.

FOR-TUNA

~TD

(doesn't mean I gonna stop going there...;p)

I agree with this, I can't take it seriously, everytime i see it I think.

F.O.M.A for fish!!!!! :laugh:

personaly i dont like it. think is to big and fortuna is inapropriate. should be only FOMA

what does it even mean?? if tried searching but find no solid answer.:scratch2:

Fortuna is like saying, "heeeeey, come and gamble on my land" Cant even understand MA let this name... imho it sucks, just FOMA would have been much much better :)

Fortuna is like saying, "heeeeey, come and gamble on my land" Cant even understand MA let this name... imho it sucks, just FOMA would have been much much better :)

Well whether you like it or not there is a luck factor involved)) remember the 90k ath with tt finder and oa109, or loads of other "ridiculous" unamped ubers?

It's not a bad name - seen myself globalling with it in chat few times actually made me like it better then club NEVERcaps ))

... +rep 4 Pesok! It helps EU! whats your score ? on that level ...

Not quite sure if I understand anything you wrote .

Who's Pesok?
What helps EU?
What's my score?
On what level?

:scratch2:

Hehehe, must be getting old I guess...

I think for general use and chat, most people will refer to it as FOMA in the same way as they previously called it CND.

The poll results are amusing in that "whatever" is the most popular choice. :)

As it stands, most votes are for "whatever" followed by "i hate it". And "whetever" is really at least as damning as "I hate it". What good is a marketing name nobody cares about?

I don't particularly like it, but hate is pretty strong.

Whatever is accurate, because to me it doesn't matter.

What I don't understand is why there was even a "contest" for a name, because right in the first post of the contest thread pesok states that he had already thought of the abbreviation F.O.M.A. himself? :scratch2:

How about PED Asteroid Paradise?

That way, after losing all your PED, you could say you got PAP smeared. :eyecrazy:

does the fortuna refer to the taxes applied or something? :silly2:

I think I'm on the way to deciding that the whole idea of allowing people to name their LAs was a bad one.

I'm with you:)

Props to the folks who stuck with the Shinook theme, and Atami's paradise fits in well... but there's alot of crap out there. Certain names just cannot be bastardized into place names... mine included!

Can we take away ND's ability to name mobs while we're at it?
________

That being said, I think we'll get used to whatever name is out there for the space asteroid... It's always been more about daspletor and mining mechanics anyway...

Props to the folks who stuck with the Shinook theme, and Atami's paradise fits in well... but there's alot of crap out there. Certain names just cannot be bastardized into place names... mine included!

Well... what if you had something like North Space Base and renamed it "Lilac Shores"? ;)

Well... what if you had something like North Space Base and renamed it "Lilac Shores"? ;)

I prefer "Dagnation", "DAGNYSEXPENSIVEVIRTUALEGOTRIP!", or "Look guys! Conspicuous Consumption!"

In seriousness though, 99% of the "Offical named" LA are either ancient greek based, or tribal sounding... I really think folks naming LA should try to keep with that.

hmm I voted that I hate it but tbh if it had been just the fortuna thing since the asteroid is somewhat connected to that. However F.O.M.A. just sounds like an insult. really.

If I had bought it I would have called it Mianus. And then when I raised enough money I'd start a sister astroid called Uranus.

Just for laughs

Mianus, not bad. Maybe need to add a new mineral then, Coprolite?

"Coprolite" is a scientific name for the fossilized excrement, feces or droppings of ancient animals. not to say you are an ancient animal, Sky!

i kind off hate it.

me personally would of called it "The Rock"
as it's on a meteor.
the name would be more catchy aswell.

funa or fuma or what the hell it is called now does not make wanting to go up there, it sounds like a sort of disease where u cant get rid of and prolly die from.:drool:

Back