How many of you check these forum at work and how many times per day???

ElbryanWolf

Dominant
Society
SynerGen
Elbryan Wolf Wyndon
Hi all,
I've gotten my real job only recently (3 weeks ago). I'm fresh out of school and i realize how much time i spend per day at work typing and browsing forums like these. At school it didn't really matter since we had all time pc access and some of the courses where :zzz: so i found it ok to check these out. But now i realize i still do it and i get paid... I kinda have a moral problem there.... part of me says so what if your here it's because you didn't have some job to do and another part says this isn't right, that i should find something constructive to do thats job related... (i kinda tend to listen to my :evilking: side so thats why i'm on) but i was wondering how each one of you delt with this. (And don't be shy if your a boss and you wanna talk about your employees or yourself :))

Greetz

I check new posts every couple hours. Its much faster to check them when there's less new posts. :)

Well couple last days I have been stuck at home computer so I have basically had one eye on here all the time. Going to change some day. I think... :silly2:

But this is nothing to compared when I had my worst forum addiction. I had three different forums and I think I possibly spent 3-4 hours per day in writing posts only. I did wrote something like 30-70 post per day. But because it was an addiction I quit one forum totally and cut down rest :)

Last edited:
I check at least every hour when Im at home and Gnasher dont sit here. Why? I dont have any job or school. PE is my "job" :)

On where I used to go to school they banned a forum-friend type of page. Almost like "spraydate" and such but for like friends not just designed for flirting... We had each our Mac's in our class to work with graphic design and so on..
ALL of my classmates and the other classes that had PC's with internet used this site, and often found themself doing more chatting then work, leading it to that when a project was in its last days there was some really hectic days!

its a common problem really :) one thing is checking it now and then but one thing is going through most of the day with JUST doing that and not properly doing the work your set to do :)

Just kick yourself if you take yourself not working because of chatting!

Screw the man, do what you want... Just don't get caught. :D

DD
:evilking:

All the time :) But most of the times I dont have acces to Internet when I'm at work. Cause I'm a slave :)

I do check out the forum at work but only at break and lunch just because I am way to damn busy to do it anymore or I would :D

Ok...this will make you feel better. I have been playing PE for 1 year this month. I play, on average, 25-30 hours per week. That's roughly 5-6 hours per day 5 days a week. Why only 5 days you may ask? :scratch: That's right ladies and gentlmen....I play from work! :eek: I have a 100mb/s internet connection from work and dail-up from home...what would you do. :dunno: I too went through the dilemma you are currently facing...PE won. :evilking: To be fair, I work 2nd shift (4pm-12am) Saturday thru Wednesday. I only work with 2 other guys. One of them is the guy who introduced me to PE and is the leader of my soc. and the other is just really cool. I have to be careful and work always comes first but, wtf...you only live once. So ROCK ON MAN! :headbang:

PS...YES. I'm at work right now.... :cool:

I am on here frequently when I am home. Usually I will check in and out every few hours at least while I'm doing the household chores.
When I am at work, I do not have personal access to the net so no EF for me then :girl:

I get to work I check my emails. Then it's turning wrenches all day for me, no more puter or even have one near me...

Wolf said:
Ok...this will make you feel better. I have been playing PE for 1 year this month. I play, on average, 25-30 hours per week. That's roughly 5-6 hours per day 5 days a week. Why only 5 days you may ask? That's right ladies and gentlmen....I play from work! :eek: I have a 100mb/s internet connection from work and dail-up from home...what would you do. I too went through the dilemma you are currently facing...PE won. :evilking: To be fair, I work 2nd shift (4pm-12am) Saturday thru Wednesday. I only work with 2 other guys. One of them is the guy who introduced me to PE and is the leader of my soc. and the other is just really cool. I have to be careful and work always comes first but, wtf...you only live once. So ROCK ON MAN!

PS...YES. I'm at work right now....

Okay !! I wanna know exactly what your work consists in :wise: I want specific details !
The job you do I MUST do also :D Getting payed to play PE sounds sooooo :eek:
BTW , how's the pay ? :laugh:

I only chek EF when i'm on my breaks so not realy a moral issue for me. easy to keep up every 2.5 hrs too.

this forum is open all day at work just have to hide it when my boss comes out of her office not that she would mind shes always on the SWG forum. (GAMER GIRL POWER) :girl:

dont get me wrong though i do everything in my in tray before looking im not a lazy bum that spends all day trying to get out of work :wise:

Last edited:
Mr Claude said:
Okay !! I wanna know exactly what your work consists in :wise: I want specific details !
The job you do I MUST do also :D Getting payed to play PE sounds sooooo :eek:
BTW , how's the pay ? :laugh:
I'm a 'Senior Computer Operator' for a large university in New York State. Basically.....I uhhhh...well, it's kinda hard to describe. I sort of watch things to make sure they run correctly. If they don't, I call somebody to fix them. There are alot of other little things I do....some web work....documentation of procedures....printing....etc. I actually work for the State so, keep paying those taxes. :) The pay is not bad...not great either. You have to take an exam to get my job and to get promoted, you have to take exams...etc. Incidentally...I'm not supposed to be playing video games....but :smoke: You know the old saying..."It's easier to beg for forgivness than to ask for permission."

Same, play from work and at home.

Check 'new posts' every hour or so...

in the beginning..

there was only one thread..

there were only four posters..

we all checked every hour or so for replies. ;) (we all needed EFD for our first arcade passes)

just started, i better not promise anything :tongue2:

Well had to much work last week it seems :p Didn't get to come around much to check my own thread (naughty boy i am :dunce: ). Well this week with easter that just passed by should be slower so maybe a bit more EF. As for playing from the job... can't , pc's are mostly monitered and i'm sure they'd figure things out if i start eating up the bandwith :) So i wait till i get home for play. GF works the night shift so i put in about 4-6 hours a day. Since i only started here (at my job) about a month ago and that before that i was at school... i use to play almost 8 hours a day. My avatar's about 2.5 years old now... i though PE would be just a phase... but guess i got hooked somewhere... don't know why :p Anyways, as long as the work you get payed for gets done on time and properly, i don't see any wrong in a little extra pleasure :cool:

Greetz

*Edit: Btw Nea nice new siggi... a bit different than the EP one but i like :)

I check this out when at school or at home, or at my girlfriend :) ..
in the weekend every few hours, in the schooltime i don't know - i'm pretty new here ;) ... I'll see :)

Back