Question: How many new players actually read the Entropia Forums?

How long have you been playing Entropia?

• Haven't started yet

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Have logged on once

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Less than a week (but more than 1 time)

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Less than a month (but more than a week)

Votes: 8 3.0%
  • Less than 2 months (but more than a month)

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Longer than 2 months

Votes: 239 88.5%

• Total voters
i've been playing for almost 3 months now, and read the forums even before i installed the game :)

what a big help it was too.... i'm pretty sure i'm one of the most educated and well known 3-month old here!!
:wtg:

I can second that. I thought you were and old veteran of this game until I saw your job seeking thread where you "claimed" to be a noob. I was so confused because the thread was a noob thread but I was sure you had been around for ages. :eek:

On topic, I will be at 8 weeks on Saturday.

I joined the forums in my 3rd month in EU. Not sure what took so long. I was in a society by my second month in game. I do recommend it to all new players I come across and even anyone else that has a queston I can`t answer. I recommend it to all my soc mates new and old. There is simply too much information not to at least read EF if you are even half serious about EU. I`m often the first to know what is happening in game due to the forums. SO many good players think to come right here and say when something starts to happen like spawns and stuff. And we can`t forget how even MA and FPC people drop news and nuggets here that non EF users remain unaware of. Forums are a great resource for any area of interest and EU is no different. You almost can`t afford not to read EF. And that says alot for 711, the moderators, contributors and all the members here!

It was my third month in EU before I found the forum. Having never played an online game before I didn't even know the purpose of a forum. I guess I was noob at more than just EU. Society mates were the most helpful way for me to learn the game - but it sure would have been helpful to know about EF earlier. The use of forums in General has become much more widespread since the 3 years ago when I first started.

I really think MA should run a competition for the best new player guide (alice has a good headstart I guess) and then email the guide with a link to the forums to every new player the day they sign up.

I've just done 3 x expo's around aAustralia for Entropia in the past month or so, would have been great to hand out a printed version of a guide to new players, maybe also a map of Calypso included. Just handing a disk is great, but maybe not quite enough to get a majority of people to try it.

It was my third month in EU before I found the forum. Having never played an online game before I didn't even know the purpose of a forum. I guess I was noob at more than just EU. Society mates were the most helpful way for me to learn the game - but it sure would have been helpful to know about EF earlier. The use of forums in General has become much more widespread since the 3 years ago when I first started.

I really think MA should run a competition for the best new player guide (alice has a good headstart I guess) and then email the guide with a link to the forums to every new player the day they sign up.

I've just done 3 x expo's around aAustralia for Entropia in the past month or so, would have been great to hand out a printed version of a guide to new players, maybe also a map of Calypso included. Just handing a disk is great, but maybe not quite enough to get a majority of people to try it.

Curious, you're personally putting on Expos for EU and handing out install discs? Are you being supported by MA/FPC or just doing it independently?

Without Entropia Forum I would have never found my mentor Nihilist...+rep for Entropia Forum :yay:

Hah! Oh and by the way my mentor is way better than anyone elses :wtg:

But being serious without this forum I never would of had hope or prayer of figuring the basics out. Instead of just reading a guide on trading, on ecohunting etc...I would of burned ped like crazy in my pursuit to figure it out.

In the end I would of quit disappointed in the game, or I would have learned "The hard way" how to play.

Either way kudos to this forum as it has saved me alot of Ped and headaches!

As soon as I heard about EF I joined up, was probably playing the game for a week or two when I caught wind of EF. Excellent resource for EVERYTHING entropia.

I've joined recently after 6 months of playing. But I've been advised to read EF from the very beginning, just did it without starting an account here.

I am like 2 months old or so. and been on the forums for about that time frame.

it would also be intersting to know how many old players read the forums, i dont bother much since i got unfairly banned for necroposting, without warning. all i actually did was post grats to players. so i was only here cause the new update failed and its worked now. i would say dont waste your time with this forum to any serious player.

i always see people directing others to EF, or maybe entropedia

this feels like the place to go if youre an EU player

i started in september 07
I only created an account by febr 08, when my mentor told me about it :p

I've played EU for a few days now. Mostly sweating but all the time learning new things.

Like now: I was at Swamp Camp sweating and asked in the main chat if there's an easier way than running to x, 76310 and then press "T" to get to Swamp Camp (I haven't dared leaving the place since I got there!). Somebody mentioned "tp chip", and now I'm gonna search after "tp chip" here on the forum, and hopefully get it explained.

And I also want to say thanks to all the players who are so nice to us newbies, it's very much appreciated and I'll do the same to players that I can help.

Regards

Psychopathic

I have been reading this forum since two weeks before I joined this game. If I had not been, the game would be far far more confusing.

Every time when I need to know something about the game I look here first:D. I always get my answers from you guys:yay:. Don’t even bother to send support cases to MA.:wise: I get better answers from you.:wtg:

I have been here for eight days now. I have not been doing much though just working on teleports and dealing with all the new updates. After seeing the new planet sites I'm kinda waiting on them to open. I'm thinking on starting with Next Island instead of here. I'm sure its not going to be that easy to crossover from planet to planet but maybe I'm wrong. I just don't want to invest a lot of time when I will probably move soon anyway.

id been playing for a year before i found EF

Back