Question: How many skills we lose every time we log out?

Hi,

it happened to me as well several times. Both after server crash and log out.
I´m cautious since then but you can´t prevent it every time...

Cheers,

Perry

And what will happen if i want to stay in for 1-2 hours, but after 10 min i'll crash (like was today when i was hunting drones). All my skills will go? (what i had gained) :scratch2:

It's hard to say, cause i myself have ctd a few times and kept skills and profs just unlocked, so it may b some random bug, or may not even be there still. I'd love some hard proof so we can point to it.

Now you see why I stay logged in 24/7 now if I can. When you logout, you should allow the 20 seconds to count down. If you just click "Exit", I teleport to your avatar and begin to chip out whatever skills you've gained during that session. I then kick your avatar in the nuts directly before the last second counts down and then proceed to tapdance on you as you wallow in pain.

Haven't you ever wondered what happens while you aren't watching for that 20 seconds? :)

Thats a bit underhanded i must say :)

Yeah, I'm actually in a quantum state that bridges time
Try a real dictionary? :p

http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/fastidious?view=uk

First meaning in current language use - "very attentive to accuracy and detail"

The reason I chose to use that particular word was becasue of it's current meaning and the original meaning. It was a kind of language joke :/

Well actually, I did check a few dictionaries. They all almost told the same.
And as I said, you should know better.
I 'm not bad in English, but not that good either. Would be to awesome if I would know all possible language jokes for English ;)
(bet I beat you in dutch :D )

Since this happens, MA needs to fire up the ol double skill gain for a month or three so everyone can get the skills they have paid for :rolleyes:

Since this happens, MA needs to fire up the ol double skill gain for a month or three so everyone can get the skills they have paid for :rolleyes:

Tried to force it but haven't succeeded yet, I vote yes on the double skill gain anyway though.

I haven't noticed any loss of skills after logging out. Might be because I don't check my skills all day. And because I know heard you apperently can lose skills while logging out I still won't check my skills everyday ;)

No need for paranoia here :)

It's probably not re-creatable as well - by the very fact that we check our skills screens at start and end of a session, we probably force a refresh on the skill server?

wait.....I'm not crazy after all then....

I unlocked 130 hp...then, crashed, relogged and was at 129.9....:mad:

if this happens with skills then it should also happen with peds missing after a trade is done intresting

if this happens with skills then it should also happen with peds missing after a trade is done intresting

Yeah, it doesn't make sense really to happen only with skills.

And if it did happen with PEDs, that would be a ridiculously easy way to dupe money... which would be incredibly bad for everyone.

Yeah, it doesn't make sense really to happen only with skills.

And if it did happen with PEDs, that would be a ridiculously easy way to dupe money... which would be incredibly bad for everyone.

Actually it does make sense to happen only in some circumstances and not others. Constantly saving your character is expensive, but some transactions, like trades, need to be saved immediately.

I have a few theories on how it all works but imo decay and skills are saved periodically, not every single time you are hit or gain a skill. Ammo and loot IS saved every time you shoot or loot and is most likely being tracked somewhere different, possibly the local area server.

Be it a further logout delay or other means, this needs to be fixed. :eek:

Having those not knowing to stand around for a few minutes before logging off lose skills because of it seems quite unreasonable.:scratch2:

It's probably not re-creatable as well - by the very fact that we check our skills screens at start and end of a session, we probably force a refresh on the skill server?

This is a good point too, I think I'm going to log out immediately after I gain a rank in something though it would be a lot easier/quicker for someone with a "family member" that has a low skilled avatar to do so.

Had a tp chip bug today whilst fapping Scotland in WoF. Hit 34 Paramedic on the last mob before heading out to join the last minute dash for the support sweep mobs. TP chip froze and needed a relog, after which I hit 34 Paramedic again.

Could only have been two or three skill gains lost though imo, but it's a flaw nevertheless.

I recently recieved an hp point after hunting for about 3 hours. I logged out, manually wasnt a ctd, and logged back in, and bingo my hp was where it was prior to hunting about 3 hours previously. So i relogged, with same result.

I sent a support ticket about it and and went brb. I noticed that I ctd, and couldnt log for 5 mins cos of 'unable to connect' bs,when i eventually logged back in the hp was where it should be with the additional point. I then went to the support page and my case was 'in progress' but i hadnt had a reply. I sent an update saying everything was fine now, thanks if you've helped, and got a reply almost immediately saying:

Hi,
We are happy to hear that your issue has been solved. Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you have any further inquiries.
We hope you have a great time in Entropia Universe!
Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

So did they intervene, but keep quiet so as not to admit liability?

I've been wondering about this myself for awhile and was thinking it was 'me' and my memory problems I've been having at times lately. I guess I'll start using Djegre's skill scanner on my hunting stuff and see how it goes.

Thanks for making the thread. Yes, a response from community manager is much needed on this. She rocks :)

Is what support would say I suppose... To bored to get copy paste back so I won't send support on this one too...
However, it would be interesting to know if anyone figured a way to avoid losing those skills and what type of effort involved.

Teleporting around? Changing servers/continents/CP/CND or anything else? Starting some activity in different professions? Go inside buildings? Stay outside? Put on the orange suit? Take it off? Face West? Type "Marco" in chat before log out? Add more words before and after "Marco"?

You can see that I am bored....

I heard about this a while ago and noticed it a little when logging off. It became painfully apparent when i though i had hit the next agility point then logged in the next time to find myself at 99% again.

The solution i found is simply not to log off manually. Just leave your avatar logged into a safe place and minimize the window, let the 1 hour logout timer do its job. This seems to be plenty of time for the servers to record and save your skill data.

Since doing it this way I have not recorded a single skill point loss. Unfortunately there isn't much we can do about losses due to crashes and disconnections at this stage :(

I haven't noticed the bugged, maybe because I usually sort out the "massive amounts" of loot I gain after each hunt before I log off. It usually takes about 10 mins to refine, stack/store, TT and auction my loot. Hopefully they get to save my skills during this non-skilling period.

Everyone back up and think what's going on under the hood in the mothership:

1: they have a crap load of data, so much that will never ever fit on one server.

2: this means that many (MANY!) database servers are used to save your stats.likely dozens.

3: all these servers can never be synchronized perfectly at any time. the common industry term for large database clusters is that they're "synchronized eventually". Depending on load, this could be a few minutes at least

Some light reading: http://cassandra.apache.org/

4: So the question is: if you log out and then wait for 20 minutes do you have your new skills then?

If you're saying, "cheap bastards! buy some real servers!" save it for another time because this is how the biggest and best companies operate.

I have bad news...same is hapening with Tier progres mid levels on weapons.

I have 4 katsuishi Honor with almost similar TIR rates (few points diference,used for tiering tests) while i was able make 3 of them from tier 0,0 to 0,9 each in one longer session (few repairs to reach that point) last one I played with for over 12 full repairs to reach same tier lvl (i reloged due to RL issues before reaching tier gain before i have to repair it).

Seems like tier datas also have problem with buffering. :/

Had this happen to me a couple of times not long after v10 with prospecting and logged a support call. Was told my skills were saved fine. I didn't take note of the consumables I had on me so couldn't say if their numbers were reset as well as the skills but I would have to guess they were or it should have stood out to support.

reporting additional health gained - but no additional health got - not logged on today to see if the server has "caught up" - will report back later tonight.

reporting additional health gained - but no additional health got - not logged on today to see if the server has "caught up" - will report back later tonight.

Apparently the health bar graphic on the skills page doesn't update whilst you're logged in. I had the same thing yesterday, it updated when I relogged.

Apparently the health bar graphic on the skills page doesn't update whilst you're logged in. I had the same thing yesterday, it updated when I relogged.

Had that problem to.

ahhhh, now i know why my skills going so slow:scratch2:

Back