Question: How far can a PP reach go ?

Status
Some clarifications;

This live stream is all completely visible here -
( I will also save it so it doesn't drop off in 30 days for anyone reading this thread in the future) .

The context -
As you can see from the title of the stream, its purpose was "Pre-Planet Partner VU info". I had been working the past couple of weeks on gathering all of the public information available to be able to showcase what we could expect, hope for and discuss for the up coming VU. The planet partners were in the stream, as they often are in many streams, to help answer questions or clarify misconceptions ( or me just talking rubbish!).

I had planned to stream from Next Island, however whilst booting up the stream I wasn't paying enough attention and got warp mined - private flight, me going to NI to stream. As the stream is on a schedule, I had to go live anyway.

What happened -
Instead of Molochs as planned, the first hour of the stream is me repairing the ship, whilst trying my best to not allow the pirates to derail the intentions of the stream. I was alone and trying my best to hold it all together, when the PP's popped in - both of whom planets were a topic of the stream.

Clarification on points raised -
  • PPs were only on board whilst the ship was docked at the space station, not out in battle.
  • PPs were not on guns at any point.
  • I have no idea where this "insta-teleporting" lie comes in, at no point were passengers ( we didn't have any!) or myself insta-teleported anywhere
  • In regards to advantage to get back to battle quicker, this is untrue. I spent over an hour faffing about with repairing inconsistently, it took a further hour before we decided where to go next. 2 hours into the stream was when I decided to fly again. In those 2 hours we had played mini games on stream, I had been afk on a break a couple of times, we had lots of chats whilst not repairing. There was absolutely no speed advantage gained. If anything we left the space station much later than usual due to covering the up coming VU items.

Just for some further information for those reading this thread having not watched what happened or aware of the characters involved- The OP is a pirate with nebula virus, however he doesn't hide this part which is refreshing. There are however several people on this thread who have been instrumental in the harassment and trolling of many genuine players in the game, these people are quite happy to see anyone trying to promote or encourage the game- get hurt and harassed to quite often extreme extents, and will often jump on any opportunity to make this happen.

We try tirelessly to promote the game, engage and help - yet it seems the more you do to promote our beloved game, the more hate that is generated. I cant win 😔

4 people downloaded Entropia that I am aware of from that one stream alone. Countless others re-engage with the game when being welcomed back into the greatness that the community can be when not ripping each other to shreds.
I think this misunderstanding when it comes to insta-tp were when DME should jump to Caly to hand out a price from
the Monria event.

I agree that officials should not help in battle or to cut down time to reengage in battle , this however was neither it was more mental support and showing presence on streamm while their upcomming ppvu was discussed.

The topic here is Planet Partners and their abilities. One popped up after you're shot down to assist in repairs. The other made it clear he was offered a repair tool and turned it down because he did not like the idea of asserting influence and was there to represent his planet as it was the planet on topic.

Having a planet partner repair a ship, so that ship can retaliate is on the lines if they sat at a revival terminal and gave you heals so you could go back out and fight. It's not right. To another point, they only saw the member repairing at the station. Nobody can say for sure what they did during the battle. The fact they were involved is the issue.

The topic at hand here lies with the Planet Partners ability to influence game play. Please refrain from putting down other peoples opinions based on what your party feels is aimed at them. This is directed toward the party with stars located above them.

Ahh, glorious days when we now have video evidence from virtual universes.

From both sides' reports it really only makes a difference on this occasion in that the ship went back out for part two of the battle a earlier than it would have done otherwise. It appears that both teams scored in the second battle with one of their objectives each.
The streaming itself was presumably helpful to the pirates, but the show must go on, as they say.

On the topic of PPs getting 'involved', the one should not have repped, even at the station, as it changes the timings and thus alters events, even if both sides are actually happy ultimately. If it were a football ref helping to remove water from a soggy pitch at half time by driving the giant vacuum cleaner tractory thing, so that the game could restart again earlier (or at the same time but a drier pitch), could that be called interference by the losing side, though, after the fact? Well, it could be, so officials should stay out of any action to be on the 'safe' side of any potential wrong-doing.

Interesting topic, thanks for sharing...

I mean it's time to completely rip the Lootable PvP between planets bandaid off. Great changes have happened recently in space where most of Lootable was removed so people can finally enjoy space. Time to remove the rest and not have ANY lootable zones between planets which should of happened years ago to help the game and other planets grow.

With that said there should be Space Land Grabs for people that enjoy that sort of thing and to utilize the MS's for battle and control rare areas in space. Hope an update can be done. So a lootable zone like on planet where there are rare mobs and hopefully some day asteroid mining and other space content. Just get the lootable between planets removed and cleaned up to improve the game and this confusion.

Thanks

I remember a time where an Official from caly actually got "fired" cuz he in a drunk mode had spawned mobs on planet for the fun, so if he can get fired for something that can be fun for all, i wonder what is gonna be done when it something like this.
MA officials NEEDS to stay out of the game play. They are hired to help players that has issues ingame or to promote their planets. They are NOT babysitters for people. I wonder if it had been another MS if that ship had been offered the same service as is shown here?
And what is next? Is this gonna happen at LGs on land too? that one soc can have an PP stand there healing the soc trying to get the LG? Cuz honestly there is no diffence. Pvp is pvp, space or not.

I remember a time where an Official from caly actually got "fired" cuz he in a drunk mode had spawned mobs on planet for the fun, so if he can get fired for something that can be fun for all, i wonder what is gonna be done when it something like this.
MA officials NEEDS to stay out of the game play. They are hired to help players that has issues ingame or to promote their planets. They are NOT babysitters for people. I wonder if it had been another MS if that ship had been offered the same service as is shown here?
And what is next? Is this gonna happen at LGs on land too? that one soc can have an PP stand there healing the soc trying to get the LG? Cuz honestly there is no diffence. Pvp is pvp, space or not.
Many others also remember this but nowadays it’s very inconvenient since this has become quite a nepotistic game. We who remember the ethical part of the company are now shuned and treated like evil doers.. “against the system” and dragged on the mud at every opportunity

I pay to play just as much as anyone else here, have my own investments in the game… like me many many others do the same if not more…
Why do We not get any preferencial treatment like others?

Why does this even have to be a concern? It’s appalling to realize certain things get handed down for free to some, while to others it’s a monthly fee or anual fee or weekly fee or daily fee

couldn’t care less for the situation In which this issue manifested itself but this should be taken more seriously as it just shows lack of professionalism and ethos.

And for those saying it’s ok to do this: no PP ever puts fertilizer in my LA, maybe they should? Maybe I should start streaming too in order to get this and more services? You tell me if that’s ethical.

Last edited:
The topic here is Planet Partners and their abilities. One popped up after you're shot down to assist in repairs. The other made it clear he was offered a repair tool and turned it down because he did not like the idea of asserting influence and was there to represent his planet as it was the planet on topic.

Having a planet partner repair a ship, so that ship can retaliate is on the lines if they sat at a revival terminal and gave you heals so you could go back out and fight. It's not right. To another point, they only saw the member repairing at the station. Nobody can say for sure what they did during the battle. The fact they were involved is the issue.
The "other" said " I don't have a tool to help " & did not want one when offered. You and anyone else are of course free to interpret that anyway you wish, and what the wider implication may have been.

Its all of course recorded on stream.

I do think I should point out here that at the point that the PP's were on the ship, we had no intentions of going back to kill the pirates. As stated previously they were only with us while the ship was docked at the station. They did not give us a time advantage as it was literally hours later that we made the decision to fly to the pirates. As far as the PP's were concerned at that time we were going to next island. We only made the decision much later after several of our crew logged in and another ship was scrambled.

Whilst I appreciate that those reading the thread have moved onto the wider picture of what ability PPs should have, and its a good conversation to be having - I do think it is important to point out that on this occasion what the pirates are construing to be an advantage ( ie to get back to battle quicker) was not what happened here.

Last edited:
Planet Partners should not be involved in player aspects of EU, unless public notification is given prior to an event. If it is true that dev's helped in any way, then there "should" be consequences to those involved.

Before I share my thoughts on this I just want to state that I do not dislike any of the people involved in this scenerio and I mean no malice against any one involved.

However I feel that even with the most innocent of cases that the optics on this are very bad. When any player becomes so friendly with a ma offical to the point where you see them helping you with your game play it just looks bad. It looks like you have an unfair advantage. Whether you are getting an unfair advantages doesn't even matter because doubt has been cast.

No mind ark official should cross the line between official and team mate. Having MA officials repairing a ship after it's been shot down by pirates makes the offical look more like a team mate and friend than someone on duty working for a real cash economy game.

Mind ark has a long history of shady stories about how officals helped other players gain unfair advantages in the game. This is a real cash economy and collusion of any sort is wrong and causes the player base to lose faith.

It just screams favortism. There are no ma employees standing at the revive of pvp4 waiting to heal players so they can get back out there. They shouldn't be on ships doing the same thing.

It's just like my current pet peeve where important information doesn't always get posted on the forum first for players to read about. It gets posted on private player discord channels and then passed along. It's not the way a company should be conducting business, especially in a real cash economy.

People go to jail in real life for collusion. Mindark if you are reading this perhaps you need to give your employees and planet partners proper training on what they can and should not do within their official roles when logged into the universe.

From ma officials loaning out their items, to repairing ships , it's just not a good look. We'll soon be celebrating 20 years of Entropia... how long does it take to learn from past mistakes?

index.php

has anyone reported this? Keep us updated what they say if you have..

Many others also remember this but nowadays it’s very inconvenient since this has become quite a nepotistic game. We who remember the ethical part of the company are now shuned and treated like evil doers.. “against the system” and dragged on the mud at every opportunity

I pay to play just as much as anyone else here, have my own investments in the game… like me many many others do the same if not more…
Why do We not get any preferencial treatment like others?

Why does this even have to be a concern? It’s appalling to realize certain things get handed down for free to some, while to others it’s a monthly fee or anual fee or weekly fee or daily fee

couldn’t care less for the situation In which this issue manifested itself but this should be taken more seriously as it just shows lack of professionalism and ethos.

And for those saying it’s ok to do this: no PP ever puts fertilizer in my LA, maybe they should? Maybe I should start streaming too in order to get this and more services? You tell me if that’s ethical.
Before I share my thoughts on this I just want to state that I do not dislike any of the people involved in this scenerio and I mean no malice against any one involved.

However I feel that even with the most innocent of cases that the optics on this are very bad. When any player becomes so friendly with a ma offical to the point where you see them helping you with your game play it just looks bad. It looks like you have an unfair advantage. Whether you are getting an unfair advantages doesn't even matter because doubt has been cast.

No mind ark official should cross the line between official and team mate. Having MA officials repairing a ship after it's been shot down by pirates makes the offical look more like a team mate and friend than someone on duty working for a real cash economy game.

Mind ark has a long history of shady stories about how officals helped other players gain unfair advantages in the game. This is a real cash economy and collusion of any sort is wrong and causes the player base to lose faith.

It just screams favortism. There are no ma employees standing at the revive of pvp4 waiting to heal players so they can get back out there. They shouldn't be on ships doing the same thing.

It's just like my current pet peeve where important information doesn't always get posted on the forum first for players to read about. It gets posted on private player discord channels and then passed along. It's not the way a company should be conducting business, especially in a real cash economy.

People go to jail in real life for collusion. Mindark if you are reading this perhaps you need to give your employees and planet partners proper training on what they can and should not do within their official roles when logged into the universe.

From ma officials loaning out their items, to repairing ships , it's just not a good look. We'll soon be celebrating 20 years of Entropia... how long does it take to learn from past mistakes?

The fact you have to say the first paragraph says a lot more than any other argument out here these days sadly…

Im also quoting my own post because I also have to say “that I do not dislike any of the people involved in this scenerio and I mean no malice against any one involved”

sad days

So I was not sure if I wanted to get involved with this but as someone who has put a lot of money in this game, owned some of the most valuable items in game, owned land areas and space ship. I was one of the first streamer and had many many people viewing me play this game I feel I need to say something.

In my time playing here I have never had a Planet Partner official come out to one of my event, on any of the four LAs I owned over the years, not once have I had a Planet Partner Official on the ship I owned, not once have I had a Planet Partner official in my stream. So I have to ask, if its not favoritism what is it?

I wouldn't expect a Planet Partner official to interfere with my game play or anyone else. Sure mass heals at a Planet event but not the day to day play that us gamers do.

Last edited:
we had no intentions of going back to kill the pirates. As stated previously they were only with us while the ship was docked at the station. They did not give us a time advantage as it was literally hours later that we made the decision to fly to the pirates.

This is simply not factual whatsoever.

As I have stated - and you know this as well as anyone - You do not need your ship to be fully repaired to warp, 1 click on each repair point and off you go.

You were at the station organizing to come back and rescue your crew member - with whatever means possible at your disposal.

Otherwise you would have been at your event at Next Island with only a 5 minute delay at best.

The point of this thread is not to defend actions, its simply to point out that interference from Planet Partners should not have been in play at all.

Entire thing seems easy to me.

This was a streaming event which offers insight into the game which helps draw in new players.

There were PP aboard to represent the company aspect.

One PP repaired a ship at rest , which was a step too far in the eyes from pirates whom have every right to be suspicious.

The PP went too far , but that person had no bearing on the eventual outcome , but should make a short public apology to clear the air. Let us not forget that most or all PP are previous players and do this for the love of this game. I have known this PP for many years in the game , and her passion for Entropia is boundless.

There was no collusion here , and the offense is not worthy of another space conspiracy . Which I believe the OP has stated this thread is only here to point out the PP should not have been involved in gameplay.

What I get from this entire thread is space folk are protective and lovers of their professions , and at times it can get heated.

Why was a Planet Partner on a ship repairing? I don't see an issue with them hanging out at their planets space station, but in the middle of space directly interacting with a pvp situation? that is crossing a line.

Is there now an Entropia affiliate program on Twitch? If not why are planet partners appearing on a stream? Are they showing up on all streams now? While we're at it, why are they allowed to spawn event and boss mobs for a streamer? It NEEDS to be posted in a public location like the planet splash page or forum with at least 24 hours notice so everyone can be involved so it is not an exclusive event. Example: Arkadian Planet Partners spawn boss/event mobs for certain groups only and the chance of a new/special item drops and that can be perceived as potential favoritism. These kind of things have been happening for YEARS, but needs to be stamped out all together.

Simply its like this, If you want to heal on your planet in an event, you should have the right to, however you shouldn't be able to give any perceived advantage in any situation, especially PvP. We all put money into this game. Nobody should out weigh another persons rights or abilities.

Is there now an Entropia affiliate program on Twitch?
No but there should be IMO. I have seen so many dedicated and excellent Entropia streamers out there who should be encouraged to continue to support the game.

If not why are planet partners appearing on a stream? Are they showing up on all streams now?
They usually appear when a streamer is focussing content on their planet, and yes they appear in many streams or lurk in those with not such an active chat, helping where they can. I think we all should encourage this, for so long we complained of a lack of interaction, yet as soon as they begin to step up across all the platforms, the first thing we do is whine :(

While we're at it, why are they allowed to spawn event and boss mobs for a streamer? It NEEDS to be posted in a public location like the planet splash page or forum with at least 24 hours notice so everyone can be involved so it is not an exclusive event.
I agree, hence why the Boss waves events we make are advertised multi platform well in advance, open to all, no entry fee, no tickets, no registration, no level requirement, no skill requirement and we pay for all costs for travel, and organise the teams of lovely players who work tirelessly to make it all run smoothly.

I clearly can't answer all the questions, but I will keep trying to fight the good fight, and promote all the great parts of our universe.

Last edited:
I'm sure all of it was fairly harmless and no godlike repair tool was used, but this is completely unacceptable regardless. Defending it as being ok is madness.

Let's just make sure that this dont happens again
the past is gone.
Purates deserve not only to be killed by MS s but also to see their CPU burn.
anyway despitoe all opinionm there remain the doubt atht the intervention of PP was relevant.
and this is the problem.... CREATING ISSUES
just AVOID messing with players out of Sweat circle field healing.... simple......
no action.... no reaction.... EZ

If this was legal then DannyO using the official heal tool was legal also. MA should take measures against all involved. It's even greater than an official took part and interfered with players, after all an apartment or a mothership its still pleyer owned. Stop wrapping it in Christmas paper. Its called advantage, its called abuse of powers.

In my time playing here I have never had a Planet Partner official come out to one of my event, on any of the four LAs I owned over the years, not once have I had a Planet Partner Official on the ship I owned, not once have I had a Planet Partner official in my stream. So I have to ask, if its not favoritism what is it?

First, always enjoyed your streams and they were very entertaining. Heck just clicked on your Twitch link and watched a 4 year old VOD. Now as to answer your question. To be fair, the PP activity 3-4 years ago when you were streaming was non existent. The game is different now with far more Planet Partner development than ever before in the history of this game. I was on Cyrene right after the VU and just mentioned in chat a Quest wasn't working 2 mins latter got an Official with a star appeared on me at my location checking into it. The game has made a lot of PP development that was massive and the engagement is vastly greater now. I'd be more willing to say objectively this is the case and it's not favoritism.

So I feel like if you were to start streaming again we would see PP's appear on your stream. Not just PP's but Planet Partners. ;)

Bonnie and JBK, thanks for all your effort and promotion of the game.

It is bound to generate jealousy and assumptions from outsiders (inside the game) but you can't let that bring you down.

I, amongst many many others in this game, appreciate your effort and promotion of the game.

I wish you had more recognition for it.

Bonnie and JBK, thanks for all your effort and promotion of the game.

It is bound to generate jealousy and assumptions from outsiders (inside the game) but you can't let that bring you down.

I, amongst many many others in this game, appreciate your effort and promotion of the game.

I wish you had more recognition for it.

Only foot toes can be seen from their... I can not say or I'll get banned, but you know what i meant to say :D

Yes. How is that related to PP official repairing ship for free in pvp event?
Did you not read Bonnie and JBK's reply, or watch the stream posted in this very thread?

Clarification on points raised -
  • PPs were only on board whilst the ship was docked at the space station, not out in battle.
  • PPs were not on guns at any point.
  • I have no idea where this "insta-teleporting" lie comes in, at no point were passengers ( we didn't have any!) or myself insta-teleported anywhere
  • In regards to advantage to get back to battle quicker, this is untrue. I spent over an hour faffing about with repairing inconsistently, it took a further hour before we decided where to go next. 2 hours into the stream was when I decided to fly again. In those 2 hours we had played mini games on stream, I had been afk on a break a couple of times, we had lots of chats whilst not repairing. There was absolutely no speed advantage gained. If anything we left the space station much later than usual due to covering the up coming VU items.

Do you also complain about PP's healing during wave events that everyone may join?

I'm not exactly sure what is causing your fit tbh. Care to explain?

Status
Back