Question: How long will this go on??? (Warning, mentor whining)

Raynaldp

Provider
Society
Ido's Beauty Parlor
Raynaldo Scott Garcia
How, just HOW long will this go on? I can't get a disciple who is actually willing to learn anything... when I get a disciple, I teach him around with the basics, yada yada, and to let him see some fun and not quit because sweating is too boring, I give him, say, an opalo with 5 peds of ammo to try out or a set of mining gear and 10 probes if he wants to try mining. And what next? "Wow, ty!".. but what NEXT?
(insert disciple name) has left the Entropia Universe.
Every... EVERY single time. And what if I do NOT give my disciple any stuff after spending some painful hours of explanations and a tp run to Nea's?
(insert disciple name) has logged off

...and a few days later when I log on...

(insert disciple name) has abandoned you.

WHY? Why am I getting discipleophobia?? Every time I hear someone ask for a mentor and I answer the call, one of the two above happens... are there actually ANY people these days who are really new and need mentorship?? Yes, I'll whine because that's all I have left to do :bomb:
I'm a simple non-depositing (due to lack of personal income) sweater trying to help people and willing to share the little I have but EVERYONE enjoys messing with me. What have I done to deserve this??

P.S. I'm not angry, I'm sad... I keep falling for the same thing over and over again...

If you expect different results, take different actions. If you do something over and over again and get the same results each time, don't be suprised mate!

It sucks I know, I have had the same thing happen to me many times - I try not to give disciples any gifts now until they reach at least 30% and way after the 3 day kicking period - been burned on that one a couple times.

If I take on a disciple I try to "qualify" them before taking them on - be up front about EU - I always tell them, yes you can play this game without ever putting a penny into it - but its going to take you FOREVER to advance. I tell them they are going to need to be able to deposit into their account if they seriously want to advance in EU and have any real fun. That alone usualy weeds out the children from the more serious player.

I always ask a bunch of other "qualifying" questions as well, but it doesn't always work out - you still get your "mentor farming" jerk looking for handouts and they kick you 5 minutes after you tell them they are getting jack shit until they reach 30% :)

Hope it helps mate.. GL

PS: Just had my 3rd disciple graduate last week.... he did it in under 3 weeks! Mind you he deposited 500US to get his free GC and all I got was a FreanD Alpha ME... with the amount he deposited and how fast he did it I should have got a nice ME gift... HEAR THAT MA??? Cheap buggers :)

Cheers!

That alone usualy weeds out the children from the more serious player.

A common line among them is "I think of depositing"/"I am going to deposit in X days" :laugh:
Thanks for your response, from now on I'm ignoring ANYONE who asks for a mentor... it's already cost me too much time and money :mad:

Back