FYI: How Loot Returns Work as Function of Looter Level and Efficiency, Based on Actual Data, as of March 3rd, 2022

Kill any low level monster on caly, it is "rare drop access" time as "diluted sweat" start to drop
was used with maters as a trigger of mining for rare materials too, as first item drps, there is a window of about 5 to 10 minute, then a cooldown of 50 to 70
it is the same with tier components, there is access to taht part of loot table only in a time window.
if yo ulook for evidence in Nextisland, kill myrinians , the "amazon legs" are not only limited in time window but also in quantity so if more hunters are active once the about 20 allowed per "time window" are gone they stop to drop.
so ... a decent monster need decent MU oils for all the other 50 minutes to sustain the TTloss....it is quite simple and known but it has NOTHING to do with TT return (it moves in sinewaves, but it can bealso a false perception forom smoothing a specific timespan

We need a new and more dynamic loot wave that aint that abvious.... 5-10mins of goodies and 50-70mins bad times and then 5-10min again withh goodies.. system needs to change! Same with boxes and rings. Just wait for someone else to open a rare ring and then you spam it for 5-10mins and hope your the lucky one.

System is so simple and so badly designed that an intern could make a better system in 25mins.

simply waves MUST NOT EXIST and all teh loot tables slot must just be accessed via randomizer

to reduce supply of "TT FOOD is absolutely trivial:
item can be stored (no effect on quantity lootable)
can be crafted (need to drop more)
are sold to TT (need to drop less)

the quantity is balanced with shrapnels.... of course we ALL prefer to drop more shrapnels thatn Thyroid Oil
and we all prefer to loot more spleen than shrapnels

the actual "communist" system of limited supply just reduces market for weapons that use redulite ecause they are not anymore interesting comapred to level 65 armatrix
(just an example, it affects all the items)

Not trying to speak for OP but I had to dig to this, as it was relevant to another thread.

On September 11th, we initiated a temporary test in which the MindArk fee for hunting was lowered significantly. In the long term, we hope that a lower MindArk fee will result in increased overall activity and new participant retention, and thereby compensate for the lower short-term revenue. We plan to continue experimenting with these revenue settings in the near future to gather more data. Early data show positive results from those experiments: [LIST] [*]Hunters with turnover of more than 50000 PED since Sept. 11 have enjoyed returns of 98.6% on average. [*]Hunters with turnover between 10000 and 50000 PED since Sept. 11 have enjoyed returns of 97.05% on average. [*]Accounts created in 2017 have enjoyed returns of 96.94% on average since the changes implemented on Sept. 11. [/LIST]

They appear to have added the Loot 2.0 modifiers, then adjusted the base returns by means of MindArk fees and/or other tuning until the returns normalized near the desired overall rates.

Not trying to speak for OP but I had to dig to this, as it was relevant to another thread.

On September 11th, we initiated a temporary test in which the MindArk fee for hunting was lowered significantly. In the long term, we hope that a lower MindArk fee will result in increased overall activity and new participant retention, and thereby compensate for the lower short-term revenue. We plan to continue experimenting with these revenue settings in the near future to gather more data. Early data show positive results from those experiments: [LIST] [*]Hunters with turnover of more than 50000 PED since Sept. 11 have enjoyed returns of 98.6% on average. [*]Hunters with turnover between 10000 and 50000 PED since Sept. 11 have enjoyed returns of 97.05% on average. [*]Accounts created in 2017 have enjoyed returns of 96.94% on average since the changes implemented on Sept. 11. [/LIST]

They appear to have added the Loot 2.0 modifiers, then adjusted the base returns by means of MindArk fees and/or other tuning until the returns normalized near the desired overall rates.
this was before looter levels were introduced, so that info is probably not that accurate anymore

Fair enough, in terms of any hard numbers or target values there.

I didn't get the exact release date but they were debugging looter professions on live within a couple months of that post. I would guess this was still one of the main tuning methods.

As noted of course, a guess - I'm also curious if OP thinks it was something much different.

I did read something about a AI controlled System that is about to come

I just cant remember if it actualy was a idea or a official Statement

remember that we all recycle ammo
a 98% return is not far from reality even with my modest gears and levels
BUT
when i LEVERAGE my ped card shooting over aned over recycling shraps i am adding volumes with same ped card

an esample:
player a cycle 100.000 ped and has 100k on ped card, end of month is 98.000 ped
player 2 cycle 100.000 ped but has a ped card of 10.000 .... end of month he has lost 2000 BUT on his x10 leverage are 20% loss
player 3 has 3000 ped on card, cycle 100k in a month, looses 2000, he lost 66% of his card.

so.. remember that 2% loss is on VOLUME cycled
and that already can change some point of view on "bad returns"

the real point is TOO HIGH GEARING (financial leverage)

Good job!

I feel for the new players though, not only are most stuck on L gear, paying MU, but also their TT return should average out at ~90%.

In my opinion looter levels have way to much weight, the baseline should be higher.

Good job!

I feel for the new players though, not only are most stuck on L gear, paying MU, but also their TT return should average out at ~90%.

In my opinion looter levels have way to much weight, the baseline should be higher.
im new, have only been using the platinum starter pack gear so far

never used an (L) item, so im not paying any mu

only hunted snablesnots so far, rank 21

after more than 10'000 kills on them i sit just over 100% tt returns (to be fair i did only start tracking from rank 13 onwards, i did not know how to before)

i mean im not complaining, i dont think anyone should "feel" for new players. ive done some research and learned what to do to get stable returns, and did exactly what i learned

surprise, the system works :)

after more than 10'000 kills on them i sit just over 100% tt returns (to be fair i did only start tracking from rank 13 onwards, i did not know how to before)

i mean im not complaining, i dont think anyone should "feel" for new players. ive done some research and learned what to do to get stable returns, and did exactly what i learned

Enjoy it while it lasts, no one stays over 100% TT, but small mobs have ok markup. The problem begins when starting to hunt slighty bigger. But i hope you prove me wrong.

Enjoy it while it lasts, no one stays over 100% TT, but small mobs have ok markup. The problem begins when starting to hunt slighty bigger. But i hope you prove me wrong.
oh, i know it wont stay that way. i consider it a nice streak, but still. hunting slightly bigger will never be a problem as long as i time it right

i trust the system and what countless others before have tested and proven :)

Well done, mate, for having a brain, gathering data, and getting results that don't match the standard census.
You would be my ideal mentee. People say, "There's no way you can have high TT returns using just 65% Eff.

Ps: you don't have to use the ZX Rod to improve your returns.

The principle stays the same throughout the game. The main issue when you level up creatures is the amount of bankroll required. People severely underestimate it.

Well done, mate, for having a brain, gathering data, and getting results that don't match the standard census.
You would be my ideal mentee. People say, "There's no way you can have high TT returns using just 65% Eff.

Ps: you don't have to use the ZX Rod to improve your returns.
i will be 100% honest i still dont fully grasp what it does for me but from what i understand i get a small skilling bonus from it, which isnt too bad
and for the tiny teeny amount of decay it has i don't see any harm in leaving it on :) and returns are fine for now so i'd rather not break a formula that works for me

as for having a brain a lot of my entourage would like to disagree haha! i am just very analytical and find the intricacies of this game's skilling and loot system fascinating so far :)

i will be 100% honest i still dont fully grasp what it does for me but from what i understand i get a small skilling bonus from it, which isnt too bad
and for the tiny teeny amount of decay it has i don't see any harm in leaving it on :) and returns are fine for now so i'd rather not break a formula that works for me

as for having a brain a lot of my entourage would like to disagree haha! i am just very analytical and find the intricacies of this game's skilling and loot system fascinating so far :)
nightbloom acquired a increase to his math skill by 0.500 and has leveled up, it is now at lvl 1
nightbloom acquired a increase to his analysis skill by 1.649 , it is now at lvl 0 :(
nightbloom acquired a increase to his bird watching skill by 0.2004.

Good job!

Actually, for a n00b grinding high MU, low HP mobs like vixen, arret or paneleon weak, the great skill gain on these mobs (HP/L ratio is prima) and MU will offset the tt loss by far. Due to high kill count/loot events, they will also reach their average tt return value faster (compared to mid-level guy hunting rex/feffox etc).

It's WAY worse for mid-level players dabbling with 50 looter skills and 70 eff from armatrix (with its 1-1.5% MU) shooting on spawns with high enough spawn rate for their DPS - these spawns are competed over, and the turnover by the players is so high that there's little rare loot or MU to be had. Some adopt the smart strategy of logging in during Mayhem only, but it's a bad game design - too many UL guns, too few sinks for the materials (material consumption hasn't scaled with DPS creep and # of
macro users).

My next test probably won't happen until I hit level 100 animal looter, as I see no point testing until I get there. The next goal would be to see if there is an actual cap on looter impact at level 100, and also see if anything about efficiency changes at 100+.
@Jhereg, I assume you must be over 100 animal looter by now, any chance for some further testing?

Back