Question: How far can a PP reach go ?

Status

chances

Dominant
Society
Nebula Virus Elite
Chances Bender Mark II
Hi, I was with my friends in a Mothership engaging in PVP with another Mothership in lootable PVP.
Once we destroyed the Mothership, their crew started a livestream on twitch whilst repairing back at Erebos space station (in the middle of space).
On stream appeared 2 players with stars above their heads, one equipped a repair tool and began repairing.

The Planet Partner who was repairing was associated with Toulan and Monria and was repairing a ship bound for Next Island.
They offered - on stream - to use their teleport abilities to transport at least one of the crew over to Next Island to continue with their own endeavors.
However the other planet partner associated with Next Island offered no such teleport and self admittedly turned down a repair tool from the opposite Planet Partner to assist.

How far should a Planet Partners reach go in-game, especially when it has nothing to do with their planet - is this OK ?

(This is an open topic about the reach of Planet partners not associated with Space or anything else related to their personal planets and their abilities to affect the outcome of a PVP encounter. This is an honest discussion and is not meant to promote any personal attacks.)

index.php

I think the issue is if players are playing properly within the rules a developer from Monria or NI PP can not step in and use their advantaged EU abilities to help one set against another and show either favoritism live on a Twitch stream or any other way in the game in regards to player trust.

Whichever side you come down on regarding Space PvP or pirates, It is NOT acceptable!

If players are playing their game within the rules and spending money, no matter how you slice it, this was dirty.

It is after all: PVP= Player Vs Player and NOT Player Vs Player & EU officials.

I think the issue is if players are playing properly within the rules a developer from Monria or NI PP can not step in and use their advantaged EU abilities to help one set against another and show either favoritism live on a Twitch stream or any other way in the game in regards to player trust.

Whichever side you come down on regarding Space PvP or pirates, It is NOT acceptable!

If players are playing their game within the rules and spending money, no matter how you slice it, this was dirty.

It is after all: PVP= Player Vs Player and NOT Player Vs Player & EU officials.
100% agree rose

This is not right. Planet Partners should not influence actions outside of their boundaries let alone in a PVP area ( no matter which pvp zone involved) supporting one party over another. The game should remove this ability opinions so that issues like this dont reoccur in future.

The fact that Motherships are owned by Planet Partners and Moon Owners appears to be ok with Mindark. The fact that they use alt and mule avatars to share the mother ships is also ok to Mindark... They don't care that it allows Planet Partners to be in multiple places at once all over space and beyond.

They consider them just special avatars with the ability to do whatever the heck they want whenver the heck they want. Not fair, but it's Mindark's game. Been trying to get them to fix multi-use accounts, shared mule accounts, etc. forever, including planet owned ones, but they don't care so it's pointless to even try really because you are talking to a brick wall that won't listen.

I believe for fairness PP officials should not interfere in PVP.

However, I can also see why it happened. Most officials casually help with repairs without a 2nd thought especially in newb areas, and probably assumed it was ok here too.

So ya, PVP no, pve during hosted events sure why not.

Done with a private avatar that has no special powers is one thing, done by an official avatar is another entirely.

It seems that it was done outside of the battle so not sure if there is any real consequence but still they should probably keep away from pvp entirely so they don't muddy the waters.

During some events, such as the latest Vanguard spawn, we recieved help from Planet Calypso officials, free healing against robots, it also happens on other planets, that's totally fine imho and is very welcomed, as it is Humans vs AI.

In this case, it's humans vs humans (even if there are some do*ches in a team or another), a fight in a PvP area is within the rules, the most basic rule in any game, an official should never step in in this kind of situation or giving any advantages to a party over another.

We all know everyone isn't treated the same, it's been like that since the launch of Entropia, nothing new, but come on try to hide it at least =)

I remember two Dark Knights members "recieving help" from Planet Arkadia officials, they got both banned for six months, a legit ban or not, everyone has its own opinion.

I'm not a PvP guy, I do not like pirates at all and I do like what the "other party" brought to the game and all the help they gave but I wish it would be more fair.

Keep up the good work officials.

Last edited:
So in all the support tickets I have been told to put in by these useless support members, they find the time to log in and repair ships but not answer my tickets about this broken game.. Seriously?
Pretty sure PP’s don’t directly handle support tickets as that’s typically an MA thing (most of the time anyways).

Space is basically a joint area, so if PP avatars want to do something like they’re already allowed to do like healing, etc. then no big deal.

This was after the fighting was done, so no advantage was being given by just repairing a bit. If anything, it’s known that if a PP avatar is around, they’ll help players out a bit at their discretion with random one-off things that are more convenience as opposed to major game advantages. Even for teleporting, not really a huge advantage if it’s not a regular occurrence for just certain players. That’s where I’d draw the line at least.

Last edited:
Space is basically a joint area, so if PP avatars want to do something like they’re already allowed to do like healing, etc. then no big deal.

This was after the fighting was done, so no advantage was being given by just repairing a bit. If anything, it’s known that if a PP avatar is around, they’ll help players out a bit at their discretion with random one-off things that are more convenience as opposed to major game advantages. Even for teleporting, not really a huge advantage if it’s not a regular occurrence for just certain players.
I have never seen a PP/EU Dev partner jump to a MS , "Oh please..let me repair it for you" on anyones MS. in a far out Space station.
Yes, I have seen EU officials heal at events to Everyone..but not and nor can this be justified in all good conscience and fairness. This would show the community that there is favortism and a tilt in fair play in the game . Trust would be lost in any future event or planet and given away to their favorite clique.

Last edited:
So, you are saying you watched the Twitch stream completely? You do realize they have that invisibilty thing and never I have ever seen a PP/EU Dev partner jump to a MS , "Oh please..let me repair it for you" on anyones MS. Yes, I have seen EU officials heal at events to Everyone..but not and nor can this be justified in all good conscience and fairness.
I’m going off of what was described here so far. Obviously my opinion could change if there was something significantly different happening, but from what people have articulated, it sounds like pretty minor healing type activity in a non-PVP area of the space station.

I have never seen a PP/EU Dev partner jump to a MS , "Oh please..let me repair it for you" on anyones MS in a far out Space station. Yes, I have seen EU officials heal at events to Everyone..but not and nor can this be justified in all good conscience and fairness. This would show the community that there is favoritism and a tilt in fair play in the game . Trust would be lost in any future event or planet and given away to their favorite clique.
Go off it again..I added to it as it is very odd.

Last edited:
I’m going off of what was described here so far. Obviously my opinion could change if there was something significantly different happening, but from what people have articulated, it sounds like pretty minor healing type activity in a non-PVP area of the space station.
Hi, If what you stipulated was true then there would really be no issue as nobody would have worried about it.
The problem is that the battle was far from over.

What else did the Planet Partners help them with ?
Were they shooting from the Mothership turrets at us also ?

When I'm short of crew in lootable PVP I would also like to be able to have some Planet Partners teleport into my ship in deep space and help to repair at least, if they can shoot for 1 ped per shot or whatever it is these days then that would be fantastic also.

Where do I sign up for this service ?

How much do I have to spend in-game to qualify for this service ?

Or is it only available to the chosen few ?

Just putting it out there...

this is pretty much how i feel about this

i mean, come on. was the officials repairing the ship while you were fighting?

i doubt it. but you make assumptions.

keep throwing gasoline into the fire and hopefully one day this stupid lootable pvp in space is gone.

When I'm short of crew in lootable PVP I would also like to be able to have some Planet Partners teleport into my ship in deep space and help to repair at least, if they can shoot for 1 ped per shot or whatever it is these days then that would be fantastic also.
While i agree that PP should be carefull with interactions like this it's worth noting that as far as we know the repairing took place while the ship was docked at SS. So not in lootable PVP/deep space.

Should not be allowed to intervene in PVP IMO. Normandie did get a advantage being able to go back to the pirates faster to kill them back.

Last edited:
Ok so if the PP avatars did not repair during the attack but only after ship had been destroyed I am not sure it has caused any issues here. All it did was get the ship active quicker, which means they get out of the area quicker, allowing pirates to set next warp mine sooner, after all they don't want the same ship again, they already checked that one. So as long as the repping was purely at the SS, I cant see any problem at all.
That said, if the PP acts as crew on their ship during warps, then repping even during the battle (so long as using standard tools) is no different than any owner repping their ship. When this ship was operated by others on behalf of the PP, you can bet they would have used every person to rep, and no-one would have thought it wrong. It would only be wrong on this occasion if they teleported themselves to a ship under attack in order to help. Which does not seem to have been the case here.
As a separate issue, if they did indeed offer to teleport customers to a planet, then I do feel that crosses the line, not just for pirates but other space users also

Last edited:
I take the topic in the larger question "HOW FAR?"
1. they should not lend out officer items 100%
2. shared mules to carry people? i MA stated already that PP are not subject to TOS but we dont know the "Agreement" on whith they are to stick to
3. a pp should own a MS and do free travel? probably not due there is some "warper" that try to recoup the 5000 to 20.000 eur they paid for a vessel out of it, but doing it once a week or a day is not a relevant issue
4. a PP should be allowed to make good events and attract people with well made quest and good chains and armors ? probably YES and in fact NO... as cyrene lured players to 20% of playerbase its quest was removed..... happy anniversary... it is in december one year that the cyrene armor quest was destroyed.

all in all repairing off-combat with normal RK25 and decaying welding wire is just adding to the loot pool..... i see not an issue in that.

killing 49% of a monster with a "Marco" and help ppl to kill it should not happen of course.

Healing in events..... PP take back a share of its decay so they just heal for some 1%. less cost thatn other players... again i see no big problame, their decay go into loot pool

maybe it is "much ado about nothing".....

As a separate issue, if they did indeed offer to teleport customers to a planet, then I do feel that crosses the line, not just for pirates but other space users also
As far as i know DME and Socrates don't have that ability, they only have the ability to insta-tp themself. But if that would be the case it would be wrong because that could also avoid some costs for customers and thus unfair benefit.

Ok this is what happen, one of the crew on the Mothership combat logged - ill leave it at that. We were waiting for them to relog and shoot them whilst their MS was being repaired at the station.

We were watching the stream and thinking ... great, theres no way we're going to get a chance to loot this body.

So after a while they returned with backup and shot our ship down, their crew member logged back in a moment after but was looted by a pirate waiting at the location.

So yeah look it went good for us at the end of the day but thats not the point of this thread.

If it went the opposite way they would be gloating and carrying on like they won some massive battle.... yeah, with whos help.

Some clarifications;

This live stream is all completely visible here -
( I will also save it so it doesn't drop off in 30 days for anyone reading this thread in the future) .

The context -
As you can see from the title of the stream, its purpose was "Pre-Planet Partner VU info". I had been working the past couple of weeks on gathering all of the public information available to be able to showcase what we could expect, hope for and discuss for the up coming VU. The planet partners were in the stream, as they often are in many streams, to help answer questions or clarify misconceptions ( or me just talking rubbish!).

I had planned to stream from Next Island, however whilst booting up the stream I wasn't paying enough attention and got warp mined - private flight, me going to NI to stream. As the stream is on a schedule, I had to go live anyway.

What happened -
Instead of Molochs as planned, the first hour of the stream is me repairing the ship, whilst trying my best to not allow the pirates to derail the intentions of the stream. I was alone and trying my best to hold it all together, when the PP's popped in - both of whom planets were a topic of the stream.

Clarification on points raised -
  • PPs were only on board whilst the ship was docked at the space station, not out in battle.
  • PPs were not on guns at any point.
  • I have no idea where this "insta-teleporting" lie comes in, at no point were passengers ( we didn't have any!) or myself insta-teleported anywhere
  • In regards to advantage to get back to battle quicker, this is untrue. I spent over an hour faffing about with repairing inconsistently, it took a further hour before we decided where to go next. 2 hours into the stream was when I decided to fly again. In those 2 hours we had played mini games on stream, I had been afk on a break a couple of times, we had lots of chats whilst not repairing. There was absolutely no speed advantage gained. If anything we left the space station much later than usual due to covering the up coming VU items.

Just for some further information for those reading this thread having not watched what happened or aware of the characters involved- The OP is a pirate with nebula virus, however he doesn't hide this part which is refreshing. There are however several people on this thread who have been instrumental in the harassment and trolling of many genuine players in the game, these people are quite happy to see anyone trying to promote or encourage the game- get hurt and harassed to quite often extreme extents, and will often jump on any opportunity to make this happen.

We try tirelessly to promote the game, engage and help - yet it seems the more you do to promote our beloved game, the more hate that is generated. I cant win 😔

4 people downloaded Entropia that I am aware of from that one stream alone. Countless others re-engage with the game when being welcomed back into the greatness that the community can be when not ripping each other to shreds.

Last edited:
A couple of points without going into any character attacks as this is not the intention of the thread. Just a couple of questions...
  • You didnt need to fully repair if your intention was to quickly get to Next Island, you could have warped 5 mins after.
  • PP's were helping you repair because you needed to come back to pick up your passenger who logged out in lootable PVP.

A couple of points without going into any character attacks as this is not the intention of the thread. Just a couple of questions...
  • You didnt need to fully repair if your intention was to quickly get to Next Island, you could have warped 5 mins after.
  • PP's were helping you repair because you needed to come back to pick up your passenger who logged out in lootable PVP.
You know that without the ship comming back and killing yours i wouldnt have logged back in ;)
I could have stayed a day offline do some christmas shopping and log back in after server reset with no pirate nearby.
Normandie could have been repairing all the way back to the gate to safe time, but instead the ship got fully repaired at station, waited for more crew to arrive by themselfs before heading back - you saw it all on stream and had plenty of time to call in your own reenforcements if you thought to need some.

I agree that officials should not help in battle or to cut down time to reengage in battle , this however was neither it was more mental support and showing presence on streamm while their upcomming ppvu was discussed.

On a broader note - planet partners have very little power in space, there is plenty of bugs/design issues that get used by players to take advantages far greater - like logging alt accounts on a ship to use as additional gunners to kill other players for loot - there were plenty of peeople logging on Krusenstern when it was going down...

You know that without the ship comming back and killing yours i wouldnt have logged back in ;)
I could have stayed a day offline do some christmas shopping and log back in after server reset with no pirate nearby.
Normandie could have been repairing all the way back to the gate to safe time, but instead the ship got fully repaired at station, waited for more crew to arrive by themselfs before heading back - you saw it all on stream and had plenty of time to call in your own reenforcements if you thought to need some.

I agree that officials should not help in battle or to cut down time to reengage in battle , this however was neither it was more mental support and showing presence on streamm while their upcomming ppvu was discussed.

On a broader note - planet partners have very little power in space, there is plenty of bugs/design issues that get used by players to take advantages far greater - like logging alt accounts on a ship to use as additional gunners to kill other players for loot - there were plenty of peeople logging on Krusenstern when it was going down...

I'm not on here to gloat about the outcome of a battle, it was never my intention to get into that discussion because the outcome went as well as we could have hoped for.
There is a separate video for that if you would like to comment on a personal level.

This thread is only to ask some question about Planet Partner roles in ... well ok lets be honest - a failed attempt at rescue mission to help a crew member - NOT travel to Next Island quickly.

Hard to comment on an individual event, most of this is he says she says, I don't like you so I'll say this.

However, in general I would say;
1. Planet Partners should stay just that. On their planet or planet space station.
2. Planet Partners should not help one individual. Mass heals at an event fine. repairing an individuals items. That is unfair.
3. Planet partners should not get involved in PVP or anything avatar vs avatar when in game.

In this case, where it gets really hard is the person in question does a lot for the game and new players. This is such a grey area. Would be good if there were some guidelines in place for PP interaction with us in game.

Status
Back