Question: How far can a PP reach go ?

Status
No one metion it is extremely rare to got hit by a warp mine.
There is no out of steps of PP at this case, as I know they help flying noobs when stuck at outpost, healed, and what is wrong for repairing.
And official should have done more to avoid interuption of their organised promoted planet partner events.

Dear Santa (Mindark)

This christmas I hope nothing special. I just hope everyone is treated the same in this universe.

I hope my mothership will be fixed by MA/PP officials as well.

I hope I get the Fleet manager Avatar just like other MS owners has.

Could you fulfill my wish Santa and treat everyone equally.

Merry Christmas

Dear Santa (Mindark)

This christmas I hope nothing special. I just hope everyone is treated the same in this universe.

I hope my mothership will be fixed by MA/PP officials as well.

I hope I get the Fleet manager Avatar just like other MS owners has.

Could you fulfill my wish Santa and treat everyone equally.

Merry Christmas
Buy a planet and you can.

Looks like you are totally missing the point jwestonmoss. It is about who were repairing and why.
The concerns have been well stated by different players in this thread.
i get the argument being made, i really do.

but i'm not sure i see the point.

it would be one thing if a PP were using a special power, reserved only for PP's, to do something. Like a presto-change-o instant heal of the ship. Or instantly killing the enemy. Or spawning free items for dozens of players to help. Or something like that.

an extra body shaking an rk-0 is just something to whine about, there's no meaningful substance.

if a PP is doing something that any other player can do, with the same level of effort that any other player would use, then their status as PP is completely irrelevant. in effect, they are acting as a regular player. this is a nothingburger. unless there's some facts regarding what happened that i'm misunderstanding.

The video of the stream is available as it was a scheduled stream that was advertised after the recent VU to showcase the new content that was just released on both NI and Toulan that day. Hence why the PP officials were there to answer any questions from the community in the stream related to the recent update. The different PP officials have done this for countless other streamers and event organizers, numerous times, including myself. They would not have been there otherwise.
However, the Pirates and Co. knowing this, while watching, had other plans to interrupt the stream and to waste everyone’s time, especially that of the PP officials. This was not a stream related to space and the officials did not interfere with any pvp battle. This was at the Space Station afterwards and I am sure they just wanted to get on with the evening in promoting their respective planets and the new content. But as usual the same haters and trolls want to spin a story to suit their narrative.

It is no wonder why MA and officials go silent and tend to avoid interacting with the community.

Maybe if some of you people were less selfish, worrying about what you should get out of it and did things for the community rather than just trying to steal their loot or spread rumors and hate, you would be more appreciated.

DME, Socrates and Shawna have all been amazing community managers, prompting their planets, interacting and helping all members of the community whenever they can.
This is no exception.

Last edited:
Jwestonmoss you have made a reasonable point in your argument as per your quote

"if a PP is doing something that any other player can do, with the same level of effort that any other player would use, then their status as PP is completely irrelevant. in effect, they are acting as a regular player. this is a nothingburger. unless there's some facts regarding what happened that i'm misunderstanding".

Well the thing is how do we know there aren’t any such facts?

There was an image posted of 2 planet partners repairing a ship (well one anyway).

Did that cause any problems? Well no it probably simplified things for everybody.

But that is just a picture at one point in time. How do we know that later those very same PPs did not use RK45s.? Did they go an man the Normandie's cannons to blow that hapless pirate ship out of space.?

Well we don’t do we

The OP stated "This is an open topic about the reach of Planet partners not associated with Space or anything else related to their personal planets and their abilities to affect the outcome of a PVP encounter. This is an honest discussion and is not meant to promote any personal attacks."

Totally reasonable to ask this.

We have seen so much posted here. But what haven’t we seen? Well one word from the PPs themselves. Apparently they may have had a valid reason to be aboard the Normandie, the circumstance could have been such that it was reasonable & in everybody's interest to repair the Normandie.

The argument that they are above such things does not work as they were definitely not above the common stuff when they were repairing.

Could it be that the same “ haters and trolls" scared them off as Toto suggests.

A simple statement from them would have been sufficient to satisfy everyone I think – but maybe to much as passed now for that to work.

PS gz to the pirate that shot & looted JBK down at the last second when he was returning in triumph & glory - now that was funny :)

Last edited:
I was of the assumption a dev tool was used to repair the MS, at least thats what the first post made it look like to be. If this is/was the case they should have their repair skills removed like with DannyO. If they where using normal tools avaible to anyone I don't see the problem realy. PP are just players like everyone else and thuss should be able to do stuff like everyone else. If no dev tools where used why make the post in the first place?

Now that I know this I am officialy switching sides :D
that being said still think JBK should reply to people asking for a warp :p apparently I was not the only one

To be fair, the best and only UL repair tools in the Universe and UL Quads are currently dropping from the Space TEN Dropship boss wave event!!!111 ;D
But of course the Pirates and their trolls would not want to talk about this.
Feel free to contact me if you are an honest and active player looking to loot these rare items... ;)

Last edited:
To be fair, the best and only UL repair tools in the Universe and UL Quads are currently dropping from the Space TEN Dropship boss wave event!!!111 ;D
*Of course the Pirates and their tolls don't want you to know about this, but feel free to contact me if you are an honest active player looking to loot these rare items... ;)
I wish we can enter mayhem instances from the ships, I'd literally park ship at the wave :D

I was of the assumption a dev tool was used to repair the MS, at least thats what the first post made it look like to be. If this is/was the case they should have their repair skills removed like with DannyO. If they where using normal tools avaible to anyone I don't see the problem realy. PP are just players like everyone else and thuss should be able to do stuff like everyone else. If no dev tools where used why make the post in the first place?

Now that I know this I am officialy switching sides :D
that being said still think JBK should reply to people asking for a warp :p apparently I was not the only one
While this is a little offtopic let me address the pm issue.
Every evening 21.00 winterschedule or 20.00 summer schedule we run our 'bus' around the universe and we take requests for needed destinations however we are not a taxi we dont do vip flights anymore.
I try to answer every pm even when they come many hours before we actually start our flights but it can and does happen that i get so many messages that some scroll out of the history of the private chat windows and i have to look them up in the private chatlog and sometimes one gets missed.
In some nights i have only a couple messages and more time to be elaborate on others i have several dozend avatars all communicating with me same time and it isnt just flights, people see me starting schedule and suddendly have all kinds of questions and im happy to help were i can.
It is also not just me, my wife is advertising the flights so you have actually two entry points to make a flight request for schedule and you can use the public channel #space_travel as well if it draws close to flight time with only minutes to spare and you havent had an answer yet.
Further since we are a 'bus' style warpservice you are welcome to fly up and board the ship yourself if you already are on guestlist, if not you can request access after requesting it in pm (as a general principle i dont grant access without prior conversation as often i have to make space in the guestlist before i can accept new ones - limit is 500). Sometimes it helps to 'wave' the bus if you feel like you are about to get missed, eg pm a second / third time or mention in the public channel.
Furthermore there is a limit to the number of chatwindows the game allows, this also limits the amount of private chats that i can have open in separate windows and forces me often to bundle chatwindows and/or keep some chats in the combined private chat window where a single message can get lost amoung others - there is no ill intention its just that in a game of thousands of players some nights are more busy then others.

Status
Back